Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2023, 20:04   #76
BHPian

Re: The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post
How do you wipe off foam which gets into the panel gaps and other crevices? You can see foam below the headlight crevices in the attached image.
When they dry off, it creates a film.
Anything that's deposited in these areas can be cleaned with any All Purpose cleaner (diluted) sprayed on cotton earbuds and cleaning those crevices.
I have even used playing cards and wrapped them around a MF towel and then use that to clean those areas and it works wonders.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 01:51   #77
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone, I stumbled upon proklear after searching for rinseless washes on amazon. Due to my house only having well water, keeping my ceramic coated black car free of water spots has become a massive pain. Dirt doesn't go away without contact washing either so I'm spending way too much time keeping my car clean instead of driving it, despite having a very expensive ceramic coating on it.

I'm hoping PROKLEAR RAW Rinseless/Waterless could be helpful.

What I was thinking off is to :
1. Use a pressure washer to spay the car with water
2. Apply proklear raw using microfiber mitt and bucket, making sure to dip it into a 2nd bucket often to get rid of dirt.
3. Use microfiber towels to dry it up (no rinsing after step 2)

Alternatively, I could use the pressure washer to spray the diluted proklear mixture onto the car and allow it to sit for a while as replacement for step 1 or 2 before using a wash mitt. Then dry it off.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Cresterk : 22nd June 2023 at 01:53.
Old 22nd June 2023, 17:47   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Hello everyone, I stumbled upon proklear after searching for rinseless washes on amazon. Due to my house only having well water, keeping my ceramic coated black car free of water spots has become a massive pain. Dirt doesn't go away without contact washing either so I'm spending way too much time keeping my car clean instead of driving it, despite having a very expensive ceramic coating on it.

2. Apply proklear raw using microfiber mitt and bucket, making sure to dip it into a 2nd bucket often to get rid of dirt.

Alternatively, I could use the pressure washer to spray the diluted proklear mixture onto the car and allow it to sit for a while as replacement for step 1 or 2 before using a wash mitt. Then dry it off.

What do you guys think?
If you have a pressure washer why dont you foam wash it as it will take same amount of time and effort.Further you can add a layer of protection if you want in every wash by using ceramic infused shampoos ( Gyeon Bathe + is a very good product).
The steps you mentioned just fall shy of a regular wash in terms of effort hence this suggestion.Plus a regular wash is a safer option and less complicated.
Water less/Rinse less washes are mainly for those who have limited access to water which doesn't seem to be in your case.
Black colored vehicles are dust magnets so you will have to start living with it i am afraid. Perhaps using a Jopasu duster to get rid of that light dirt more frequently will be more efficient IMHO.
Old 22nd June 2023, 20:28   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

What do you guys think?
Spray Foam using the pressure washer first , then rinse off with pressure washer, given the polishing done on the paint it would be mostly clean at this time. Now spray ProKlear generously on the wet car and wipe off with a drying towel.

When it's very dirty you need to use a wash mitt after the rinse and rinse again of course.

Ceramic coating on a daily driver ?!
Old 22nd June 2023, 20:33   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
If you have a pressure washer why dont you foam wash it as it will take same amount of time and effort.Further you can add a layer of protection if you want in every wash by using ceramic infused shampoos ( Gyeon Bathe + is a very good product).
The steps you mentioned just fall shy of a regular wash in terms of effort hence this suggestion.Plus a regular wash is a safer option and less complicated.
Water less/Rinse less washes are mainly for those who have limited access to water which doesn't seem to be in your case.
Black colored vehicles are dust magnets so you will have to start living with it i am afraid. Perhaps using a Jopasu duster to get rid of that light dirt more frequently will be more efficient IMHO.

Ah alright, I thought it would help prevent water spots if I used this instead of regular shampoo. Like if it dries before I can wipe every nook and cranny. Does it leave any residue if not wiped off properly or if it starts to rain the middle?

It's mainly the dirt from rain and highway trips souring my experience. It doesn't go away with just pressure washing. Need to give it atleast a gentle rub with the microfiber. My regular 3M shampoo doesn't seem to be all that great either.

Last edited by Cresterk : 22nd June 2023 at 20:36.
Old 22nd June 2023, 21:04   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Spray Foam using the pressure washer first , then rinse off with pressure washer, given the polishing done on the paint it would be mostly clean at this time. Now spray ProKlear generously on the wet car and wipe off with a drying towel.

When it's very dirty you need to use a wash mitt after the rinse and rinse again of course.
Spoke to the detailer today. Apparently I need to spray Proklear manually on each panel and wipe it off instead of just putting it in the pressure washer foamer like I was hoping to do. I am not at all familiar with rinseless/waterless products so looks like my idea was way off.

However, he did mention that I could keep this in reserve for when I want to spot clean a dirty panel without having to spray water which would splash everywhere and necessitate careful removal else will cause water spots. That sounds like a good idea rather than having to wash the whole car. Could probably carry a pre-mixed solution too when I'm out and about to spray on bird droppings and the like.

The hood and sunroof is what mainly gives me trouble. Hard to clean them without water dripping on to the rest of the car and then me having to wipe them off too. I was hoping to reduce the labour involved, especially where I have to bend over.

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-img_0306-2.jpg

This is another area that gets dirty often and doesn't go away with just pressure washing.

Last edited by Cresterk : 22nd June 2023 at 21:07.
Old 22nd June 2023, 21:23   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Ah alright, I thought it would help prevent water spots if I used this instead of regular shampoo. Like if it dries before I can wipe every nook and cranny. Does it leave any residue if not wiped off properly or if it starts to rain the middle?

It's mainly the dirt from rain and highway trips souring my experience. It doesn't go away with just pressure washing. Need to give it atleast a gentle rub with the microfiber. My regular 3M shampoo doesn't seem to be all that great either.
Couple of suggestions to solve your problem:-

1. First things first change your shampoo.3m Shampoo is PH Balanced shampoo and though it will work i would advise using a Ph Neutral shampoo on a coated car.
Try to source a shampoo from the same manufacturer as the coating manufacturer (Provided they manufacturer one, Most of the manufacturers do but some most).
My vehicle is coated and i use a shampoo from the same manufacturer. If you dont want to do all that research then I can recommend a few and you can chose anyone of them:-
1. Gyeon Bathe(Ph Neutral and very easy to use)
2. Gyeon Bathe+(Ph Neutral with Ceramic Infused and adds a layer of protection every time you wash)
3. Carpro Reset(Ph Neutral)

2. If you have a foam gun then all the better you can buy foam shampoos which makes the cleaning even easier.You can google and buy a car shampoo from a reputed brand.

3.If the water you are using is hard then there is a possibility of water spotting but it can be avoided bu washing 1 side at a time so that neither the soap dries out and neither you get water spots.

4. Try to wash the car under shade and away from strong winds that will further reduce the chances of spotting.

5. With water less washes if you dont use proper dilution ratio then there are chances of soap residual on the paint.

6. Wash a full section at a time( 1 Door panel and fender) etc. and then move to next panel if you fear water spotting.

7. DO NOT and i repeat DO NOT perform a water less wash on a dirty car which has been through rain and mud. Water less washes are ONLY to be used for mildly dirty surface.You will scratch the paint bad if you do it.

Overall for your issue I would suggest using a Ceramic infused shampoo as that will give your paint protection and cleanliness in a single step with minimal effort.
You are mixing the purpose and result of a Water less Wash with a full blown wash. Both have their own use cases and you have to switch between both depending upon how dirty your car is.
The pic which you shared above screams a full wash and not a water less wash.

Last edited by Artyom : 22nd June 2023 at 21:30.
Old 22nd June 2023, 21:41   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Couple of suggestions to solve your problem:-

1. First things first change your shampoo.3m Shampoo is PH Balanced shampoo and though it will work i would advise using a Ph Neutral shampoo on a coated car.
Try to source a shampoo from the same manufacturer as the coating manufacturer (Provided they manufacturer one, Most of the manufacturers do but some most).

1. Gyeon Bathe(Ph Neutral and very easy to use)
2. Gyeon Bathe+(Ph Neutral with Ceramic Infused and adds a layer of protection every time you wash)
3. Carpro Reset(Ph Neutral)
Is there a difference between Ph balanced and Ph neutral?
I have a ceramic coating by carpro (finest reserve) so I guess I could go with carpro reset. I am curious about gyeon bathe+ because of the added Si02.

Quote:
DO NOT and i repeat DO NOT perform a water less wash on a dirty car which has been through rain and mud. Water less washes are ONLY to be used for mildly dirty surface.You will scratch the paint bad if you do it.

Overall for your issue I would suggest using a Ceramic infused shampoo as that will give your paint protection and cleanliness in a single step with minimal effort.
You are mixing the purpose and result of a Water less Wash with a full blown wash. Both have their own use cases and you have to switch between both depending upon how dirty your car is.
The pic which you shared above screams a full wash and not a water less wash.
Ah got it, many thanks. My car ends up in this condition every 2 days so looks like I am in for some back breaking work every weekend.
Old 22nd June 2023, 22:04   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Is there a difference between Ph balanced and Ph neutral?
I have a ceramic coating by carpro (finest reserve) so I guess I could go with carpro reset. I am curious about gyeon bathe+ because of the added Si02.
There is a difference in acidity or something like that and as such its harsher on paint than a Ph neutral shampoo . That's the difference based upon my knowledge. Its not a hard a fast rule to use a Ph Neutral shampoo but if you are coating a vehicle with a top of the line coating then its inhumane to treat it with harsh chemicals. Talk to your detailer and he can recommend you a suitable car shampoo.Gyeon Bathe + is a excellent product and works on all coated cars so you dont have to worry.There are other brands also offering ceramic infused shampoos as well.
Old 22nd June 2023, 23:08   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Spoke to the detailer today. Apparently I need to spray Proklear manually on each panel and wipe it off instead of just putting it in the pressure washer foamer like I was hoping to do. I am not at all familiar with rinseless/waterless products so looks like my idea was way off.
Given you have black vehicle that is polished.

Proklear should be used for light dust only, if you can visibly see sand and grime or if you have driven through the rain - do not dry wash with ProKlear please. I have been using ProKlear for a long time, I would not do that.

Incase I confused you earlier , the first step I mentioned earlier is foam - as in foam shampoo using pressure washer, then pressure rinse with water followed by spraying Proklear on the wet vehicle and wiping off dry with a large drying towel. This is an easy way to get the vehicle clean while reducing swirl marks.

The standard way of using ProKlear is to dry wash , panel by panel but as I mentioned earlier, not to be done on black detailed vehicle unless it's light dust.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 14:10   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a difference in acidity or something like that and as such its harsher on paint than a Ph neutral shampoo . That's the difference based upon my knowledge. Its not a hard a fast rule to use a Ph Neutral shampoo but if you are coating a vehicle with a top of the line coating then its inhumane to treat it with harsh chemicals. Talk to your detailer and he can recommend you a suitable car shampoo.Gyeon Bathe + is a excellent product and works on all coated cars so you dont have to worry.There are other brands also offering ceramic infused shampoos as well.
Talked to the detailer. He said I can use an expensive Si02 infused shampoo if I wanted. The cheaper stuff won't do any harm either. Looking at the specifications for capro finest reserve, I have to agree. It states Ph protected from 3-13Ph.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 01:29   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Talked to the detailer. He said I can use an expensive Si02 infused shampoo if I wanted. The cheaper stuff won't do any harm either. Looking at the specifications for capro finest reserve, I have to agree. It states Ph protected from 3-13Ph.
Decided to come back and correct this one after some research. Ceramic coatings may be resistant to certain PH levels but that doesn't mean they are completely immune. Better to stick to PH levels closer to 6-8.

I bought the ProKlear WFC and it seems to be working decently well. It works very well for getting rid of bird bombs or tree sap from the ceramic coat without having to spray water and then having to wipe down an entire side. What I am doing is holding a microfibre rag a bit beneath the spot I am spraying Proklear at to catch all the drops that would run down. This allows me to spot clean and spot wipe without worrying about runny marks.
Old 4th July 2023, 00:22   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Decided to come back and correct this one after some research. Ceramic coatings may be resistant to certain PH levels but that doesn't mean they are completely immune. Better to stick to PH levels closer to 6-8.

I bought the ProKlear WFC and it seems to be working decently well. It works very well for getting rid of bird bombs or tree sap from the ceramic coat without having to spray water and then having to wipe down an entire side. What I am doing is holding a microfibre rag a bit beneath the spot I am spraying Proklear at to catch all the drops that would run down. This allows me to spot clean and spot wipe without worrying about runny marks.
Ph Level 7 s Ph Neutral .
That was the reason for me recommending all those shampoos as they are Ph Neutral.
ProKlear WFC is known to be more affective against stubborn dirt and that's why you see it working effectively against acidic and stubborn spots.
Its stronger than the regular Proklear water less/rinse less wash.
Old 11th July 2023, 11:19   #89
BHPian

Gents
I've been using the Proklear waterless wash concentrate with the ShineX pro handheld sprayer for past couple of months. While the cleaning results are satisfactory, I end up using upto 10-12 good quality decent sized microfiber towels (50 x 80 cm size) per wash (XUV700). These towels have to washed later on using water , and there isn't ANY water saving involved whatsoever; which was the primary motive for shifting to this.
The towels get soaking wet and start leaving fluid on the surface so trying to reduce the number of towels hasn't worked.
Been using the prescribed ratio of concentrate to water only.
This just appears to shift the water wastage from public view to private washrooms.

Is this how it's supposed to be? Or what am I doing wrong?
Vtach is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 18:08   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
That's a nice way to wipe a car clean.
I am using the water less wash from Wavex. For Wavex they provide a small 500 ml spray bottle from which the concentrate and water mix is sprayed onto the car. Though sufficient, it's tiresome to keep spraying from a small bottle again and again repeatedly.

Attachment 2080604

However after seeing your process, spraying foam and concentre mixture seems to be a better idea.
One query.
The foam sprayer you are using, is it universal type or anything specific?
Hey man, how is this Wavex one compared to Proklear?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks