Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2010, 09:08   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

NKR,

If you are in cochin you can try emperor. They are good. I got mine installed there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKR View Post
Thanks a lot. After going through your valuable advice and the site and also speaking to others I have decided to install Xenons for the low beams and change the halogens to better ones made by philips on the high beams. by the way could you please give me some contact number of the installers before i take the final plunge..Thanks and regs
Old 27th April 2010, 12:48   #107
NKR
BHPian

Thanks to Naveen Raju

Dear Mr Naveen Raju,

Thanks I shall get in touch with Emperor for further details and fitment

Regs Nirmal
Old 27th April 2010, 15:11   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
the only thing in the entire kit that is not water proof is the Relay
Actually this is the weakest link. I was using a Chinese make HID kit on my Innova since 2007. About a month back the lights started acting funny and while we were driving down from our home town - this relay thing started fire. We were lucky since I smelled the burn very early (nearly always use the A/C in fresh air mode) and we could put out the fire using a fire extinguisher (a must in every car). The fire was pretty intense and few minutes delay could have meant disaster.

Since then I'm really wary of these chinese make after market fitments. Have reverted the Innova back to original lights and everything works like a charm now (as if nothing had happened.). In fact we drove off after a 30 mins delay of this fire incident much to the disappointment of on-lookers who had gathered to see something spectacular
Old 27th April 2010, 16:55   #109
BHPian

A pic of Panasonic H4 6000k on my getz.

Best Xenon HID conversion kit-p2264289.jpg
Old 28th April 2010, 23:12   #110
BHPian

hey looking awesome, did u speak to that guy for projectors?? u getting hid's in the fogs as well?
Old 29th April 2010, 12:22   #111
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKR View Post
Thanks a lot. After going through your valuable advice and the site and also speaking to others I have decided to install Xenons for the low beams and change the halogens to better ones made by philips on the high beams. by the way could you please give me some contact number of the installers before i take the final plunge..Thanks and regs
Are dual - Halogen + HID lamps available in India? If so sources thereof.
Old 16th July 2011, 01:30   #112

Re: Best Xenon HID conversion kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The problem is that LEDs are wired up for 12V. When your car is running the voltage is 14.4V. In the long run it will kill your bulbs
The solution is to put a small resister in series(maybe 1 ohm will do). Its basically hit and trial, you want 12V at LED terminals even when your alternator is giving 14.4V
may be a 12V voltage regulator IC 7812 would also do the job by giving constant 12V
Old 16th July 2011, 11:48   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Are dual - Halogen + HID lamps available in India? If so sources thereof.
I recall that a co called numak in cochin had them on sale, but the problem was that the xenons outlasted the filaments, so soon once your filaments fused, you were left with a semi functional kit.
The best way is that if you have an HL assembly like your civic, use a xeon for the low beam and halogen for the high
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 12:01   #114
BHPian

Hi
Can anyone suggest me the best bulbs for my Swift VDI and i prefer to have a 130/100 wattage as interstate driving is high and yes will be on low beam in the cities with dealer and cost in Chennai
(1) Philips xtreme vision
(2) Osram nightbreaker +
Old 20th July 2011, 12:09   #115
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by veekreta View Post
may be a 12V voltage regulator IC 7812 would also do the job by giving constant 12V
The standard 7812 is only 1A. There are 5A versions. One problem with these is that the spike of ignition for the discharge may blow them up. Also, whether the voltage drop across them will be adequate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I recall that a co called numak in cochin had them on sale, but the problem was that the xenons outlasted the filaments, so soon once your filaments fused, you were left with a semi functional kit.
The best way is that if you have an HL assembly like your civic, use a xeon for the low beam and halogen for the high
Agreed. I will now look for 2700K HIDs. I quite like the yellowing light. I have seen these and electronic power packs on eBay (Import) for about Rs.3.3k for a pair.
Old 20th July 2011, 12:24   #116
BHPian

Most of the aftermarket HID bulbs are longer than the OEM halogens, this plays havoc with the reflector optics, and the light spread/beam is affected.

You do get a lot of light spread, at the cost of focus/beam.

For BiXenon HID's, i have seen most users using Low Beam frequently to overcome this problem.
Old 22nd July 2011, 15:57   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
A pic of Panasonic H4 6000k on my getz.

Attachment 338902
Hey, There seems to difference between the left and right bulb's kelvins.
Old 22nd July 2011, 16:01   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Also the HALOGEN is not really of any use. Those kits are made for BIKE's generally.
Old 23rd July 2011, 07:13   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Hey, There seems to difference between the left and right bulb's kelvins.
Im thinking its because of the photo.Will check and see properly.
Old 23rd July 2011, 16:04   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Im thinking its because of the photo.Will check and see properly.
Please do, Most of the times these kits are imported in parts, Bulbs,Ballasts and relays are ordered separately and the boxed, sticker'd and sold here. Hence the same kit is named differently but the product is the same. Honestly never seen Panasonic make HID's anyways just make sure the kelvins are same, Else they shift color with time and the difference will be further visible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks