Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2009, 15:14   #166

Hi tsk1979,

May I know how did you unlock the Mio C320? I have Miopocket 3 installed but dont think it unlocks it, or does it?

Also, could I know how can I use the Oziexplorer with the device? Sorry, but I am all too confused about this unlocking and and. Totally feel a tech-dud right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I did two things to the device
1. Unlocked it so that the underlying OS is visible
Old 16th August 2009, 12:13   #167
Team-BHP Support

Put Miopocket in SD card, as instructed.
Then shut down the device(hold power button for 5 seconds)
Switch it on, and if it does not unlock, pop out SD card and pop it back in(with device on)

As for oziexplorer. just create the OziCE dir on your card, install oziexplorer in it.
Then in miopocket main screen choose navigation, and click on oziexplorer icon.
If will tell you to enter path of oziexplorer CE binary.
Just do that and you are set

Last edited by tsk1979 : 16th August 2009 at 12:14.
Old 5th September 2009, 20:37   #168
BHPian

Hi there, I have Nokia 5800 XM which has built in GPS. It can send GPS data over bluetooth. Is it possible to show current location on google earth (free version) using GPS? I could not find a way to do it. If any one aware of the procedure, it would be great for my road trip.
Old 5th September 2009, 23:48   #169
Senior - BHPian

Will you run Google Earth on a laptop and connect it to Nokia phone via bluetooth?
Old 6th September 2009, 02:36   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

@ cpyder
You could try playing around with the settings, theres an option in there somewhere, which allows you to use the internal gps of your device(if present). Haven't used Google Maps much, so can't elaborate.

Incidently, I use the same device and hence the question, have you tried Nokia Maps or MGMaps?? They offer you the flexibility of offline use, i.e. you don't need to connect to the Internet. MGMap is quite detailed but takes up storage space. Nokia Maps seem to be improving, for good. But, its nowhere near the former in terms of coverage. Works very well on major highways and cities, but won't help you much in remote, off beat places.

EDIT: And in case, you need any detailed info regarding these two, feel free to ask.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 6th September 2009 at 02:40.
Old 6th September 2009, 10:20   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Will you run Google Earth on a laptop and connect it to Nokia phone via bluetooth?
Thats correct. I want to run Google Earth on my lappy and want to supply GPS data from my phone over bluetooth. Basically, looking for a MMD (moving map display) that shows me my exact position on big screen of my lappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
@ cpyder
You could try playing around with the settings, theres an option in there somewhere, which allows you to use the internal gps of your device(if present). Haven't used Google Maps much, so can't elaborate.
I can export GPS data over bluetooth. That part is confirmed. But google earth seem to have inputs from Garmin or Magellan devices. If anyone aware of any workarounds to make it talk to Nokia 5800.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Incidently, I use the same device and hence the question, have you tried Nokia Maps or MGMaps?? They offer you the flexibility of offline use, i.e. you don't need to connect to the Internet. MGMap is quite detailed but takes up storage space. Nokia Maps seem to be improving, for good. But, its nowhere near the former in terms of coverage. Works very well on major highways and cities, but won't help you much in remote, off beat places.

EDIT: And in case, you need any detailed info regarding these two, feel free to ask.
I have used Nokia Maps. The phone came with 90 days use. After that it is too costly to use. Its about 1000/- for 3 months if I remember correctly. And then it covers only 7-8 cities. Other than that there are only a couple of NHs but without even city/town names enroute.

MGMaps - I havent heard about it. It will be nice if you can share some info about same.
Old 6th September 2009, 13:23   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpyder View Post
Thats correct. I want to run Google Earth on my lappy and want to supply GPS data from my phone over bluetooth. Basically, looking for a MMD (moving map display) that shows me my exact position on big screen of my lappy.
Assuming that your bluetooth dongle provides a Serial VCP (Virtual COM Port) with GPS data on it, you can use GOOPS to pipe it to Google Earth. I guess you'd be caching Google Earth data or else it will require a live internet connection.

GooPs

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 6th September 2009 at 13:25.
Old 6th October 2009, 16:25   #173
Senior - BHPian

Separate koshun guys: DealExtreme has given me a HK post tracking number. I cannot get the tracking number for India Post/Speedpost from the same.

Can anyone help from their experience or guide me?
Old 6th October 2009, 16:35   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Separate koshun guys: DealExtreme has given me a HK post tracking number. I cannot get the tracking number for India Post/Speedpost from the same.

Can anyone help from their experience or guide me?
Contact the seller and ask him is there any tracking number provided by Indian Post. If that is not available, the only option is to wait.
Old 6th October 2009, 19:54   #175
Senior - BHPian

err ... we're talking not about ebay but dealextreme.com brother
Old 7th October 2009, 11:47   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
err ... we're talking not about ebay but dealextreme.com brother
Ok. I thought it was from ebay. My bad
Old 7th October 2009, 12:02   #177
BHPian

I have a satguide GPS system, Miomoov 300. It has option to record the route but there is no way I can export GPS data otherwise. Is there some tool for me to record and export the data to see my route in Google Earth or Google maps?

BTW, the software being used in Moov is Desinator.

Thanks.

Nainar
Old 9th October 2009, 18:41   #178
evo
BHPian

Has anyone here, purchased anything from dealextreme and installed Indian maps on it? Also how is the sound quality of the audio played through the memory card?

Also, there is a related thread that I have created:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ml#post1523732

Mods, please see if they are to be merged, thanks.
Old 9th October 2009, 18:47   #179
Senior - BHPian

I have GPS unit from DX. Its running Indian maps from all major providers.

Audio/Video playback is not usable. Device has just enough juice to do either GPS or Music, not both.
Old 9th October 2009, 18:53   #180
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
I have GPS unit from DX. Its running Indian maps from all major providers.
Audio/Video playback is not usable. Device has just enough juice to do either GPS or Music, not both.

Aha, thank you, some more answers,

Was there any trouble with Customs when it came in?

How much time did it take to come?

When you say that it can play music while GPS isnt on, how is the quality of that?

Have you connected that to your audio system?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks