Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2019, 19:09   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Ceramic Coating Thread

I’m purchasing two cars this month one is black and other is navy blue. I’m very concerned about swirl marks. Do ceramic coats actually work to protect against this menace ?

I have a black car already and even though it washed with microfibre only, it yet gets swirls somehow!
I also had PPF on this car but removed it after 3 years as it was getting yellow. While it did not show as much on a black car, it did seems like the paint was dull. Also the ppf developed swirls and those aren’t as easy to correct as normal paint swirls.
I guess the newer self healing ppfs will resolve this issue but do they also help resolve the yellowing issue? If so which brand of ppf is best for this?
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 08:49   #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I guess the newer self healing ppfs will resolve this issue but do they also help resolve the yellowing issue? If so which brand of ppf is best for this?
Avery Denisson is the best, 3M isnt as good but there are fewer AD dealers than 3M.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th December 2019 at 09:49. Reason: Corrected quote tags. Please quote only relevant bits you're responding to.
Old 10th December 2019, 15:17   #273
BHPian

I am planning to get my Seltos ceramic coated. We have detailing devils here in jallandhar and 3m in ludhiana. DD quotes Rs 3000 less with 3 years warranty. 3M, I know is a big name, wanted to know how is DD. Are they any good. There are positive reviews for them online. But someone who got it done by them, please guide.
gkg2423 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 09:09   #274

Quote:
I知 purchasing two cars this month one is black and other is navy blue. I知 very concerned about swirl marks. Do ceramic coats actually work to protect against this menace ?

I have a black car already and even though it washed with microfibre only, it yet gets swirls somehow!
I also had PPF on this car but removed it after 3 years as it was getting yellow. While it did not show as much on a black car, it did seems like the paint was dull. Also the ppf developed swirls and those aren稚 as easy to correct as normal paint swirls.
I have Mediterranean Blue color, over which i got the ceramic done, and Self Healing PPF ( Newly Launched GARWARE ) only on bumpers, Handle, door corners and ORVMs. The new range of self healing ppf from AD and Garware and now 3m also has that variant 900+taxes psf warranties against yellowing and swirl marks, unless you damage the surface of the film completely.
maddylaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 11:59   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddylaw View Post
I have Mediterranean Blue color, over which i got the ceramic done, and Self Healing PPF ( Newly Launched GARWARE ) only on bumpers, Handle, door corners and ORVMs. The new range of self healing ppf from AD and Garware and now 3m also has that variant 900+taxes psf warranties against yellowing and swirl marks, unless you damage the surface of the film completely.
How much is the garware film per sq ft?
Old 7th January 2020, 12:32   #276
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I知 purchasing two cars this month one is black and other is navy blue. I知 very concerned about swirl marks. Do ceramic coats actually work to protect against this menace ?
=====
Ceramic for what they offer and at the cost, I would say is NOT something that will work for our Indian cycle. Unless you are someone or has access to someone who will maintain the car like own baby.

From that perspective, PPF is any day better, though even more costly. I have seen good results from 3M's new series of self-healing ones as well as from Feyn Lab ones here in BLR. But i guess there are many players now in every city and 3M definitely would be available in Mumbai also. With regards to yellowing, i guess that is bound to happen over a period of time due to the very nature of PPF.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 13:08   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkg2423 View Post
I am planning to get my Seltos ceramic coated. We have detailing devils here in jallandhar and 3m in ludhiana. DD quotes Rs 3000 less with 3 years warranty. 3M, I know is a big name, wanted to know how is DD. Are they any good. There are positive reviews for them online. But someone who got it done by them, please guide.
I got my Duster ceramic coated in October at a bargain price. Till now I am very satisfied. The washing guy washes it once a week with microfiber and clean water and for the other days I use Jopasu. That's all it needs. Also I make sure that bird droppings are taken care of as soon as I see one. Car stays in the open on the road and there is construction around. Haven't seen any swirls yet, touchwood.

I even had a couple of eunuchs yesterday who took money from me as good luck for a new car and didnot believe it was new. I was so happy with their endorsement, I happily paid them after some bargain ofcourse

The Ceramic Coating Thread-img_20191231_17080101.jpg

The car, 3 months post ceramic coating.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 7th January 2020 at 13:15.
Altocumulus is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 14:11   #278

Quote:
How much is the garware film per sq ft?
600+ something, cheaper than 3M 900+ price!!
maddylaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 14:18   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I got my Duster ceramic coated in October at a bargain price.
Wow that looks nice. Where did you get this done from, and at what price?
Old 7th January 2020, 21:47   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I got my Duster ceramic coated in October at a bargain price. Till now I am very satisfied.
I got my Car coated from Detailing Devils. For 3 yrs pack the price mentioned was 30K and 5 yrs 35K. After discount I got 5 yrs at 26k. He said 5yrs coating uses liquid that has more scratch resistant properties. Quite happy with the shine. I hope it actually works for 5 years. Lets see. My car will be covered most of the time so it should work even more than 5.
gkg2423 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 12:19   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Wow that looks nice. Where did you get this done from, and at what price?
I got it done from Nano Pro in Delhi. This is 3 years coating with touchups and detailing every year for 14k. Actual price is 20k but they were running a 30% discount.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 12:39   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I知 very concerned about swirl marks. Do ceramic coats actually work to protect against this menace ?
Swirl marks are created mostly due to the washing process, dirt and dust as well at times (eg. wind blowing larger dust particles). If you can revise / control your washing process, you can reduce the swirls, but not eliminate it 100%. That said, nothing is as satisfactory to see as a ceramic coated car - the level of gloss is not achieved by anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Ceramic for what they offer and at the cost, I would say is NOT something that will work for our Indian cycle. Unless you are someone or has access to someone who will maintain the car like own baby.
True. I got a ceramic done on my Abarth and I'm not happy with it - a lot depends on the way its applied, the preparatory work and maintenance. Yes, it was initially washed by the cleaning guy, but since a while now, I do the cleaning myself when needed - max 2-3 times a week. Maybe a more expensive one or a better detailer could have been a different story.

Self healing PPFs are a good alternative, but cost a bomb. With prices varying from 500-900 bucks per sq. ft., I would never even consider them on a car costing less than 50L at the minimum. Doing partial PPF, would be a good compromise - bumpers, boot and doors upto window line should take care of most contacts.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 09:47   #283
BHPian

Ceramic Coating advise required

Dear Folks,

I have purchased a Ciaz Alpha Petrol in December. I stay in an area which is very dusty and hence the show room guys as well as a few friends suggested that I go for a ceramic coating for my car. As per their advise, this should save the car from any scratches whatsoever. Now, my questions are

1. Is ceramic coating really that good. I have gone around and enquired with a few guys who do the stuff. The problem is that almost each one of them has quoted a different price and each one uses a different brand. The prices have been as variable as 18000 rs for a 5 year warranty with one maintenance coat a year to 54000 rs for the same spec. Should I go for it and if so, which brand is good? Can someone from Kochi or Kottayam suggest me a good place / contact to get this done?

2. Ceramic coating guys claim that the paint is protected from any kind of scratch. At the same time, they say that if the car is not wiped properly with a microfibre cloth, it is bound to get scratched even if it is ceramic coated. What is the truth in the 9H hardness then...

Is it really worth, or can someone suggest me an alternative to save my car from particular dust and retain my paint quality..

Thanks in advance.
Old 16th January 2020, 14:17   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

I think that 9h hardness is a nonsense created by the car coating industry.

Any car in my area will be coated in thick dust daily, due to several years of road digging. That's powdered grit/soil. Could even call it powdered rock! Ceramic coating is harder than that? I'm cynical.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 00:58   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddylaw View Post
Can you please share the contact of where you got this done? I'm unable to find dealers who have the Garware film, and the press releases say it's only going into production from March 2020.

Most Viewed

Copyright ゥ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks