Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2012, 14:21   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Windshield Experts (Fixing scratched / broken windshields / windscreens)

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Dont the windshield experts do the replacement and claim the insurance directly from the insurance company ?
Yes, if the company has a tie up with them. I got my front windscreen replaced twice from WE and both the times it was replaced under cashless process. i had insurance from ICICI and TATA AIG.
Old 5th September 2012, 14:27   #77
RAC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Dont the windshield experts do the replacement and claim the insurance directly from the insurance company ?
Yes they do and the cost of replacement is also lower by about 1500/- (approximate, since I have not yet received the final bill).

I chose to go to the service centre since the car has just crossed one year of ownership and it being a Skoda, did not want any hassles with the Skoda company later in case there are any issues. Just tyring to play is safe.

Ps: more important factor for this decision - wife did not have a second thought about giving it to the authorised service centre :-)
Old 5th September 2012, 17:02   #78
RAC
BHPian

Update:
The difference amount has increased. I was given a quote of 6500/6800 by WE and around 7800/8000 by Skoda workshop over the phone after discussion on discounts offered by competitor and private workshops. I was also given a warning about how competitors are cheating their customers and how those customers are now coming to this authorised workshop. And now, after the vehicle is inspected at the workshop and insurance claim is approved, the estimate amount has gone up by around 2000/-.

Direct increase in the cost of windshield. Other items like labour and sealent remain the same.
Old 5th September 2012, 19:50   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAC View Post
Yes they do and the cost of replacement is also lower by about 1500/- (approximate, since I have not yet received the final bill).
I got my cars front glass changed from windsheild for 960/- ( a year back ) and last week changed the rear glass for 1050/-.

Both under insurance

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 26th August 2013, 17:19   #80
BHPian

Any reviews about Windshield World's quality of work? I need to get my M800 windshield replaced and one of their branches is near to my house at HBR layout. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience dealing with them.

Prajwal
Old 30th September 2013, 13:01   #81
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

Any feedback on these guys? How good are AIS glasses as opposed to ones provided at service centers?

Cheers...
Old 30th September 2013, 16:58   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Hi all,

Any feedback on these guys? How good are AIS glasses as opposed to ones provided at service centers?

Cheers...
I had awesome experience, have used them twice already. And the AIS glass is the best you can get aftermarket, I guess they itself are oem supplier to various manufacturers.
Old 30th September 2013, 18:11   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How good are AIS glasses as opposed to ones provided at service centers?
Check the glass that's already on your car (i.e. what it came with when you bought it), chances are high that its AIS already.

In other words, the AIS glasses that Windshield Experts offer are the same that manufacturers use.

AIS is a renowned maker of glass, you can trust them (the way we trust the name of Bosch, etc.)
Old 1st October 2013, 10:25   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
I had awesome experience, have used them twice already. And the AIS glass is the best you can get aftermarket, I guess they itself are oem supplier to various manufacturers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
AIS is a renowned maker of glass, you can trust them (the way we trust the name of Bosch, etc.)
Thanks guys! I take it that the quality of glass is good. How about the workmanship though? How good are they at fitting?
Old 1st October 2013, 10:35   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks guys! I take it that the quality of glass is good. How about the workmanship though? How good are they at fitting?
Quite professional, I didn't faced any issues with them. They did all the work perfectly.
Old 14th November 2013, 18:33   #86
BHPian

In my ikon, the rubber beading lost its seal in one corner, some 3 - 4 inches towards down and sideways.

When checked with WE, Madiwala, they quoted Rs. 1800 for resealing the entire beading using the existing one only. Their charges they say are for labour and sealant.

Is the price quoted correct?

Interestingly, they suggested me to go for entire windshield replacement which will cost me Rs. 1500 and rest under insurance coverage. They conveniently forgot to mention that next year I will have to pay some 3000 rupees more during insurance renewal because of 50% loss in NCB.

When the car is washed, water from the roof rain channel run to this corner and finally inside the cabin. For now I have put in cello tape over the unsealed portion and it works fine without any water leaking into the cabin.
Old 21st November 2013, 00:47   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
Any reviews about Windshield World's quality of work? I need to get my M800 windshield replaced and one of their branches is near to my house at HBR layout. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience dealing with them. Prajwal
Recently changed my Jazz rear screen @ their Ulsoor shop, next to Lido. The guy Rajesh is quick with paperwork & general turn around ~3 hours. They struggled with cleanliness, tinkering, and made a mess of the rubber seal. I paid 4K at my local Bodyshop to remove the dents and repaint.
My take is if it is a simple replace, this is your guy. Anything which requires tinkering, painting, etc do it elsewhere and then come here.
Old 13th February 2014, 07:53   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAC View Post
Went to Windshield World, Basavangudi, Bangalore. They took a look at it and told that the crack cannot be repaired. The crack was only on the top layer of the windshield and could not be felt from inside the cabin.
They told that a chip can be repaired (without a crack in the glass), but if there is a crack, it will keep on spreading. They adviced me to change the windshield.

I have now registered insurance claim and sent the vehicle to the authorised service station for windshield replacemen
That pic of crack is very much repairable. Seems like they were not in mood to repair.

See proof:
http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine...icture/gallery

Last edited by aerohit : 13th February 2014 at 08:08.
Old 13th February 2014, 08:02   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

How do these guys repair a chip? I recently got one on my windscreen in BMW from a flying pebble. There is no crack and you cannot feel it from inside.
Old 13th February 2014, 13:36   #90
BHPian

Check this link-

http://www.windscreenrepairs.com.au/howitworks.html
http://www.xrwh.com/ufixit/chips.html
http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine...icture/gallery

I have a feeling Indian shops tend to encourage replacement rather than fix because it is better business for them.

Last edited by aerohit : 13th February 2014 at 13:38.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks