Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2023, 17:58   #106
BHPian

Re: Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
So I had got it installed on all 5 wheels, and the spare wheel is a non-alloy. The installer used some sort of riser to install on the non-alloy wheel. Haven't observed any leaks whatsoever on this wheel.

There was a leak on an alloy wheel which required the sensor to be re-installed.
Thanks for the information! Just want to know if you got a chance to drive using the non alloy spare wheel? Just need to verify if the setup worked fine.
nitin_knw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 18:10   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin_knw View Post
Thanks for the information! Just want to know if you got a chance to drive using the non alloy spare wheel? Just need to verify if the setup worked fine.
No, I haven't had a need to use the spare yet but I don't think it has any impact on the user of the wheel. It was just a small riser to make tightening it easier, unfortunately I missed taking a pic while it was being installed.
Old 19th May 2023, 18:48   #108
BHPian

Quote:
No, I haven't had a need to use the spare yet but I don't think it has any impact on the user of the wheel. It was just a small riser to make tightening it easier, unfortunately I missed taking a pic while it was being installed.
Great, can you DM me the workshop guy phone #,seems the one who did it for me was not a expert or not trained to do so.
Old 23rd May 2023, 09:15   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugz_doge View Post
Hello,
Can you please share the process for claiming warranty? I'm facing a weird issue where the sensor in left tyre starts showing excess pressure (41+psi) after driving for some time. I understand that air expands while driving but it only happens with the front left tyre.
Hey man, so sorry I logged out and didn't receive a notification.
So I basically just call one of their guys, whatsapp him the image of the error. He asks me to do a couple of basic checks and then ships a replacement.
I do not remember where / how i got the number from. If you need it, I'll be happy to DM it to you.

gc
Old 30th May 2023, 12:20   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
So I raised it to the Treel team and their senior engineer called and told that they are working on this and will soon release new version which doesnt need location access.
Fingers crossed!
Its actually due to new android version's security measure. To detect nearby devices almost all apps require location permission to work properly. Good to know they are working on bypassing the need for location.
Old 1st June 2023, 13:03   #111
BHPian

Was looking to replace the External TPMS I bought from Skyshop. Trouble with that one was the tedious process of reinflating the tyres. You need to remove the anti-theft nut using a special tool. Two of the sensors conked off within 6 months of usage. Changed the batteries of the Sensors to no avail.

Was browsing today for a TPMS and found the JK Treel 5 sensors at under 2.4K on Flipkart. Treel site showed the price as 7K and I went with the logic posted above. And anways, the sensors also show the battery life. So I can change it myself. Have ordered the units and will post once it arrives and the installation is complete.

BTW, did anyone else find it odd that Flipkart is forcing users to buy Digital Insurance? Unless you select it, you will not be able to place the order.
Attached Thumbnails
Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-20230601_123626.jpg  

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-20230601_123707.jpg  

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-20230601_125809.jpg  

DevilzzzzOwn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 17:26   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilzzzzOwn View Post
BTW, did anyone else find it odd that Flipkart is forcing users to buy Digital Insurance? Unless you select it, you will not be able to place the order.
Did you try the Add to Cart/Buy Now option right under the images of the product? By default Insurance shouldn't be bundled with the product.

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-markup_540765878.png
Keeleri_Achu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 13:37   #113
BHPian

Got impatient since Flipkart was going to deliver the TPMS only by June 7th and I had planned a small trip to Ikea (300 Kms To and Fro) for tomorrow.

Connected with Mr. Kulkarni but Lokmanya Tyres does not sell TPMS. They can install them, though, if bought from outside.

Checked with Pallavi at Darshan Tyres, JM Road (Head Office) and she was very helpful. Gave a great rate for the installation and other services as well. INR 2000 for 4 sensors and installation (Didn't find a point in getting one for the Stepney) and 700 for Balancing and Alignment and a personal tip to my regular helper. So I decided to skip Flipkart. Cancelled my order once Pallavi gave confirmation that the TPMS sensors are in stock.

Reached Darshan tyres at sharp 09:30 AM and was out in one hour. The installation was smooth and the App to sensors pairing hardly took a few seconds. The sensors were 2021 manufactured but Pallavi assured me that they will cover the cost for replacement if they conk off in 5 years starting today. Her explanation was since the sensors were not paired with a device, the battery was never used and so the battery usage starts only from today. Since I have been going to Darshan for years, I wasn't worried. Post installation, the wheels were balanced and then alignment was done post the tyre rotation. I made sure the rotation was done before the installation of TPMS.

Overall, a good product. Each box has a unique QR Code on it which is used to pair the sensor with the phone using BT. The same QR is also present on the actual Sensor. Since the sensor would be inside the tyre and the boxes would be thrown, I cut off the QR Code section of all 4 boxes and retained them along with the bill. Also photos of all 4 QRs. This will help in future when I rotate the tyres next.
Since the helper was known to me, I did an experiment as well. Once one of the tyres was inflated, I opened the App on my iP. The numbers were in. Next, I killed the App and locked it. Following that, I reduced the air in the tyre below the cutoff set in the app. And Lo and behold. The App started sending notification of one of the Tyre being under aired. I was satisfied and all further testing was stopped

p.s. The best part is that the information on the App gets updated if I put my hand out with the phone out of my 10th floor balcony since my car park is right below my flat. So I can literally get readings whenever I want at my home
Also, the App "SMART TYRE" is displayed in the head unit of the Apple CarPlay so I can get real time reading right in front of me without the need to open my phone, like in the XUV which has a built in TPMS.
Attached Thumbnails
Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-microsoftteamsimage-5.jpg  

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-microsoftteamsimage-3.jpg  

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-microsoftteamsimage-4.jpg  

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-microsoftteamsimage-3.jpg  

Last edited by DevilzzzzOwn : 2nd June 2023 at 13:42. Reason: Attaching App Screenshot
DevilzzzzOwn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 23:19   #114
Senior - BHPian

I had to replace two of my rims as they had developed slow leaks with old age. Told the Tyre shop guy to take care as the valves had sensors and I wanted to reuse them. Initially he did not commit to being able to remove and refit them safely but when I showed him the pictures he said they should be fine. The rims got swapped out and the valves went into the new rims without any issues.
I was not aware that some of these valves were not reusable.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 12:53   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilzzzzOwn View Post
Also, the App "SMART TYRE" is displayed in the head unit of the Apple CarPlay so I can get real time reading right in front of me without the need to open my phone, like in the XUV which has a built in TPMS.
Interesting, I wasn't aware of the CarPlay support, definitely something I was waiting for. From the version history on Apple Store, looks like CarPlay support got rolled out only 3 months ago. Tried it earlier today after reading your post, and sure enough it worked.

One of the things to improve would be to add the last update time on the screen, since it by default displays the last known pressure, we cannot really be certain its live data unless the last update time is displayed. Also, there seems to be a UI issue as the representative image of the car can't really be seen, only the 4 bars indicating the wheels.

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-img_3553.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I was not aware that some of these valves were not reusable.
Since the JK Treel valves are tightened with a nut unlike the regular non-sensor valves which needed to be cut and removed, I by default assumed that all internal sensors like these are re-usable.

Which are the sensors that cannot be re-used?
varkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 14:43   #116
BHPian

Has anyone tried buying Treel TPMS from Flipkart? The price offered by the seller (Reliable Company) is way lesser compared to Amazon.
Attached Thumbnails
Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-screenshot_20230611_144041_brave2.jpg  

warrioraks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 16:06   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Which are the sensors that cannot be re-used?
No idea. Tyre shop guy just hinted because initially he did not commit to being able to replace them, only once he saw these did he confirm that they could
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 16:06   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandharjc View Post
I bought 5 sensors + HUD in Jan 2022.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
I also decided to buy a HUD Unit from the makers.
Hi. Please confirm if we need to provide power through USB cable to HUD after initial setup (or maybe once in a while) or solar power is sufficient to use it in normal routine?

I want to buy this HUD but only if no wires needed to provide power.

Thanks.
Old 14th June 2023, 16:54   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Hi. Please confirm if we need to provide power through USB cable to HUD after initial setup (or maybe once in a while) or solar power is sufficient to use it in normal routine?

Thanks.
Hey man,
I have a covered parking both at home as well as office, so I need to charge the HUD once every 2-3 months. I just pick it up and carry it home, plug it into a wall charger. Once it's done, I use a new piece of 3M's double sided tape and pop it back on my dash. Pretty happy so far.

If your car is out and about in the sun, you won't have to bother charging it using a cable.
gandharjc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 17:39   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post

Thanks.
Hi,
If the car is in use daily and parked in the open, then no wires are needed as it has a built in solar battery. However, my car is parked in a closed garage and not used much so I bring the unit into the house and charge it up from my laptop. It charges very fast. I have fitted it with double sided velcro tape so I can easily remove and replace it.
Cheers.
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks