Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2009, 12:03   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvarunagarwal View Post
Hi Sanjeev,

I also visited the website after reading about it in the forum and also got interested in the same number plate sensor due to the same reason as mentioned by you.

I sent them a product query inquiry from their website and got e-mail regarding their distributor details in Delhi. He also called me up and invited me to visit his showroom and get it installed then and there only. He said that number plate sensor covers an area in the angle range of 120 degrees (same as that for reverse camera). But I am not sure will it be able to help me judge the corners of bumper. I am planning to go there and check it out as well as other products. You can contact him at:

Mr.Arun Thakur,
M/s Rajatdeep Overseas Pvt. Ltd.
179A- LIG, Yellow Appt.
Rajouri Garden, New Delhi-110027
Ph - 9310376144

Any body with any experience regarding blackcat sensor system? The dealer is giving it to me at half price of R.D. sensor and painting over them to match bumper colour at no extra cost. (That is the reason I am getting double minded and favouring Blackcat).
Hi Drvarunagarwal,

Thanks for the information, from the angle of 120 degree, the coverage should be good, but lets see the product personally, i contacted him after seeing your post, he had given me the number of Mumbai dealer.

I contacted Mumbai Dealer, he told me that he can give a demo, i am planning to visit the dealer tomorrow, i will update on the product after visiting.

Regarding the Electromagnetic Parking Sensors, as far as i have enquired they are not available in India, it is an interesting product as you dont have to drill holes in your bumpers, if you get any information about them please do share with us, till that time i will check out the Number Plate parking sensors tomorrow.

regards,
Sanjeev

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 1st May 2009 at 12:05.
Old 1st May 2009, 20:57   #197
BHPian

when i purchased my car nearly 2 years back i wanted to install the reverse sensors but because of the need to drill holes in the bumper switched over to a reverse camera with lcd rearview mirror
options to install the reverse camera were
1.bumper-not for it cause of need to dill a hole
2.inside the rear glass -view not adequate cant see the area below the boot of the car
3.selected an area just above the rear number plate with the camera tilted slightly downwards-gives a very good view with coverage of area almost upto rear bumper.you can also connect it to a double din player with av input. in my car i can see the camera input both on the lcd rearview screen and my jvc double din player. the display switches on automatically as soon as you engage reverse gear
another advantage of the lcd screen is it has 2 av inputs so if you connect it to your mp3 or vcd /dvd player you can see the list of songs or watch movies on it
total cost of reverse camera with colour display lcd mirror and fitting was rs 6,000/-
-pic below hole was drilled on under surface of overhang above the number plate
Attached Thumbnails
The reversing camera & parking sensor thread-i108232.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 1st May 2009, 20:59   #198
BHPian

Is that a secure location, dockap? Can't tell from the photo. Can it be easily unscrewed?
Old 1st May 2009, 21:06   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
Is that a secure location, dockap? Can't tell from the photo. Can it be easily unscrewed?
very secure been using it for almost 2 years
the camera is fixed tight dosent budge only way to remove it is to open the boot and unscrew it from inside the boot

one more thing if you are going for camera get one with nightvision should cost around rs 1,500/-
Old 1st May 2009, 22:25   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
very secure been using it for almost 2 years
the camera is fixed tight dosent budge only way to remove it is to open the boot and unscrew it from inside the boot

one more thing if you are going for camera get one with nightvision should cost around rs 1,500/-

But this way don'y you have to put a hole in your boot lid? If yes then doesn't it defeat the purpose of not having holes in the bumper?
Old 2nd May 2009, 01:41   #201
BHPian

the hole is not on the boot lid its on the under surface of the overhang above the numberplate in between the 2 lights illuminating the number plate and its very small compared to the one you have to make in the bumper cause its only for the screw holding the camera and not the camera itself
Old 3rd May 2009, 12:18   #202
BHPian

Stick-On Sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Hi Drvarunagarwal,

Regarding the Electromagnetic Parking Sensors, as far as i have enquired they are not available in India, it is an interesting product as you dont have to drill holes in your bumpers, if you get any information about them please do share with us, till that time i will check out the Number Plate parking sensors tomorrow.

regards,
Sanjeev
@Sanjeev, the technology sounds cool. I am not sure drilling holes is a unique thing. RD dealer told me they already have the product with stickon sensors (that do not require drilling holes). They stick those on bumpers with the help of some 3M adhesive.

Prateekool
Old 3rd May 2009, 13:07   #203
Senior - BHPian

Where or how would they route the signal wires?
Old 3rd May 2009, 15:15   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekool View Post
@Sanjeev, the technology sounds cool. I am not sure drilling holes is a unique thing. RD dealer told me they already have the product with stickon sensors (that do not require drilling holes). They stick those on bumpers with the help of some 3M adhesive.

Prateekool
@Prateekool,

Thanks for the info buddy, i had contacted the Manager for Mumbai, he will be coming to demonstrate the stick on sensors tomorrow at my office.

I didnt knew that, the stick on sensors are for bumpers also, as he told me that these can be sticked on to the number plate, I will update once he comes for a demonstration.

@Immortalz,

Those sensors must be wireless, as without drilling the holes in bumpers they cannot route the wires, somewhere or the other i had heard of the Wireless parking sensors, if anyone has some info, request them to share with us.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 3rd May 2009 at 15:18.
Old 3rd May 2009, 22:52   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
@Prateekool,
somewhere or the other i had heard of the Wireless parking sensors, if anyone has some info, request them to share with us.
Please Check out rediff online shooping site for wireless sensors. I am also enclosing the link to it.

Site: WIRELESS CAR PARKING SENSORS WORLDS LATEST PRODUCT gifts in india at rediff shopping.

Kindly update about R.D.parking sensors when you check them out as soon as possible. I am awaiting your views regarding those as I am also interested in those.

Does anyone has any experience with Blackcat parking sensors or their other products?
Old 4th May 2009, 11:13   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvarunagarwal View Post
Please Check out rediff online shooping site for wireless sensors. I am also enclosing the link to it.

Site: WIRELESS CAR PARKING SENSORS WORLDS LATEST PRODUCT gifts in india at rediff shopping.

Kindly update about R.D.parking sensors when you check them out as soon as possible. I am awaiting your views regarding those as I am also interested in those.

Does anyone has any experience with Blackcat parking sensors or their other products?
@drvarunagarwal,

Here is some information on the Blackcat parking sensors on this link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...report-14.html (Maruti SX4 Zxi - 2200 Kms report)

For the Wireless Parking sensors, the link which you have mentioned, seems to be a good product, but there is no mention of the Number of Parking sensors are they 2 or 4, nothing is mentioned, may be calling up the rediff customer care to have more information.

Regarding the stickon sensors, the guy came to demonstrate the same at my office around 09:30 am today, the details are mentioned below:

1. 2 sensors which can be sticked on the Number Plate.
2. Priced at Rs. 2600/-
3. Voice Assisted Warnings when the distance between the bumper & the object is around 1.2 to 1 mtrs.

As per my understanding mentioining here are the +ves & -ves:

+ves:

1. No Holes in the bumpers.
2. Convenient & Easy to install.
3. Voice Assisted Warnnings, as well as display of distance in the IRVM.

-ves:

1. The sensors are stick ons, they can be taken off easily if somebody wants, Invitation for the thiefs who are tech savvy
2. No clarity on the area covered for the sensors, the guy was telling it is 35 degrees when it starts, this cant be categorised as -ves but since i dont have much knowledge about it i had put it into -ves, request the experts to please comment on that.

@Prateekool,

I asked the guy, for the stick on's there are only 2 sensors which can only be sticked on to number plates, they have no product which can be stucked on to the bumpers & has 4 sensors, the other products are there with 4 & 6 Sensors which needs to be drilled in the Bumper.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 4th May 2009 at 11:26.
Old 5th May 2009, 15:32   #207
BHPian

New Reverse Sensor & Camera for Safari

Hi People...

I have been following this thread since some days and finally I bought Red Soul reverse sensors and camera last weekend. By what many BHPians explained, it appeared that the best choice is to have both sensors and camera for a high back, low visibility vehicle like Safari. Here is my first impression and review of it.

The Hardware: 3 Reverse Sensors (Actually it comes in a set of 4, but on Safari bumper you can only install 3), 1 Night Vision Camera, 7" LCD Screen.
Make: Red Soul
Features: Displayes distance from nearest object. Has voice assist system, Gives beep when the object is near. The camera clarity is decent.

Overall I feel its a good package. It is helping me a lot to reverse my Safari and help in parking.

Following are the shortfalls:
The LCD screen acts as RVM and sits on the original RVM. At night the vision in this RVM is severely affected. If there any any vehicle without headlight, you would not see it on the RVM. And if it is raining, as it was here in Bangalore yesterday, you would've had it. I had to manage with the left and right side RVMs.
Also, sometimes the voice assist system detects the object, but the distance is not shown. This may not be a problem per say, but may be I need to get used to the thing.

Has anyone else faced similar issues (esp. Safari owners)? If so how did you rectify it? I am thinkikng of having a on-dash LCD rather than RVM type. Whats your suggession?
Old 5th May 2009, 17:19   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTviN View Post
Hi People...

I have been following this thread since some days and finally I bought Red Soul reverse sensors and camera last weekend. By what many BHPians explained, it appeared that the best choice is to have both sensors and camera for a high back, low visibility vehicle like Safari. Here is my first impression and review of it.

The Hardware: 3 Reverse Sensors (Actually it comes in a set of 4, but on Safari bumper you can only install 3), 1 Night Vision Camera, 7" LCD Screen.
Make: Red Soul
Features: Displayes distance from nearest object. Has voice assist system, Gives beep when the object is near. The camera clarity is decent.

Overall I feel its a good package. It is helping me a lot to reverse my Safari and help in parking.

Following are the shortfalls:
The LCD screen acts as RVM and sits on the original RVM. At night the vision in this RVM is severely affected. If there any any vehicle without headlight, you would not see it on the RVM. And if it is raining, as it was here in Bangalore yesterday, you would've had it. I had to manage with the left and right side RVMs.
Also, sometimes the voice assist system detects the object, but the distance is not shown. This may not be a problem per say, but may be I need to get used to the thing.

Has anyone else faced similar issues (esp. Safari owners)? If so how did you rectify it? I am thinkikng of having a on-dash LCD rather than RVM type. Whats your suggession?
Congrats NiTviN,

Can you share the price of the package, also what did you do with the 4th sensor ?, have they reduced the cost of that sensor from the package or it is lying with you.
Old 5th May 2009, 19:31   #209
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTviN View Post
I am thinkikng of having a on-dash LCD rather than RVM type. Whats your suggession?
If they are ready to change it for you, you can always go for the on dash variety, but that could be a lot smaller than the mirror type. The one on dash I saw here was only 3.5 inch in size.

The mirror type I have is quite heavy and in bad roads it changes position and so it is a nuisance.

The vision deficiency is there especially in the night. I have not had much of a chance to see it at night, though, yet.
Old 5th May 2009, 21:12   #210
BHPian

Something I've never understood-- can the range of these parking sensors be easily adjusted? Parking in my colony can be VERY tight and if the sensors beeped as soon as there was an object within say 10 cm, they'd be useless to me... I'd need them at around 2 or max 3 cm range!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks