Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2018, 14:50   #46
BHPian

Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Guys which LED bulbs do you would suit the Chevy Cruze? I have been using this (below). Peformance is fine, not too bad, not a well defined cut of line however in terms of glaring oncoming traffic its not that bad.

http://https://www.aliexpress.com/it...ceBeautifyAB=0
Old 28th August 2018, 20:22   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis_vaz View Post
Hey supertinu, thanks for the super informative thread.
I had some doubts regarding the LED you have installed for fog lamps.
I am planning to go for this product from AliExpress.
http://s.aliexpress.com/y2u2AFr2?fromSns
I have an Ertiga and one of the halogen fog lamps has given up. I am planning on upgrading to LED, my question to you is, will COB, BLOB and CSP type have any difference for fog lamp assembly or it is just applicable to headlights.
The Ertiga has the simple round fog lamp assembly, so will the cutout be clean or just flooded type?
Also there is ample of place behind the fog lamp assembly in the e so should I opt for a fan type or heat sink type LED.
For fogs as such you can use any kind since the illumination is more near the car and at a low eye height which shouldnt hurt on coming traffic, even CSP type would work well since they mimic halogen better. On my XUV spread is fairly even.

What is the bulb size for Ertiga fogs? if its an open type then heat sink is any day better than fan since dust would be more in the fog area since its lower in height and inside the bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arundeepbv View Post
I'm planning to use this product from Amazon, it has both 6000k and 3000K color temperature and you can switch between them. A couple of guys who I know are using it and it looks and works great.

https://www.amazon.com/oEdRo-Headlig...edro+led+3000K
From the link the design doesnt seem to be good for high / low since there is no cut off shields for low beam. Are you sure this wont blind on coming traffic. Normally there are some H4 hi/lo designs which use 6000K for low beam and 4300K for high since they go further. Since you know people using them, confirm that low beam doesnt blind oncoming traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Guys which LED bulbs do you would suit the Chevy Cruze? I have been using this (below). Peformance is fine, not too bad, not a well defined cut of line however in terms of glaring oncoming traffic its not that bad.
If I am correct cruze has a reflector with H4, so the current blob type that you use will have good throw but not proper pattern, similar to my Figo. May be you can consider getting a design with CSP LEds hi/lo. It will give much more accurate cutoff for low beams
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 11:01   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post

If I am correct cruze has a reflector with H4, so the current blob type that you use will have good throw but not proper pattern, similar to my Figo. May be you can consider getting a design with CSP LEds hi/lo. It will give much more accurate cutoff for low beams
Yes its a H4 hi/lo type bulb, any suggestions to the CSP LEDs which can give a good pattern. The cruze has an off shape rectangular reflector and in any case the illumination with the standard halogens was worse off than cars with rounder reflectors.
I will post a photo of the current throw from the existing LED bulbs.
Old 29th August 2018, 11:15   #49
BHPian

Quote:

What is the bulb size for Ertiga fogs? if its an open type then heat sink is any day better than fan since dust would be more in the fog area since its lower in height and inside the bumper.
Hey, I have ordered CSP type LED from AliExpress, the brand is S&D I brought other products from the seller before so decided to bite the bullet on this.
The one I ordered is a fan type.

What size are you referring to and what is open type? Can you elaborate more on this? The adapter is H8 type and the entire length of the bulb is ~65mm and the portion that goes inside the assembly i.e the filament is ~45mm.
francis_vaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 20:39   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes its a H4 hi/lo type bulb, any suggestions to the CSP LEDs which can give a good pattern. The cruze has an off shape rectangular reflector and in any case the illumination with the standard halogens was worse off than cars with rounder reflectors.
I will post a photo of the current throw from the existing LED bulbs.
you can try one of these models. Read through the reviews and see which one has best feedback.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/H1-L...ceBeautifyAB=0

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Osla...ceBeautifyAB=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis_vaz View Post
Hey, I have ordered CSP type LED from AliExpress, the brand is S&D I brought other products from the seller before so decided to bite the bullet on this.
The one I ordered is a fan type.

What size are you referring to and what is open type? Can you elaborate more on this? The adapter is H8 type and the entire length of the bulb is ~65mm and the portion that goes inside the assembly i.e the filament is ~45mm.
By size i meant type, as in H8. H8 bulbs fit and seal the reflector and the back of the bulb is exposed without any dust cover inside the bumper. Hence my point that fan type may catch dust in the long run. Install it and check the fan once in 3 months to see if its catching dust as that may spoil the motor in the long run and reduce effectiveness of the cooling.
Old 30th August 2018, 12:06   #51
BHPian

Quote:
you can try one of these models. Read through the reviews and see which one has best feedback.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/H1-L...ceBeautifyAB=0

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Osla...ceBeautifyAB=0
Thanks will check these out.

So I took the photos of the beam pattern on my current LED's. Thoughts anyone?

Low Beam
Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-img3591.jpg
High Beam
Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-img3592.jpg
Old 30th August 2018, 12:47   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

As expected the cut off in low beam is not very good and doesnt follow the standard with halogen. It might be impacting on coming traffic. You can try the CSP ones to get better results. Brightness wise CSPs will be similar.
Old 30th August 2018, 13:46   #53
BHPian

Quote:

Low Beam
Attachment 1794577
High Beam
Attachment 1794578
For testing cutoff pattern you need to park your vehicle about 15-20 feet from a wall, on a flat ground. From the the photo it looks like you car is parked too close to the wall.
Old 30th August 2018, 13:52   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
For testing cutoff pattern you need to park your vehicle about 15-20 feet from a wall, on a flat ground. From the the photo it looks like you car is parked too close to the wall.
Yes, true, the below image is for around 10-15 feet

Low beam
Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-img3587.jpg
high beamComprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-img3588.jpg
superutp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 14:26   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Low Beam
Attachment 1794577
High Beam
Attachment 1794578
Your low beam is higher than the high beam. Can't make out much difference at all.

Plus as supertinu said, cutoff is pretty bad. The beam isn't wide just narrow and no hot spot clear. This means this will have too much foreground light making it difficult to drive.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 30th August 2018 at 14:28.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 15:17   #56
BHPian

Quote:

Low Beam
Attachment 1794577
High Beam
Attachment 1794578
Your high beam has a cut off line whereas the low beam doesn't have any. That is weird!!

I think the bulbs are not fixed correctly. In a H4 setup the glare shield on the low beam filament should be on the lower side of the reflector. Check or post a close up of your HL setup.
archat68 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 16:02   #57
BHPian

Quote:

Let me start with the Figo upgrade. Figo has H4 bulbs and given my prev gen model it had really poor headlights. I chose the same H4 brand that my colleague had on his i20 elite.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I stumbled upon your thread exactly when I was looking for an alternative to stock headlamp of my Nextgen Figo.

This link has listed two options.
1) H13(9008, Hi/Lo)
2) 9006(HB4)

Which one should I pick for Figo.
Old 30th August 2018, 16:05   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
I stumbled upon your thread exactly when I was looking for an alternative to stock headlamp of my Nextgen Figo.

This link has listed two options.
1) H13(9008, Hi/Lo)
2) 9006(HB4)

Which one should I pick for Figo.
Neither of them. You will need H4 for Figo, please double check this in the user manual since your's is the next gen figo. Manuals have all the bulb size specs. Mictuning may not be having stock. I would recommend look for CSP based lights. Read through my thread.

Quote:
Yes, true, the below image is for around 10-15 feet

Low beam
Attachment 1794600
high beamAttachment 1794601
Vid and Archat have already pointed out that at further distance it looks even worse. Hardly any difference between low and high beams. Do you have link of the lights you are using? does the lo beam LEDs have steel cups to block hi side light? That is very important else entire reflector will have a throw. Current setup would mostly be blinding the oncoming traffic even on lo beam.

Last edited by supertinu : 30th August 2018 at 16:11.
Old 30th August 2018, 16:53   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Your low beam is higher than the high beam. Can't make out much difference at all.

Plus as supertinu said, cutoff is pretty bad. The beam isn't wide just narrow and no hot spot clear. This means this will have too much foreground light making it difficult to drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Your high beam has a cut off line whereas the low beam doesn't have any. That is weird!!

I think the bulbs are not fixed correctly. In a H4 setup the glare shield on the low beam filament should be on the lower side of the reflector. Check or post a close up of your HL setup.
Quote:

Vid and Archat have already pointed out that at further distance it looks even worse. Hardly any difference between low and high beams. Do you have link of the lights you are using? does the lo beam LEDs have steel cups to block hi side light? That is very important else entire reflector will have a throw. Current setup would mostly be blinding the oncoming traffic even on lo beam.
Yup its pretty clear these bulbs are not a match for the Cruze's reflectors. The link is as follows https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Supe...ceBeautifyAB=0

These bulbs dont have that tiny glare shield and plus they are those Cree with lenses type of bulb. I bought them before any of these LED threads on TeamBHP especially Vid's on experimenting on his ecosport.

I guess I will have to experiment with the CSP in line type with the tiny glare shield ones which mimics the standard halogens. Anybody know a particular model which could suit the Cruze well?
Old 30th August 2018, 17:03   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

These bulbs dont have that tiny glare shield and plus they are those Cree with lenses type of bulb. I bought them before any of these LED threads on TeamBHP especially Vid's on experimenting on his ecosport.

I guess I will have to experiment with the CSP in line type with the tiny glare shield ones which mimics the standard halogens. Anybody know a particular model which could suit the Cruze well?
Just saw the link. Those are terrible!!!!

No shield, uses the dome type array LED and some weird 3 LEd pattern. No wonder you are seeing no difference between low and high beam and no low beam cut off. The light is just everywhere!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks