Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2022, 18:34   #46
BHPian

Re: Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth

As luck would have it had a puncture again in the same tyre , was on the way to Goa. But this time sensors came to the rescue and how. Was driving at constant speed of 90 kms on butter smooth tarmac and Spotify blazing superhits through car speakers. Suddenly gets a chime in the background and I think that someone is calling on fb or wassapp. But the sound was very peculiar and never I had heard off. It was like Rohit from Koi mil gaya connecting his alien friends I dint bother much was in a holiday mood. Then again it buzzes ,I stopped and checked this time. Damnit there was a low pressure warning from left rear tyre and it came to 26 psi. Drove another 1 km and found a truck tyre repair shop and the kind mechanic repairs the tyre in a jiffy. While refilling air told him about the tyre pressure through the phone and asked him not to rely on his old gauge. They were totally amazed , when I told them about the sensors and the connecting feature . After giving 100 bucks and many thanks later , I am on my way to Paradise beaches of Goa. I hope each new cars should come with a factory fitted TPMS sensors. It will make our life much easier. Chao
Attached Thumbnails
Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-img_20220223_132120.jpg  

sam_machine is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 10:38   #47
BHPian

My review of the Treel TPMS.

I was on the lookout for a good TPMS system for a very long time. I had purchased a "Visture External Solar TPMS" from Ali-Express in 2019. It worked well for 2-3 months. I found out it was unreliable when it showed normal tyre pressure even though there was a puncture and the actual pressure was around 15-16 psi. I was travelling with family at that time and this scared me as it was a safety add-on and these systems should be reliable. I removed it from my car the next day. Since then I was looking for other options. I discovered Sensairy on this forum and was planning on purchasing the system. But then covid struck and I dropped my plans. Then I came across this thread and purchased the Treel system about a month back.

In my one month of use, I have found it to be reliable regarding the pressure. However the temperature part of the sensor is sometimes unreliable. The system warned me of punctures and elevated pressure on my recent trip thus preventing a mishap.

I would rate it 3.5/5.

Reason for the reduced star rating -
1. Temperature is sometimes not reported properly.
2. Manual refresh isn't available in app.
NG_EV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 19:38   #48

Hi All,

Could anyone please help to confirm if the Treel (JK Tyre) Internal sensors using App and display can be syned with Android Auto for alert/Notifications.

Today I received the 5 sensor with display option bought from Treel and tried to install in Nexon XZ+ (4 alloys + one normal Stepney). As per the shop, the sensor was able to be fitter only in 4 Alloy wheels. Normal Stepney unable to install as air is leaking.

Could anyone please confirm on this. Anyone fitted Treel in normal 195R16 Nexon wheels.

Thanks.
Old 28th April 2022, 12:33   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPN_Liv2D View Post

Could anyone please confirm on this. Anyone fitted Treel in normal 195R16 Nexon wheels.

Thanks.
Hello,

I have installed the Treel tpms (internal) in the four alloys and steel stepney of my Honda BRV without any hassles and have been using it since Dec-2021, since then run around 3500kms. Tyre size: 195/60R16.

Regards.
Sushil Pingua is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 11:46   #50
ais
BHPian

I've ordered Sensairy instead of Treel because the customer service call number of Treel is sketchy. I did get a callback, but the lady was unable to provide any information on connectivity with cars headunit. She sent me some writeup as copied below on WhatsApp saying they have an unofficial app for android auto connectivity that is dodgy and might crash!

"Dear Customer,
Please find the link for the unofficial Treel android auto apk maintained by our
automotive enthusiasts. This APK is equivalent to the Treel app play store version we
have 3.0.6 You can download the apk by clicking on the link below.
Note:
1. Android 12 introduced some changes in android auto feature and due to that
Treel (private) apk might fail to function. App might crash when you are trying to
launch the Treel app on the android auto screen. Unfortunately, there is no solution
for this and we are doing our best to have Google approve our android auto apk.
2. Disable auto-update from the play store to avoid automatic updates in case of
new app release.
3. Since it is a private apk, it might get incompatible with some AA music systems
Instructions to upgrade the application:
1. Download the Treel application from the play store
2. Download the apk from the below link
3. Install the apk, it will override the existing app you have downloaded from the play
store
4. Connect the mobile device with the AA music system using USB cable / Wirelessly
5. Go to the app menu on android auto screen
6. You can see the Treel application
Application Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d0G9SqcJUG4XB_FCpqodZdXZy0kM6Fr_/view?usp=sharing".

Sensairy customer service call was clear and I ordered immediately.

Will install in my new Polo TSI during tyre swap and update.
ais is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 09:12   #51

Hi,

Can anyone please confirm if we can login to the Treel app from two different phones at the same time?

If it is possible, I can leave one phone always in the car, so that it's always connected to the tyre sensors and to the cloud. And hopefully can recieve instantaneous notifications on the second phone as well.

Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 16:21   #52
BHPian

I got quoted 500 for each sensor from my local JK Tyre Care. Will get these installed in a day or two in my Kodiaq as will be leaving for Spiti this Saturday and TPMS would help a lot unlike my Ladakh experience last year.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 23:58   #53

Having a hard time sourcing these sensors offline. Most of the dealers listed on the Treel site don't have it or aren't even aware of the sensors. The phone numbers listed are all jumbled, call going to some other tyre shops.I was given contact details for Ambica tyres in Andheri,Mumbai by the Treel customer service but the call went to Ambica Tyres, Solapur

Contacted Treel customer support and upon informing them of unavailability offline, they just flatly said buy online. I informed them that the sensors cost around ₹500 offline(they cost ₹1400 per sensor on their site). I was told these are unauthorised dealers and warranty would not be provided for these sensors.
Even though these dealers are listed on their own site.
The Solapur guy got pretty angry when i asked if it was true that dealers selling at ₹500 or so prices were unauthorised and warranty would not be applicable.He also said the sensors should be available at any authorised jk tyre shop at around ₹450.

Not sure about future customer service from Treel or J K Tyre from this interaction.Even basic things like dealer phone numbers are wrong on their site.
Mumbgamer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 09:46   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbgamer View Post
Contacted Treel customer support and upon informing them of unavailability offline, they just flatly said buy online. I informed them that the sensors cost around ₹500 offline(they cost ₹1400 per sensor on their site). I was told these are unauthorised dealers and warranty would not be provided for these sensors.
Even though these dealers are listed on their own site.
The Solapur guy got pretty angry when i asked if it was true that dealers selling at ₹500 or so prices were unauthorised and warranty would not be applicable.He also said the sensors should be available at any authorised jk tyre shop at around ₹450.
The warranty for the Rs.500 sensor is applicable if it is purchased with the smart tyre. These sensors are not meant to be sold separately but most people do not purchase the TPMS so there is some extra stock. The sensors available online are in a pack of 5, meant to be sold separately, and have a warranty.
This information is from a tyre dealer in my local area and not an official source.
I have purchased the Rs.500 one knowingly, but I check it monthly with a pressure gauge. The sensor also have a built-in battery indicator which will tell you in advance when the sensor is about to die (batteries are not replaceable in the internal TPMS from both Treel and Sensairy).
NG_EV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 13:49   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG_EV View Post
In my one month of use, I have found it to be reliable regarding the pressure. However the temperature part of the sensor is sometimes unreliable. The system warned me of punctures and elevated pressure on my recent trip thus preventing a mishap.

I would rate it 3.5/5.

Reason for the reduced star rating -
1. Temperature is sometimes not reported properly.
2. Manual refresh isn't available in app.
Quote:
I have purchased the Rs.500 one knowingly, but I check it monthly with a pressure gauge. The sensor also have a built-in battery indicator which will tell you in advance when the sensor is about to die (batteries are not replaceable in the internal TPMS from both Treel and Sensairy).
Update:

The app has stopped refreshing in background thus restricting the functionality. It will work if its open in split screen with other apps.

Reducing the rating to 1/5.
Recommendation for now - Do not buy
Old 11th July 2022, 07:50   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post
Honestly there is nothing better than having a TPMS in your car.
Currently am using SensAiry....
Quote:
I have SensAiry installed on my tyres.
What I have noticed is that the PSI displayed on the SensAiry system is always about 1.5 psi to 2 psi lower than what is displayed on the Petrol station Air filling machine.

Do you guys also have the same issue ?
Also not sure if there is a way to calibrate it. ( I am aware of the threshold warning levels)
Old 11th July 2022, 09:32   #57
src
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
I have SensAiry installed on my tyres.
What I have noticed is that the PSI displayed on the SensAiry system is always about 1.5 psi to 2 psi lower than what is displayed on the Petrol station Air filling machine.

Also not sure if there is a way to calibrate it. ( I am aware of the threshold warning levels)
Fillmore,
Nice Handle
Please avoid Petrol Station and I use only places where they have tire and wheel alignment centres.
Also I use Nitrogen hence don't see any difference.
src is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 10:04   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post

I have not availed services of air filling at petrol station since a long time. Occasionally it is done at tyre shops at the time of wheel alignment. Rest of the time it is done at home using an AmazonBasics portable pump. The difference is about 0.5 to 1 psi.
NG_EV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 00:45   #59

I'd been on the lookout for a TPMS system for a few months now, and had originally considered an RF-based TPMS system that would directly plug in to my Android HU via a USB receiver, thus eliminating the need of a finicky bluetooth connection with my HU. There were several appealing models available on AliExpress for about 2-3k INR, but unfortunately with our shipping restrictions I resigned myself to searching for a set locally.

Amazon has a few USB TPMS systems listed for about 4.5k, but honestly at that price range I thought it better to simply consider Sensairy. However, I wasn't keen about shelling out 7k for a set of sensors from Sensairy when I knew that the Chinese sensors would've performed just as well for about 2k. Nevertheless, an incident last week that involved a friend with a stranded Innova on a highway with a tyre punctured beyond repair and a similarly deflated stepney (story for another day) prompted me to expedite my plans for a TPMS.

Thanks to this thread about Treel as an alternative to Sensairy, I began looking out for a set of Treel sensors online and offline. They're priced horrendously online at about 7-8k at which point a Sensairy system is a no-brainer, but fortunately I lucked upon a dealer in Mumbai from the Treel website, who was offering a set of 5 sensors for 3k INR. This was a tad higher than the 500/sensor mentioned in this thread, but the dealer was close-by and quite forthcoming. Happy to share their details if anyone in Mumbai needs a set.

Here is the set of 5 boxes that I purchased, with each sensor packed individually.

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-screenshot-20220726-12.39.22-am.png

As mentioned earlier in the thread, these boxes are meant to be sold along with the JKTyre's "Smart Tyre", and the box has a warning stating that no warranty would apply if these sensors are sold separately without the tyre. This clearly does not dissuade the dealers from reselling them, or myself for that matter, where I'm quite happy with a warranty-less set of sensors for less than half the cost, and considering I can easily replace one sensor for ~500 INR if there are ever any issues. The MRP on the box was 1799 and they were manufactured in March 2022.

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-screenshot-20220726-12.38.59-am.png

The dealer wasn't able to install it themselves, so I got it done at another FNG for 100/tyre and 350 for balancing all of them, bringing my total investment to about 3.8k INR, which is much less than the 7k+installation for a Sensairy set. The installation took about 45 minutes in total, and while the sensors were being attached, I set up the "SMART TYRE CAR BIKE" app which is the official Treel/JKTyre app on the App Store. I had to have an account created, and after that linking the tyres was as easy as scanning a QR code on each box, and ensuring that this sensor was attached to the right tyre.

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-img_5088.jpg

The sensors started receiving data immediately once strapped to the rims, and while there's no manual refresh in the app, the readings seem to refresh every 30-40 seconds which is sufficient. The installer claimed to have inflated the tyres to 33-34, but the app seemed to have all the tyres at 38, to which the installer replied that there will always be a fixed discrepancy in the readings. Fortunately, when I checked the tyres at home with my AmazonBasics inflator, I saw that they were all indeed at 38 (!!) and the sensors were actually within +- 1 PSI of the actual reading, which is pretty good. Safe to say I'm not going back to this FNG to fill my tyres.

The app is straightforward and lets you put in the Max PSI, Min PSI, and ideal PSI values. If the reading gets close to either the Max or the Min, the indicator changes colour and it sends a push notification from the app. The app does need both Bluetooth and Location permissions, which is intrusive, but technically makes sense since location permissions aid with better connectivity. I also tried installing the app in my Android HU, but seems like it wasn't supported from the Play Store. Instead I tried installing the APK provided here earlier, and that installed fine, but on starting the app it couldn't seem to obtain Bluetooth and Location permissions, and as a result the screen displays values correctly by fetching them from the online server, but it is unable to obtain the latest values via bluetooth, making this pointless unless I always have my phone active to read values and push them to the server.

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-937075f11382467e9dabece8abd32624.jpg

All in all, this seems like a great value for about 3.8k INR, and I'd definitely recommend it if Sensairy isn't in your budget. Not having a warranty is a concern, but with electronics like these, if they aren't DoA they'll usually last long enough in my experience.
danny_d is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 17:19   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny_d View Post
Thanks to this thread about Treel as an alternative to Sensairy, I began looking out for a set of Treel sensors online and offline. They're priced horrendously online at about 7-8k at which point a Sensairy system is a no-brainer, but fortunately I lucked upon a dealer in Mumbai from the Treel website, who was offering a set of 5 sensors for 3k INR. This was a tad higher than the 500/sensor mentioned in this thread, but the dealer was close-by and quite forthcoming. Happy to share their details if anyone in Mumbai needs a set.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, these boxes are meant to be sold along with the JKTyre's "Smart Tyre", and the box has a warning stating that no warranty would apply if these sensors are sold separately without the tyre. This clearly does not dissuade the dealers from reselling them, or myself for that matter, where I'm quite happy with a warranty-less set of sensors for less than half the cost, and considering I can easily replace one sensor for ~500 INR if there are ever any issues. The MRP on the box was 1799 and they were manufactured in March 2022.
I just came back from getting the same JK Treel TPMS installed, opened the thread to write a short review and I see your detailed post . I had pretty much the same experience and its working beautifully.

I got it done at Popular Tyre Care, Muvattupuzha, Ernakulam, Kerala.

Treel TPMS - Rs 350 per piece
Balancing - Rs 125 per wheel
Weights - Rs 200

So total came to Rs 2575 incl installation and everything. The tyre shop owner was upfront that this comes as part of JK's Smart Tyre, however he said no problem with warranty at all. If at all I face any issues, I just need to drop in at the same shop and they will just do a swap right there. He said the warranty is for 5 years. The shop is a well established one, so I don't think they'd shut shop anytime soon.

The spare tyre has a non-alloy wheel, I think the technician had to use a riser of some sort to get it to fit, there were no such issues with the alloy wheels. Another observation I made was, it takes much longer to fill air when the Treel TPMS is installed, with the regular valve, the air gets filled much faster.

So those of you, in and around Ernakulam, can try this shop, this is the shop selling at the lowest price, I think I had enquired with pretty much all JK dealers within the area.
varkey is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks