Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2018, 11:44   #181
BHPian

re: The Ceramic Coating Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
If it is just a 10 k difference maybe it is worthwhile. Negotiate a little more and take the plunge on professional.

You can easily postpone the under body coatings by 6 months if required. It is not a must have for Bangalore, unlike the coastal cities.

PPF is required from day one in Bangalore.
The underbody coat is only 6-7k compared to the rest, 3M have given an approx quote of 60k for the bumpers, door edges & the OVRMs, they said they'll give a freebie coat for the headlights. Apparently the bumpers are quite expensive since they have to heat up and mould the film across it, which takes time, effort & precision.
Old 4th August 2018, 22:41   #182
BANNED

Guys, Needed a small input.
What is the actual difference between Ultimate Detailerz and Ceramic Pro ?
What accordingly is better ?
Planning to get the ceramic coating done for friend's Kodiaq.
Old 6th August 2018, 23:17   #183
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhasManjunath View Post
Guys, Needed a small input.
What is the actual difference between Ultimate Detailerz and Ceramic Pro ?
What accordingly is better ?
Planning to get the ceramic coating done for friend's Kodiaq.
Ceramic Pro is a big conglomerate. They basically have their own products and sell their own brand.

From what I found the prices are very high and they spend a lot on marketing and showroom.

On the other hand Ultimate is a store set up by a BHPian mkh. he has 2 branches and one main centre where he works out of in CV Raman nagar. They mainly use Carpro UK products.

Personal choice would be to go with someone like Ultimate vs Ceramic Pro.

That said there are others as well namely Keystone, Feynlab, Modesta. All have their own pros and cons.

It's your personal choice.
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 10:14   #184
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Need some recommendations for getting a ceramic coat done for my new skoda Rapid here in Mumbai.

Preferably around the suburbs (bandra to Goregaon/Malad). - however this is not a must, don't mind traveling a bit far also.
Old 8th August 2018, 11:08   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
I got my car treated with Ceramic Pro. It has been exactly a year now and it has held off well. The paint still is very glossy and water still runs off well. It is really easy to get the dust of with a Jopasu.

I do use Ceramic Pro Sport every 3 months. It is an after coat maintenance product. Very good in my opinion.
Leaving the car dirty and washing it one in a while is better than using these dusters, they create a lot of micro scratches. Never wipe a car without washing it.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 11:18   #186
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Ceramic Pro is a big conglomerate. They basically have their own products and sell their own brand.

From what I found the prices are very high and they spend a lot on marketing and showroom.

On the other hand Ultimate is a store set up by a BHPian mkh. he has 2 branches and one main centre where he works out of in CV Raman nagar. They mainly use Carpro UK products.

Personal choice would be to go with someone like Ultimate vs Ceramic Pro.

That said there are others as well namely Keystone, Feynlab, Modesta. All have their own pros and cons.

It's your personal choice.
Yes , we did visit the Ceramic Pro and Ultimate Detailerz stores. As you said Ceramic Pro is just a conglomerate and we pretty much walked out unsatisfied. Unfortunately we couldn't go to mhk's store in CV raman nagar as my friend wanted a store nearby. But I did get in touch with mhk over the phone. Later, We visited Ultimate's store near yelahanka and we were ok with their quotation and the service they offered . My friend is looking to get it done soon after this month as he needs the car commute during the rain .

Yes , I shall also ask him to look out at other brands and then finalise.
Old 8th August 2018, 13:00   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod's why don't we make life easier and create a poll here?

There are a lot of conflicting reports about Ceramic coating and people like me who are on the fence would like to have a clear consensus from people that have tried it.
Sahil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 18:28   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
There are a lot of conflicting reports about Ceramic coating and people like me who are on the fence would like to have a clear consensus from people that have tried it.
Let me give my 2 cents on what to expect from getting a ceramic coating on your car.

1. Ease of washing.

The main reason our cars get swirled and looks dull is because we outsource the washing to the watchman or the apartment washing guy since we are too lazy.

Well, the most difficult part of washing your car by yourself is to dry it after washing. If we dont dry the car properly, it will leave water spots on your paint and glass especially when using bore well water. If we try wiping too hard to get the paint dry, it will induce swirls (much like the watchman).

Ceramic coatings give a hydrophobic effect and drying the car with an MF towel is very easy and takes less time. So it reduces swirls as well as water spots.

2. Protection from bird poop.

Bird poop is one common element which can destroy the clear coat by etching and with a ceramic coating, your paint is protected from etching.

3. Plastic claddings especially in SUVs remain black and do not fade quickly. Eliminates need to apply dressings periodically to make them look black

4. Driving in rain is far more comfortable with a coated windshield.

Rest of the marketing gimmicks we nowadays see in ads like scratch proof, fire proof and self cleaning properties are just that, gimmicks.

So to conclude, I would say if you are someone who love your car, likes to keep it in the best looking condition and spends time to maintain it, a ceramic coating will make it easier and save much of your time. But it is no way a magic potion to keep your car scratch proof.

Last edited by GTO : 30th August 2018 at 08:09. Reason: STRICTLY no mention of your business on Team-BHP. No marketing
xander is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 09:11   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
Let me give my 2 cents on what to expect from getting a ceramic coating on your car......

So to conclude, I would say if you are someone who love your car, likes to keep it in the best looking condition and spends time to maintain it, a ceramic coating will make it easier and save much of your time. But it is no way a magic potion to keep your car scratch proof.
Pretty much summarise the same points

https://avalonking.com/the-truth-abo...amic-coatings/

Myth1: Coatings are Scratch Proof
Myth2: Coatings Don’t Require Maintenance
Myth3: Coatings are Permanent
Myth4: They’re really easy to Apply
Myth5: Coatings provide more gloss than sealants and waxes
Surprise is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 14:26   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

On the plus side, the article mentions the realistic advantages of these coatings, which are very attractive.

We have to put aside the myths, and decide if what remains is worth the cost. I think that a lot of people will decide that it is, especially if they are trying to make the brand-new look last a couple of years longer.
Old 28th August 2018, 14:51   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
I am a detailer and have been doing ceramic coatings for a while now.

But it is no way a magic potion to keep your car scratch proof.
Where is your detailing studio based out of Xander? Thrissur?

Doesn't the coat prevent to a huge extent the scratches that can happen to the paint because of the layering?
Old 28th August 2018, 15:45   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Everything can be scratched by something harder. We have to wait for development of liquid diamond!

But there is one self-healing coating. I've forget the name, but I think it was developed by one of the big names. Videos show it standing up to attack with a wire brush! Truly impressive! But it is applied, like an extra clear coat, by spraying, and requires all the equipment and skill of paint spraying. And, of course... The cost.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 16:11   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Everything can be scratched by something harder. We have to wait for development of liquid diamond!

But there is one self-healing coating. I've forget the name, but I think it was developed by one of the big names. Videos show it standing up to attack with a wire brush!
Interested in name of this coating. How self healing, a kind of technology where molecules can be re-arranged with some sort of energy.
Old 28th August 2018, 16:12   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Where is your detailing studio based out of Xander? Thrissur?

Doesn't the coat prevent to a huge extent the scratches that can happen to the paint because of the layering?
I've never met this person, but I've been following a page called Xander Zone and now I realise he's a TBHP-ian. I'm a sucker for nice detailing images and videos!

According to their Facebook page, these are their details:

Opp Devamatha School, Patturaikal
680005 Thrissur

099160 68682

https://www.facebook.com/xanderzonedetailing/
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 00:15   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Interested in name of this coating. How self healing, a kind of technology where molecules can be re-arranged with some sort of energy.
The one I remember might have been Opti-something? But it was a while back now, and Google suggests that there are several possibilities now.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks