Team-BHP - Best Xenon HID conversion kit
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Best Xenon HID conversion kit (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/13385-best-xenon-hid-conversion-kit-5.html)

Im not sure what the law says in India, but as per the research i carried out, aftermarket HID conversions in the US are mostly illegal.

The HID's were installed in existing swift OE headlamps and no changes were done. Its a really simple proced really, no cutting of wires, only mouting the ballasts and controllers. the Hi/LO is actuated by a single filament and the movt is achieveed by the controller when the headlamp switch is shifted from high to low, sum magnetic type.The bulb moves in and out. Also the heat generated is much lesser than a halo bulb !! For other type like H1. H7, H11 etc, also kits are available.

I guess the reason to provide halogen on full beam is to reduce the cost to the manufacturer ? But now cars like the Passat r available with Bi Xenon as std fitment where 2 sets of projectros are used ?

The beams do not blind the oncoming traffic as long as its on low. ill post sum night time pics to illustrate them.This would be a problem with aftermarket projectors where the light beam would get scattered !!!

There is a disclaimer on the box in really fine print which says - 'For off road use only'. But being in Blore, where the road conditions are really bad, esp when it rains, any additional light on the road would only help to save oneself lol:

I strongly recommend any of ull who r planning to istall HID's , do so only with the original kits of Philips, other kits would be at half the rate, but offer no guarantee whatsoever..

Hi Guys... check out the pics of the lights o low and hi beam :)

WOW.. The hi beam is pretty high I feel. The low looks perfect.
These are projectors right ?

Btw +1 on the light getting scattered. Its not been even 4 days into the HID change and I am worried about the light that gets throwed on the people. Well, I am going to my installer one more time and get the settings done.

Also, please let me know if there is something that can be done now. I tried asking on the other thread about moving to projector setup but its all in vain as H4 cant be fitted onto the projectors. It needs H1. Wrong move by me I feel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mushroomz (Post 1361705)
Also, please let me know if there is something that can be done now. I tried asking on the other thread about moving to projector setup but its all in vain as H4 cant be fitted onto the projectors. It needs H1. Wrong move by me I feel.

As I mentioned in my previous post, it is almost impossible to achieve correct beam focus using cheap aftermaket chinese projector headlights. About running HIDs in reflector headlights, it is illegal and you would be putting other road users and yourself into great danger.

Trust me, I spent 50K for my HIDs and Projector setup. But what I got at the end is couple of near misses at high speeds on highways.

The best option for you would be to throw away those HID kits and revert to your OEM lights.

I know what you mean. I had read good reviews about Autogauge but seems like I didn't do my homework well. I will have to re-think about moving back to OEMs.
Thanks !

Hi .. these are the original philips HID kit installed in my OEM reflector, no changes done to the setup, according to the philips guys, the HID kits they sell are OK to be used in the stock headlights and would give btr results.....

the hi beam is pretty high...ive adjusted the high beam in such a way so as to make the idiots who drive around with hi beam dip their lights...by using the switch on the dashboard..

One flash from my hi beam is enough for them to dip theirs :) otherwise i find the low beam suits my reqts more than enough....

Is there a way I can set my HID beam?? Please help !

Cheers !

HI Mushroomz !

You wanna set the hi beam on your projectors or the stock headlight ??

Hey Nirmal,

I want to set the hi beam on my HID, not the stock. I have HID h4 installed.

Cheers !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit (Post 1364706)
Hi .. these are the original philips HID kit installed in my OEM reflector, no changes done to the setup, according to the philips guys, the HID kits they sell are OK to be used in the stock headlights and would give btr results.....

the hi beam is pretty high...ive adjusted the high beam in such a way so as to make the idiots who drive around with hi beam dip their lights...by using the switch on the dashboard..

One flash from my hi beam is enough for them to dip theirs :) otherwise i find the low beam suits my reqts more than enough....

hi

have you installed the 4200 k or the 6000k Philips hid conversion kit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amidoc (Post 1658130)
hi

Philips had 4k and 6k. As per the dealer in Cochin they have only 6k now.
4k was way too yellowish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit (Post 1364706)

I do understand the sentiments behind the "revenge"
I've adjusted the lights in such a way that road will be well illuminated and not to blind on-coming traffic.

Lets face the facts, HID is simply too bright and it really does't matter or is required to blind the on coming "high-beamer". You will be able to see the road with these babies ON.

On a personal note, I don't use high beam that much and "only" when it is required. I hate it being used for no reason by not-so-well-informed drivers, I pity them.
Its just one of those Horn-OK-Please type things.

EDIT: Guys who are keen in going the HID way, stay away from Chinese brands its just for the "bling" factor and nothing else. You'll be wasting your money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amidoc (Post 1658130)
hi

As per what the Philips guys told me, they've discontinued the 4200 K due to customer feed back that its yellow and that customer demand is for the 6000 K due to its bluish white tint. (you can see in my night time picture above !)

Quote:

Originally Posted by yzfrj (Post 1658540)

I do understand the sentiments behind the "revenge"
I've adjusted the lights in such a way that road will be well illuminated and not to blind on-coming traffic.

Lets face the facts, HID is simply too bright and it really does't matter or is required to blind the on coming "high-beamer". You will be able to see the road with these babies ON.

On a personal note, I don't use high beam that much and "only" when it is required. I hate it being used for no reason by not-so-well-informed drivers, I pity them.
Its just one of those Horn-OK-Please type things.

EDIT: Guys who are keen in going the HID way, stay away from Chinese brands its just for the "bling" factor and nothing else. You'll be wasting your money.

agree: i find the low beam suits my usage 90 % of the time and i use the high beam only to signal the oncoming guys to dip their lights, i find a faster response compared to when i had halogens ! You're right about the Chinese kits, Philips is way way better in terms of reliability and performance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit (Post 1658979)
As per what the Philips guys told me, they've discontinued the 4200 K due to customer feed back that its yellow and that customer demand is for the 6000 K due to its bluish white tint. (you can see in my night time picture above !)

How much did you get the 6000k for??

this still leaves the issue regarding the legality of HIDS.
are they legal? cops generally keep an eye out for people with lamps in colour anything other than yellow.

Can any one tell me if the plastic dome on the ANHC would melt if i changed over to Xenon HID