Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2021, 21:07   #61
BHPian

Re: The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramprakashr View Post

2. This is regarding my Venus foamer. Some how it doesn't build pressure/foam after the water reaches close to the 450-500ml mark. Have any of you observed similar behaviour? Have to use 25% of the solution without foaming it because of this - I have been using the un-foamed liquid on the tyres and alloys now.
I have observed this as well. Although in my case, the pressure was building up but the solution wasn't coming out. This happens when there is only 450-500ml of solution left in the container. To use this remaining part, try to keep the foamer as perpendicular as possible to the ground. I have noticed that although it is advertised as a 360-degree foamer, it isn't exactly the case.

Also note, the lesser the liquid, the more the number of pumps are required. When the level of the solution reaches near 500ml approximately 40-50 pumps are required.

Another tip is to keep the seals well lubricated with the silicon oil provided in the kit. There are two oil seals that are required to be lubricated.

One in each of the 3 nozzles

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-whatsapp-image-20210517-9.00.55-pm.jpeg

And one in the main cap

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-whatsapp-image-20210517-9.00.54-pm.jpeg

I hope this helps.
Abhishek.
abhi9044 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 11:01   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramprakashr View Post
1. Inspite of immediate buffing with the dry micro fibre cloth, there were water drip marks in 3-4 places in different places. This seems to be the Achilles heel of this setup. But definitely liveable given the shine you get with just close to two litres of water and 20+10ml of concentrates.

2. This is regarding my Venus foamer. Some how it doesn't build pressure/foam after the water reaches close to the 450-500ml mark. Have any of you observed similar behaviour? Have to use 25% of the solution without foaming it because of this - I have been using the un-foamed liquid on the tyres and alloys now.
Thanks for reading and stay safe!
My 2 cents:-

1. Are you doing a waterless wash in the open or in the sun. That could be one of the reasons. Also, I am assuming that you are doing one panel at a time. Can you also try to use soft water or water from the RO as hard water can cause this . You can also try to reduce the dilution ratio and then check if it makes a difference.

2.I haven't observed it closely but I wouldn't be surprised if this is an issue. I am not sure if it makes a difference but pumping it around 75% of what you regularly pump creates a better foam than pumping it all the way to the max .. Try changing the foaming tip and see if it makes a difference.
Old 18th May 2021, 12:54   #63
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone recently been able to order WFC from any online source? I have been checking Amazon for past month and it is always unavailable. Same story on Flipkart too. Where to find this elusive product?
Old 18th May 2021, 13:37   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Has anyone recently been able to order WFC from any online source? I have been checking Amazon for past month and it is always unavailable. Same story on Flipkart too. Where to find this elusive product?
Well this elusive product has been in and out of stock on Flipkart 90% of the time.
Even i contemplated the same situation and ordered 2 bottles in the past.
I would say set an notify me alert on Flipkart and that should be the best chance to get hold of one.I havent seen it on Amazon even once being in stock.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 13:42   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Well this elusive product has been in and out of stock on Flipkart 90% of the time.
Even i contemplated the same situation and ordered 2 bottles in the past.
I would say set an notify me alert on Flipkart and that should be the best chance to get hold of one.I havent seen it on Amazon even once being in stock.
You are right. I talked to their customer service rep and he said they are having problems with Amazon warehouses. Starting 24th May WFC will be available only on Flipkart - which is when lockdowns in Chennai end (he confirmed they had the stock, just waiting for lockdown to end).
Too bad because lockdowns in my place are till 31st so Flipkart will omit my zipcode from deliverable locations. And seeing how this is in demand, by the time our lockdown ends WFC will be out of stock again.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 23:42   #66
BHPian

Since this is an active thread, I felt it is the right place to drop my feedback here.

I too recently bought the Proklear waterless wash with Carnauba Wax (as opposed to the one without wax)

Using it and cleaning action is excellent. It does exactly as advertised. But one thing I felt nobody has pointed out is that if you use it on your windshield and don't buff it really thoroughly and I mean * really really * thoroughly, it will cause unnecessary condensation on the glass.

I noticed when it rained and I used the wipers, the thin film of water that evaporates after the wiper action took noticeably longer to do so. Even if it isn't raining and it's a humid environment, the areas of the windshield where I hadn't buffed properly had condensation.

I wonder if this is only true in humid areas.

So I recommend using a window glass cleaner separately, or if you use additives in your washer fluid, just squirt that and wipe, works just as well.

Also, if you're short on time and just want to give your car a quick wipe, go for a product without wax, which does not need buffing.

The wax does help with shine and subsequent Jopasu duster cleanings as the dust doesn't stick but again, only if you buff it well which takes more effort and time.

I hope this is helpful.

Last edited by Aditya : 27th October 2022 at 07:47. Reason: Typos
ibisbrew is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 20:31   #67
BHPian

Hello Folks,

anyone tried Wavex foam sprayer? Any feedback is much appreciated.
Old 23rd August 2022, 00:45   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post
Hello Folks,

anyone tried Wavex foam sprayer? Any feedback is much appreciated.
ShineXPro and ECO365 both have come up with their foam sprayers which seem to be robust and reasonably priced.
I feel the ShineXPro is the best of the lot for the foaming purpose.
I am using the Kwazer Venus sprayer so cant comment.
Old 19th March 2023, 06:08   #69

Is it okay to use these concentrates for cars with full body PPF ?
Old 19th March 2023, 10:13   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheLine View Post
Is it okay to use these concentrates for cars with full body PPF ?
I dont see any harm in using it on PPF as its a mild cleaning agent and nothing more.
Old 19th March 2023, 10:22   #71

Quote:
I dont see any harm in using it on PPF as its a mild cleaning agent and nothing more.
Ah okay. That's great to hear ! I'm worried because I'm the car guy in my family and if anything happens to the car i will be questioned first So I just wanted to know. Thanks for the help !
Old 19th March 2023, 22:36   #72
BHPian

Never knew there is a separate thread on ProKlear SFC

Using it ever since I got the pressure washer with great results especially for the price. Love the smell as well.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...re-washer.html (Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer)

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-img_2428.jpg

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-img_2918.jpg
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 23:38   #73
VIZ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Never knew there is a separate thread on ProKlear SFC
This thread is regarding WFC ( Waterless foam concentrate) and not SFC. Both are different products.
By the way, do you waterwash after applying SFC or just wipe off with a MF cloth?
Old 7th May 2023, 00:28   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post
This thread is regarding WFC ( Waterless foam concentrate) and not SFC. Both are different products.
By the way, do you waterwash after applying SFC or just wipe off with a MF cloth?
Woops ! Never knew something like WFC exists

Water wash is of course needed as the suds cannot be cleaned with a microfiber alone, like while using ONR. My normal ritual is :
  • Wash car with pressure washer to remove surface dirt
  • Use SFC on wet car
  • Wipe using microfiber cloth to remove sticky grime
  • Wash the car again using the pressure washer
  • Dry using Meguiar's water magnet
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 00:25   #75
VIZ
BHPian

Quote:
6.Swipe the panel with a Microfiber cloth followed by buffing with a dry microfiber towel.
How do you wipe off foam which gets into the panel gaps and other crevices? You can see foam below the headlight crevices in the attached image.
When they dry off, it creates a film.
Attached Thumbnails
The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-pxl_20230510_1251473192.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks