Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2008, 12:17   #316
Senior - BHPian

If youre seam welding / spot welding the entire subframe back im sure it can be done to a better strength than stock itself. We do that to a lot of rally cars we prepare, strip the whole car and spot weld all panel joints whether its the engine bay, cabin or boot.
Old 12th July 2008, 14:14   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
Lets just put a 4G63T and Brembo 6 pots, and call it a day shall we?

As long as you do it within the same quote, it's absolutely fine by me Infact I might even give you a THANK YOU card !!!

As for cutting my car open & putting it back together , bhai aisi baatein mat karo !!!

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 12th July 2008 at 14:18.
Old 3rd August 2008, 20:42   #318
Senior - BHPian

Updates??
what all has been done and what all is yet to be completed.
Old 3rd August 2008, 23:45   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
There are also cases where you get the gearbox WITHOUT the LSD, but that is rare.
Out of the 3 Mivecs I have seen and driven, 2 came without an LSD. The third has an LSD, but it is so soft as to be pretty much useless in tight corners.
Old 8th August 2008, 08:03   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Updates??
what all has been done and what all is yet to be completed.

Would post updates once the work begins. So far it is the waiting game
Will hopefully post a pictorial update once we are at the stage.

The bumper is still to arrive. Just hoping I get the right bumper.

@ v1p3r

Thanks for the LSD information.

Cheers
Old 13th September 2008, 15:53   #321
Senior - BHPian

Time to get cracking again !! The Mivec is here, the EVO 4 bumper is here. So the work should commence shortly, as presently Arush is stuck with hordes of Gypsy Kings & other cars being prepared for the upcoming rally !!!

Any specifics which I need to be looking at in addition to the usual belts, oils, filter/s ??

It would run the Mivec struts & rotors up front, will drive the setup & then see if it needs upgraded Brake pads just yet.

I was thinking of upgrading as & when required. As the car is in top notch shape.

Let your views flow !!

Cheers
Old 13th September 2008, 21:40   #322
Senior - BHPian

A front strut brace and a rear tie bar would be a great addon for handling.And cheap too.
Shifting the battery to the rear to aid good cool air flow for the filter would be a good option.

Giving me a test drive of the car when i'm in delhi next time would be a another nice add-on.
Old 14th September 2008, 09:41   #323
Senior - BHPian

Arush are you listening - TD requests are coming in and the car is yet to recieve its heart transplant !!

Navpreet you are welcome to TD the car - but patience my friend, let it be worthy of that first. Get your Civic & we can race them both (post the Mivec)

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 14th September 2008 at 09:43.
Old 14th September 2008, 10:45   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Arush are you listening - TD requests are coming in and the car is yet to recieve its heart transplant !!

Navpreet you are welcome to TD the car - but patience my friend, let it be worthy of that first. Get your Civic & we can race them both (post the Mivec)

Cheers
My Civic is ready
Old 14th September 2008, 14:45   #325
Senior - BHPian

Well you'll have to be patient for the race.Let me first get a turbo in it.
I have 2 projects lined up.In dire need of vitamin M.
Old 14th September 2008, 15:05   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well you'll have to be patient for the race.Let me first get a turbo in it.
I have 2 projects lined up.In dire need of vitamin M.

Turbo ? I was talking NA vs NA..

LOL LOL LOL, actually for all you know I might also put in a turbo in about a year (too early to say though) - who knows, then yes, we can go TURBO vs TURBO

Cheers
Old 14th September 2008, 15:23   #327
Senior - BHPian

Ha Ha.now that will be fun.seriously fun.Turbo Mivec.First in india.man i'm thinking what figures it'll put out.

And as far as i know you you'll leave no stone unturned to make it the most reliable car up north.good.then we can finally start the scene in north india.
Do let me know if you have something in mind already.i'm making up my mind for the turbo.and scouting for more and more info on the ECU.
let me know whatever info you have on ECU ground.because ECU and ECU tuning are the weakest links in indian turbo scene.
Old 14th September 2008, 18:57   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ha Ha.now that will be fun.seriously fun.Turbo Mivec.First in india.man i'm thinking what figures it'll put out.

And as far as i know you you'll leave no stone unturned to make it the most reliable car up north.good.then we can finally start the scene in north india.
Do let me know if you have something in mind already.i'm making up my mind for the turbo.and scouting for more and more info on the ECU.
let me know whatever info you have on ECU ground.because ECU and ECU tuning are the weakest links in indian turbo scene.

Ahem, what gives you that impression ? Yes I like to do things well if I do them at all.

Well as of now the turbo "is only in the head" (running 12 psi) . As for the ECU, there is only our homegrown RD or Zakie (who did the ECU for Viper's B16).

Other than that I really know of nothing. Try talking to HKS also - in all probability they'd come out with a Bolt on kit for the Civic too.

I am told the HKS thing is as reliable as it gets. You can also speak to Arush, Karan Shah, Psycho......(not that you need any introduction to them)

Anyway, I shall cross the bridge when I come to it

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 14th September 2008 at 19:00.
Old 14th September 2008, 22:37   #329
Senior - BHPian

well i have been looking up to the RD ecu.seems pretty good as an option.i have done quite a bit of research.so lets see what goes through.An unbranded kit is available though for the R18.lets see i'll seperate out the things and will check for the true value.will order things from abroad.

though the only 2 things holding me back are the ECU tuning and the Vitamin M.the latter being the largest of the two.
12 psi is huge.i'll be looking at a normal streetable 6-7 psi.
Old 15th September 2008, 15:39   #330
Senior - BHPian

[quote=navpreet318;977350]well i have been looking up to the RD ecu.seems pretty good as an option.i have done quite a bit of research.so lets see what goes through.An unbranded kit is available though for the R18.lets see i'll seperate out the things and will check for the true value.will order things from abroad.

though the only 2 things holding me back are the ECU tuning and the Vitamin M.the latter being the largest of the two.
12 psi is huge.i'll be looking at a normal streetable 6-7 psi.[/quote

It was just fantasy - I would be looking at the stock engine to begin with. If I go turbo at some stage (reliability being criteria # 1) I would need to change to low compression pistons etc & then think of turbo. (I think- not sure) Let's see...sigh !! I do not think 12 psi is attainable without forged internals, don't know if it is worth the effort & the $$$

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks