Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2020, 11:53   #1
BHPian

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)

I had relocated to my hometown Punjab for a few months and brought along my detailing supplies to ensure Artom is well taken care of.
The quantity of Carpro Ech02 it seems was not enough and so I was looking for an alternative that can be shipped fast.
This time I decided to try an Indian brand (Variety is the spice of life Eh).

Why Proklear WFC?
-Lots of positive reviews online.
-Reasonably priced.
-Bonus item is the Foamer attachment you get with the packaging
-This product though a waterless wash is focussed more on stubborn dirt and grime as againt light ones which is the USP for regular waterless concentrates.
-Foaming is more effective in cleaning and ensures less scratches.

PLEASE NOTE I am no way associated with the brand and all the views are of my own.Members are free to disagree/correct me.

Price
500 Inr for a 500 ML bottle which includes a Foam nozzle

Look/Touch
Its a viscous dark blue liquid with nice fragrance.

Availability
Amazon.in(As of Today it shows Out of Stock)
Flipkart (Available as of today)

How is it Different
-Can clean Heavy dirt and Grime which is usally not the case with regular waterless wash concentrates.
-Comes bundled with a Foam nozzle which no other brand offers.
-Reasonable price to performance ratio in my opinion.

Test subject
-Dad's Honda City(2008) Maroon color
-Vehicle has been sparingly maintained(No detailing whatsoever)

Dilution Ratios
-5Ml \500 Ml Water
-The same ratio is used in the regular Proklear Waterless wash FYI.

Process Followed
1.Removed the metal sprayer nozzle from the existing sprayer.
2.Applied some tape on the sparyer nose followed by fitting of the foam sprayer nozzle which came with the packaging.
PLEASE NOTE -Once you remove the metal sprayer nozle you cannot fit it back as in the fit wont be perfect and might leak.
In my case the nozzle was anyways damaged so i did not try to put it back.
3.10Ml of product followed by 1 litre of distilled water in the sprayer.
4.Shake the sprayer well and pump it to generate pressure.
5.Spray a panel at a time and let the foam drip down carrying all the dust and grime.
6.Swipe the panel with a Microfiber cloth followed by buffing with a dry microfiber towel.

How easy is the application?
-Based upon my testing the foam generated is acceptable in the sense it will drip down and carry all the muck.
-The amount of foam generated is dependent on the amount of pumping.As in with maximum pressure the viscosity of the foam is less but acceptable than if you pump it around 75% which generates thicker foam.
-In my opinion the amount of effort is not that big of deal considering the quality of the foam you get in either case.

How economical

- 5ml of concentrate is enough to cover a sedan.

Protection
-None for the standalone product.
-For added shine & protection Proklear recommends adding some Proklear Carnuba wax waterless concentrate.

Overall Impressions
-The concentrate does a really good job and I could hardly find any difference in the outcome when using proklear as against ONR.Even if there is, the price point makes for it.
-A regular foam washer costs you around 5k+ where as this foam nozzle costs you nothing .I am in no way comparing the performance of both but if you look at the economics even with part of the performance which is acceptable in my opinion it is a vfm product.The closest comparison is the Ik 1.5 Litre foamer which costs 3.5 k.
-I have seen videos on youtube on how to convert a regular sprayer to a foam sprayer and i have tried it with no success.Its too messy.This nozzle is plug and play.
-I wont be suprised if other foam washing products might fare well with this setup.
-The surface is slick to touch post cleaning and leaves a nice fragrance.
-For 500 bucks what it offers is more than acceptable.
Attached Thumbnails
The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-20201115_085324.jpg  

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-20201115_085350.jpg  

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-20201115_092901.jpg  

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-20201115_085701.jpg  

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-20201115_085731.jpg  

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-20201115_085747.jpg  

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-20201115_090351.jpg  

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-20201115_091225.jpg  

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-20201115_091347.jpg  

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-20201115_091523.jpg  

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-20201115_091735.jpg  

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-20201115_091946.jpg  

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-20201115_092122.jpg  

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-20201115_092310.jpg  

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-20201115_092727.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Artyom : 15th November 2020 at 12:05.
Artyom is offline   (70) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 20:15   #2
MSC
BHPian

re: The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)

That's a nice way to wipe a car clean.
I am using the water less wash from Wavex. For Wavex they provide a small 500 ml spray bottle from which the concentrate and water mix is sprayed onto the car. Though sufficient, it's tiresome to keep spraying from a small bottle again and again repeatedly.

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-screenshot_20201115201206.jpg

However after seeing your process, spraying foam and concentre mixture seems to be a better idea.
One query.
The foam sprayer you are using, is it universal type or anything specific?
MSC is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 20:20   #3
BHPian

I have the same question. What is the foam/water sprayer that you are using? I see some garden sprayers on amazon. Would that be sufficient or is it a special type?
anandhsub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 20:35   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
That's a nice way to wipe a car clean.
I am using the water less wash from Wavex. For Wavex they provide a small 500 ml spray bottle from which the concentrate and water mix is sprayed onto the car. Though sufficient, it's tiresome to keep spraying from a small bottle again and again repeatedly.

Attachment 2080604

However after seeing your process, spraying foam and concentre mixture seems to be a better idea.
One query.
The foam sprayer you are using, is it universal type or anything specific?
I am using the universal sprayer for this.So what I have done is I have bought an additional sprayer nozzle (The handle part which contains the pump , handle & nozzle) .When i want to use the regular sprayer i use the regular head with metal nozzle and while using the foam I use the one in the pictures.This process i followed is more effective in coverage what i have observed and saves time.

Last edited by Artyom : 15th November 2020 at 20:52.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 14:01   #5
BHPian

Additional Links on how to use the product and how to attach the foam nozzle.

Artyom is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 11:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

Re: The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)

Quite a novel way there to use the manual sprayer to get the foam. I’ve not used Proklear products personally, but I have heard good reviews of their rinseless wash products.

For me, the rinseless wash products are the best thing as they keep the surroundings neat and prevent excessive water use.
blackwasp is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 21:50   #7
BHPian

Very useful! I use my Euroclean vacuum cleaner's spray bottle for applying foam
Zinda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 00:25   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for sharing. I have used Proklear waterless wash and am impressed with it. A little laborious but gives a decent shine as well. It'd have been so nice for these guys to package a sprayer along with the product (& charge a nominal cost too).
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 09:25   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinda View Post
Very useful! I use my Euroclean vacuum cleaner's spray bottle for applying foam
Can you share some pictures of your setup or the model of your vacccum cleaner.I have one too but not sure how to use it.
Old 19th November 2020, 09:36   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
-Comes bundled with a Foam nozzle which no other brand offers.
Any idea if this foam nozzle can be purchased separately? I had bought 'PROKLEAR® Waterless Dry Car Wash Concentrate RAW Xtreme CX', but that does not have a nozzle in the box.

Any leads would help. Thanks in advance.
Old 19th November 2020, 10:33   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthmadhava View Post
Any idea if this foam nozzle can be purchased separately? I had bought 'PROKLEAR® Waterless Dry Car Wash Concentrate RAW Xtreme CX', but that does not have a nozzle in the box.

Any leads would help. Thanks in advance.
Trust me I have literally searched everywhere and i couldnt find this nozzle being sold seperately.The closest i came was to find the same nozzle being sold on indiamart.in but again that was a wholesale buy .

Infact there are dedicated sprayers with different nozzles for foam and spray but all of them are out of stock or not being manufactured now.

After searching thoroughly and with no option left i placed an order for this one.

Since the product itself advertises as a foam producing concentrate it makes sense to ship a foam nozzle with the packaging.

I am confident that using the regular proklear waterless wash in a manual sprayer with foam nozzle should produce a decent foam.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 10:56   #12
BHPian

Nice, looks interesting. I use Opticoat No Rinse and The Big Red Sponge - expensive - but totally worth it. My car looks like I have detailed it everytime I use this. (The Big Red Sponge by Optimum can literally be used for years and years so I guess the initial investment is worth it. Car garages who use this day in day out for 10-15 cars a day claim they use this for up to 2-3 years before replacing).

Recommend this for anyone who is into a waterless wash.

Will give the foam a try next year some time once the Opticoat finishes.
Old 19th November 2020, 11:17   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Nice, looks interesting. I use Opticoat No Rinse and The Big Red Sponge - expensive - but totally worth it. My car looks like I have detailed it everytime I use this. (The Big Red Sponge by Optimum can literally be used for years and years so I guess the initial investment is worth it. Car garages who use this day in day out for 10-15 cars a day claim they use this for up to 2-3 years before replacing).

Recommend this for anyone who is into a waterless wash.

Will give the foam a try next year some time once the Opticoat finishes.
I wanted to check with you about the Opticoat No Rinse as i was planning to try it next but i am not sure if its worth the price.
Since you are using it can you share some inputs as how is it different from Optimum ONR.
Correct me if i am wrong but isn't ONR and Opticoat from the same manufacturer with Opticoat being their premium range.
Is there a difference in performance as well?

Additionally for other folks on the forum who are interested in buying the nozzle alone below is the screenshot from Indiamart with the exact same product which is being shipped with Proklear WFC
Attached Thumbnails
The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-megh.png  

Artyom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 12:01   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
I wanted to check with you about the Opticoat No Rinse as i was planning to try it next but i am not sure if its worth the price.
Since you are using it can you share some inputs as how is it different from Optimum ONR.
Correct me if i am wrong but isn't ONR and Opticoat from the same manufacturer with Opticoat being their premium range.
Is there a difference in performance as well?
Sorry, no idea how it compares to any of the ONR products. I had bought this from Aquatint detailing studio in Pune after they had detailed my car. Maybe other members can answer this or you could ask Aquatint - I believe they are the authorised reseller for Opticoat in India.

Aquatint thread link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other...tint-pune.html (Detailing Studio - Aquatint (Pune))
s4ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 13:49   #15
BHPian

Thanks Artyom for this thread. Proklear WFC which I bought for use with my skill pressure washer, is still lying around for almost an year as I never got time to try it out. I did not even realize that the nozzle was for use with spray can. I have been sticking to waterless wash with Proklear raw CX only. Your thread has provided a raw CX users a better alternative for dirtier car with a sprayer based model.

For those asking about feedback on Proklear product, I had used Optimum No Rinse (ONR), Ultima Waterless Wash (UWW) and Proklear Raw, Raw CX. I had finally settled for Raw CX as it is pretty comparable and much cheaper. My swift sold after 7 years was still shining (no oxidation) with just regular waterless wash with raw CX. One place where I felt ONR scored better was on black plastics and the way the liquid looks and smell but the premium was high. I am also using Proklear dashboard cleaner and APC concentrate. 3Ms/Megs APC concentrate was slightly better but costly as well.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks