Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2006, 11:43   #61
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm...insulation tape? How much pressure can that hold? That sharp bend in the pipe can't be good for flow either.

Sad to say that this poor customer spent a lot of money on what is finally just a "cosmetic" mod (if you can call it that).

This is a great thing about T-bhp...we seperate the good from the bad. Hope it saves a few people from wasting their hard earned money.
Old 9th September 2006, 11:53   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Hmmm...insulation tape? How much pressure can that hold? That sharp bend in the pipe can't be good for flow either.

Sad to say that this poor customer spent a lot of money on what is finally just a "cosmetic" mod (if you can call it that).

This is a great thing about T-bhp...we seperate the good from the bad. Hope it saves a few people from wasting their hard earned money.
Hey, Didn't a few of us post this up much earlier .... He probably has the worst reputation in the so called tuning community in Delhi !! And why he manages getting cars to work upon coz he deals with kids that have no clue about things , have dad giving them a free hand with cash flow, he is very convincing , they have read of turbos- NOS - free flow and want it !!!

Well , thanx raghava for taking so much time out ..... I wudn't have specially knowing the case allready .

Cheers

PS -- From your posts it seems that you didnt meet him personally ...... maybe you shudn't have posted that you were headed to his workshop .... u warned him ..lol

Last edited by khaadu75 : 9th September 2006 at 11:54.
Old 9th September 2006, 13:39   #63
Senior - BHPian

@Psycho: Clearly, the pics show different installs;

a) Headers are different designs AND make. The exhaust kit in the lancer shown by iraghava has restrictive design. At least by the look of it. Intake plumbing same design.

b) Obviously different wiring. No ignition mods in sight.

Also, the manifold isn't chromed, as you suspect. Just looks polished.

The injector wiring/connectors seem stock. Which means stock injectors.

BTW, can anybody put up the A/R ratios for this turbo? By the looks of it, the turbo seems way too mismatched for this setup (perhaps 0.65 or higher). Of course, I'm simply judging by the setup shown in the pics. Could be wrong too.
Old 9th September 2006, 13:48   #64
Senior - BHPian

As Khaadu has mentioned the person himself was not present and despite promises of him coming in 10 mins he didn't turn up for about 45 mins. for which we were there. And his second point is also right the owner was there & though he wasn't a kid he had no clue about what mods had been done, what power it was putting out and how it drove! Simply because the car was not yet ready & so couldn't be driven by me. Even if the car was ready i seriously doubt he would have given somebody like me a TD.

After seeing the work & the expertise on hand in his workshop I have serious doubts about how long this car is going to last.
Old 9th September 2006, 20:38   #65
BHPian

If you look closely even the filter positioning, the batteries are also different

Deepu
Old 9th September 2006, 23:09   #66
aZa
Senior - BHPian

The car in the picture already had intake charger, Voltage stablizer and a few other gizmos that had to be taken off for the turbo installation. We were told that all the goodies would be back once the installation is done. So thats why no Red wires and all
Old 10th September 2006, 07:13   #67
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mods

Iraghava - thanks for actually going out there to take pics and verify facts for all of us. Fact finding as opposed to mere commenting seperates the men from the boys!
Old 10th September 2006, 13:45   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Note from Mods
Fact finding as opposed to mere commenting seperates the men from the boys!
and someone out here keeps telling me what seperates is the size of their toys ..

now i'm confused.

he he

Last edited by F50 : 10th September 2006 at 15:40.
Old 10th September 2006, 20:40   #69
BHPian

edit...

IIRC, last year 3 cars were stopped and impounded for racing on the Expressway - apparently they were regulars in illegal racing in G Noida - (for extra funnies : an Esteem and a Lancer...and hang on to your hats - a Safari...... I wonder who was the misguided soul deciding to race an Esteem or a Lancer in a Safari)...anyway one of the names that cropped up was a certain gentleman who I think is the owner of Hyperrrfrrrrmance......

So at least they do their part in promoting motorsport...illegal though...

I haven't seen their work in person but going by their cred in here and their advertisments which have the opposite effect intended, I'd never go to them to get any work done.

Last edited by zaphod : 10th September 2006 at 20:45.
Old 10th September 2006, 20:42   #70
BHPian

How much will it cost to have a Lancer hooked with all the engine mods available, which includes a Turbo charger, intercoolers, etc etc etc all the electronics that is required to run the whole setup and so.
Old 10th September 2006, 21:52   #71
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod
edit...

IIRC, last year 3 cars were stopped and impounded for racing on the Expressway - apparently they were regulars in illegal racing in G Noida - (for extra funnies : an Esteem and a Lancer...and hang on to your hats - a Safari...... I wonder who was the misguided soul deciding to race an Esteem or a Lancer in a Safari)...anyway one of the names that cropped up was a certain gentleman who I think is the owner of Hyperrrfrrrrmance......

So at least they do their part in promoting motorsport...illegal though...

I haven't seen their work in person but going by their cred in here and their advertisments which have the opposite effect intended, I'd never go to them to get any work done.
Yes i remember this news ... Apparently the safari was bookies car the one who was taking bets. They would send the Safari over the expressway to check if Cops or patrol cars were around. Safari i dont think was racing and as far as i remember 20 odd cars were caught most of them escaped. Illegal racing/drags scene is hot in Noida and G.Noida.

Last edited by aZa : 10th September 2006 at 21:54.
Old 10th September 2006, 22:24   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmon_bro
How much will it cost to have a Lancer hooked with all the engine mods available, which includes a Turbo charger, intercoolers, etc etc etc all the electronics that is required to run the whole setup and so.
Depending on what you want to spend?
Quite literally the sky is NOT the limit here and is very easy to go overboard.
for a low pressure setup, I think somewhere upto 2 lakhs for everything and a professional install.
But honestly the 4G15 is a crap motor..it is prehistoric..really.
Do an engine swap (4G92) or maybe the FTO's 2 Litre Mivec v6 (6A12)..good for 200bhp at the crank..stock and no problem with overboost, melting pistons..etc..and the cost will be about the same..more or less..
Old 9th November 2006, 03:26   #73
BHPian

Dont believe

Man I know how does this guy works and he really screw up the things.....Most of the time he's not available in his own workshop or he dont have time pick up his phone to answer any call as he thinks he's very smart and intelligent.....but everyone knows what actually he is who have done a deal with him. He talks lot about the guy in gurgaon but will somebody go and ask him, is his designs fresh or stolen and does he knows How exactly work is carried on?
Old 24th November 2006, 16:51   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlover84 View Post
He talks lot about the guy in gurgaon but will somebody go and ask him, is his designs fresh or stolen and does he knows How exactly work is carried on?

Wat Gurgaon guy are you talking about CarLover Autopsyche? And what does Nivit talk about him?
Old 25th November 2006, 21:59   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Wat Gurgaon guy are you talking about CarLover Autopsyche? And what does Nivit talk about him?
Hey, maybe he refers to Autopsyche as his ' MENTOR ' ... or then maybe he says that he is Autopsyches mentor ...

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks