Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2015, 23:38   #106
BHPian

Re: Windshield Experts (Fixing scratched / broken windshields / windscreens)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaudf View Post
@carChef, I had a similar issue with my car windshield, a crack that was about an inch long. I too thought windshield experts could fix the crack and called to find out and they say cracks aren't repairable but chips and scratches can be sorted. I then went ahead and replaced the windshield with them itself as it turned out they were quoting lesser prices than the ASC folks. And they have good quality Asahi glass which is exactly the same as OE.
Give them a call and they'd give you a clear picture of everything. This is their nation wide toll free number: 1800-102-6364.
Good luck
Thanks msaudf. So had been busy with some stuff so could not get it fixed. I am planning to get it done next week.

Had one more question: Would the windshield experts also take care of the rain-sensors etc stuff that is embedded into the glass? Or do only ASS have the info?
Old 17th January 2015, 16:32   #107
BANNED

Hello guys,

As I was chugging along the highway at 40-45 kmph when a large stone from the lorry ahead came and hit the windscreen.

Following was the damage done:

Windshield Experts (Fixing scratched / broken windshields / windscreens)-20141007_160853.jpg

Any leads as to what can be done?

"Windshield experts" do not seem to be having a service centre here in Hyderabad.

I am not wanting to replace the windscreen, hence need help.

Thanks!
Old 17th January 2015, 20:19   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

"Windshield experts" do not seem to be having a service centre here in Hyderabad.

I am not wanting to replace the windscreen, hence need help.
In case you don't find any reliable local glass-wallah to fix it, you could always drive up to Pune or down to Bangalore and get it fixed there.
It will still be cheaper than replacing the windscreen.
Old 17th January 2015, 20:49   #109
BHPian

Replacing the windshield claiming insurance costs approx. Rs 1500/- (prices for windshield sealant, rubber gasket, rest is reimbursed under insurance). If you have already claimed insurance you can change the windshield.
Old 26th February 2015, 23:09   #110
BHPian

So last weekend while I was driving the Ecosport on the greater noida expressway a stone bounced off from another car's tyre and hit my windshield and caused a small chip/crack. I assumed it was just a chip and since wasn't bothering me a lot, I let it be. But, since the last two three days, I've noticed it seems to be expanding. Infact, this morning when I parked the car at my office parking (open parking) the crack was about an inch and by the time I came back it had increased to almost a foot.

If I have to guess, I'd say its cause is expansion because of the heat since the car was parked outside.

I'm going to have to get the glass replaced. Called the dealer and their quote is about 8k+tax while Windshield experts is quoting around 7100. My only concern since this is the first time I'm getting the windshield changed on any of my cars, is, will the fitting be as good as the original? And what about the quality of the glass?

Has anyone tried the Noida branch of Windshield experts? Or should I just go to Kailash colony since that seems to have generally good reviews?
Old 13th April 2015, 20:58   #111
BHPian

Driving on highway, my car wind shield gets hit by the small sand particles in particular, where sand lorry movement is on the higher side. In the end I’m left with lots of minute pits on my car’s wind shield. These pits will hamper night vision. I’m trying to find a solution, at least to protect the wind shield during the day time. I’m sure many are facing this.

My plan is to have a bottom half of the wind shield(out side) covered by a thin transparent poly carbonate sheet with Suction Cups. Use it during the day & remove it while raining or in the night. Later keeping it safely in the rear compartment.
Any ideas & safety issues if you have, please share it. Some proper solution will help in saving many expensive wind shields.

Sorry to be of topic. This thread seams to be the nearest for my posting. Thanks.
Old 28th April 2015, 20:40   #112
Senior - BHPian

Do they buff the wind shield to remove swirl marks and minor scratches ?
If yes then can someone please provide address of Windshield Experts outlet in Bangalore where this can be done ?

I asked at Windshield Experts shop at madiwala but they just do the replacements.
Old 28th November 2015, 10:10   #113
BHPian

Anybody knows Car windshield expert in Pune? Recently my car windshield was hit by a stone and it has chipped of some portion (around half a centimeter). It seems to be increasing. Not sure if it will need complete replacement.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks