Team-BHP - Best Xenon HID conversion kit
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Best Xenon HID conversion kit (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/13385-best-xenon-hid-conversion-kit-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SX4LOVER (Post 1659145)
How much did you get the 6000k for??

I got the kit for 8,500 from the Philips distributor from JC Road & the installation was 500.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinaydas (Post 1659380)
this still leaves the issue regarding the legality of HIDS.
are they legal? cops generally keep an eye out for people with lamps in colour anything other than yellow.

:D The box says in fine print - "For off road use only" . Im not so sure about them being legal or not but since the new generation cars come with xenon, im guessing it should be, also this a standard 35W 6000 K kit. In the 6 months ive been using them, i haven't been caught by the cops even a single time. (Only been stopped for the breathalyzer tests !!) I always drive around on low beam in the city though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abishek2222 (Post 1659424)
Can any one tell me if the plastic dome on the ANHC would melt if i changed over to Xenon HID

Unlikely, ive been using a kit of the standard 35 W & my feedback is that they run much cooler than halogens, in fact after being satisfied with the performance on my Swift over the last 6 months, im planning to get a kit installed in my ANHC shortly :D

I wanted to change the stock bulbs to HID/projectors on my Palio GTX. Any suggestions? Palio headlights have two headlights, I mean one for low beam(H1) and one for High Beam(H7), please correct me if I'm wrong. So wanted to install 4 projector lights, something similar to the BMW type. Where can I get it done in Pune, Mumbai?

Need an installer who knows what he is doing and who can set it up perfectly not blinding the on-coming traffic. Saw one in performancezone for Palios, cost 17K, has anyone tried it?

I have been using a set of 4300k Philips HIDs in my WagonR. Haven't found a single problem till date.

Hi, I want to put HID on my punto. That could be either Phillips 4300k or 6000k. Can anyone answer my query. Which one would good to put and what is the price of conversion kits. Any side effects because of xenon HID(like reflector burnout and drain the battery). Is I am going to void warranty on my vehicle?.

Thanks

What exactly does a "kit" contain- I see recommendations for the Philips kit, does it have just the Xenon bulbs, or will it have the projectors & bezels too?

I am talking about Phillips conversion kit. Kits contain bulbs and ballast. I am going to use this in regular reflector housing. Are they give good focus and range as real projector?
I saw a note in Phillips website related to Xenon conversion as below.

NOTE : Xenon HID bulbs can only be used in vehicles that have HID lighting systems. They cannot be used as an upgrade in conventional headlights.

So we are not suppose to upgrade on regular reflector housing?

Thanks

Using Xenon without HID, in a normal reflector will scatter the light without focusing it properly. This will impair the visibility of oncoming traffic, and the driver too will have much of a benefit in terms of visibility.

Then how we should go about this. What will be best solution on installing HID on regular reflector housing.

You'd have to buy Projectors (the lens that houses the Xenon bulb), and optionally an angel eyes bezel - instead of driving lights. Open the headlight assembly (a lot of patience, warm air blower... Google!!) fix the projector, bulb, et all!

I have said it in a pretty simple two lines - it is not really so. Check and see if you can find someone who can do that. There are also a couple of DIY threads in Team BHP.

Easiest option - buy a headlight assembly - glass, reflector, projector, bulbs, everything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph03n!x (Post 1681095)
You'd have to buy Projectors (the lens that houses the Xenon bulb), and optionally an angel eyes bezel - instead of driving lights. Open the headlight assembly (a lot of patience, warm air blower... Google!!) fix the projector, bulb, et all!

I have said it in a pretty simple two lines - it is not really so. Check and see if you can find someone who can do that. There are also a couple of DIY threads in Team BHP.

Easiest option - buy a headlight assembly - glass, reflector, projector, bulbs, everything.

Then I am not able to upgrade my punto headlights with HID xenon. . I don't have $$$ to buy a headlight assembly, glass, reflector, projector, bulbs.

Quote:

Using Xenon without HID, in a normal reflector will scatter the light without focusing it properly. This will impair the visibility of oncoming traffic, and the driver too will have much of a benefit in terms of visibility.
I hope you meant Projectors, as Xenon and HID are the same thing.

In theory the HID/Xenon's are 3 times brighter than conventional halogen.
I got these things installed on my dad's Swift (Yes on the stock head lamps).

Philips HID Kits, 6000k (4000k is not available as per Philips dealer)

I do not agree that it will "blind" the oncoming guy.

This is especially true in new cars as the headlamps "cannot" be raised beyond a certain level and its required by law to have a stepper motor thingy to adjust the height.

I've changed the headlamps in the swift for only one reason the 130/100 Philips Halogen's were too hot for the plastic headlamps. The same setup in my friends Swift burned the reflector.

I've the same light 130/100 on my zen and that works fine as the headlamp is metal.

I feel the light is brighter in my dad's swift and that goes for the brightness and beam spread. I rarely feel the urge to use high beam.

Unlike halogens there are no 2 filaments in an HID and its an electronic thingy that moves to change from High to low.

Word of advice :

Buy genuine stuff from the dealer, don't go for useless chinese brands.
There is shield like thingy inside the headlamp remove (its held in place by just a screw) that before fitting the HID bulb.

Stock light will have this.
Best Xenon HID conversion kit-untitled.jpg
See end of the red arrow.

Best Xenon HID conversion kit-img_2898.jpg
This pic is after the HID bulb has been installed. This is the thingy that will move up and down to dip the lights. So if you don't remove the thing that is already on the stock headlight unit it will reduce the brightness.

This is how the Xenon bulb will look like (inside its cover)
Best Xenon HID conversion kit-img_2864.jpg

EDIT : Let me add one more note here.
The silver thingy that covers the lights in the stock setup is (from what I heard) is supposed to protect the outer cover of the light from heat radiating off the bulb and I've heard claims from a dealer who is friend of mine that 130/100 have melted the plastic headlight units in the "new gen" cars.

If you look closely in the second pic you can see the reflector is a bit hazy, I guess this is due to the heat.
No there is no water vapor and the light is sealed properly. The car is 17 months old with 25k kms with 70/30 day/night driving.

Lights are switched off at lights and dad rarely uses high beams and does not use "pass" with low beam.
This is one strange thing I've observed even the seasoned driver does. If you use the "pass" (by pulling the lever to activate high beam) both filaments will be ON at the same time and will create so much heat. I suspect this is what caused the "burning" in my friend's car as it driven by a "driver".

Anyway with HID's you simply will not be able to do that as there is only one filament (err no filament actually, its a small glass sphere with Xenon gas)

yzrf is right.

HID is cooler than the High Wattage Halogens. Halogen bulbs operate efficiently with higher temperaure. (Ref: OSRAM SYLVANIA - How Halogen Works)
In comparison, HID has a cooler operating temperature and more than ten times the life of a halogen bulb.
(Ref:http://assets.sylvania.com/assets/Do...332f1c544f.pdf)

The key is to buy good HID conversion kits. You buy cheap ones, you will land in trouble with reliability and performance. The beam pattern will also be affected as the cheap ones have a non focused beam and can be very disturbing to the on coming traffic, even in low beam. I was once offered with a 150 AED (1800 Rs) kit by a shop keeper and branded ones come as costly as 1000 AED (12000 Rs)

guys can u suggest the type of hid bulb used in fortuner?? also which brand I should go for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by yzfrj (Post 1690688)
I hope you meant Projectors, as Xenon and HID are the same thing.

That's what I meant, thanks for that :)

While you are right in what you explained, I have to stand on what I said - a H4 HID without a projector will scatter light because of the reflector (compared to it getting focused by a projector). While on highway drives, I have been blinded several times over by modern cars that have HID without projectors- and that's why I'm against such a setup. Am sure there would be others in the forum who would concur...