Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2008, 10:58   #46
BHPian

i have been using satguide software and map since 5-6months now..

they are good.. (not perfect).. lot of improvements needed..

btw.. software provided by satnav is destinator6

all the maps needs activation and license key..

if you already have the destinator software on ur ppc then u can just buy the maps from them..

My devices: O2 mini + Holux GPSlim 236 + Satguide (destinator+delhi+All India) + Miomaps (All europe maps)

Regards
Gaurav
Old 31st March 2008, 10:35   #47
BHPian

yes, nav4all

please try out nav4all which is a trial version for all the major phone models. This has route navigation also.
Old 2nd April 2008, 16:46   #48
BHPian

Satnav destinator is very cool indeed. Many inaccuracies though, especially with one-ways. It is a steal if you get it for 5k.

1. GPS helped me park on known road since I realised my destination is 200 meters away, so parked at first available slot

2. I used in BMTC bus twice after dropping cars for servicing. Very useful since I could know my stops approaching

3. Bangalore map throws up surprises many a times with even mud roads available in the database

The point here is GPS is extremely useful even if you can ask for directions in India!
Old 4th April 2008, 11:33   #49
BHPian

hi guys. just checked satguide and looks like it works for s60 also, so phones like nokias n series should technically also work now. but am a bit confused as to what to choose from the list of products to buy. has nayone tried or used this? any feedback?
Old 9th April 2008, 15:23   #50
BHPian

Nav4all is one of the worst GPS navigaition I have seen. It does not allow to use custom keypads and it takes lot of time to find the GPS coordinate and does not find in the end.
Old 12th April 2008, 10:32   #51
BHPian

hi guys.

dont we have to pay for using the satellite for navigation every now and then?????? or is it like we own own a GPS enabled device and we use navigaton for free?

hi megger.

what if i buy a 6110 navigator along with bangalore nokia maps preloaded in it? will it be useful?

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th April 2008 at 13:03. Reason: please use edit if poting within 15 mins
Old 12th April 2008, 13:48   #52
BHPian

Receiving the GPS signal is free, so you don't have to pay anything for the satellite usage, however you have to pay for the softwares. If you use free google maps software, then it is good to have unlimited GPRS plan since it downloads the map realtime using GPRS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullal_h View Post
hi guys.

dont we have to pay for using the satellite for navigation every now and then?????? or is it like we own own a GPS enabled device and we use navigaton for free?

hi megger.

what if i buy a 6110 navigator along with bangalore nokia maps preloaded in it? will it be useful?
Old 12th April 2008, 15:42   #53
BHPian

nokia 6110

thanks mr. gopinathan

i have google maps on my sony ericsson now. but it just catches only the tower signals and gives an approx. location within 1700metres, plus using GPRS is very slow and its charged for every 10Kb. i'm very keen on buying the nokia 6110 navigator, but i wont buy it till i'm sure i can use the GPS navigation for free. i believe it comes with preloaded maps. and i won't have to use GPRS for loading the maps. am i right? pls correct me if i'm wrong. this footage from youtube shows beautiful voice navigation on the 6110.
so i wanted to confirm with you guys whether i can do the same and that i will have to buy only the handset and nothing else additional as in map subscription or anything else in order to use the GPS to full glory

thank you
Old 12th April 2008, 22:38   #54
BHPian

I hope you don't have Internal GPS in your sony mobile. The google map first tries to get a GPS signal, if not uses the GPRS tower to give the approximate location. I also use the mapking software which has preloaded maps, but the problem is it is outdated and it needs to get loaded in the memory because of huge file, so you have to restart the mobile to open the application. I think Nokia 6110 navigator is a bit costly, with the same amount you can get a good Windows mobile with internal GPS receiver
Old 12th April 2008, 22:58   #55
BHPian

I stay in the remote NE region of the country and for here, we don't have detailed maps, so its useless paying for satnav or mapmyindia or any other paid service. What I did was got hooked to mgmaps and am happy. It has the capability to use most online maps (google, yahoo, microsoft, openmaps). I have downloaded google maps for now from level 1 through 17 and it rocks.

I have an HP hw6828 with a BT GPS receiver and I am happy. For other parts of the country (I will mainly require Delhi+NCR) I will download the maps from google and use it.
Old 13th April 2008, 01:03   #56
BHPian

guys. is the GPS usage for free?
Old 13th April 2008, 08:43   #57
v10
BHPian

IS THERE ANY NAVIGATION DVD AVAILABLE TODAY ????

i need it for a nav system installed in the car ( porsche cayenne and merc s class )
Old 21st April 2008, 16:34   #58
BHPian

HI can anyone tell me how good is mapmyindia and sat guide hardware and software, specially the maps for bangalore? thanks.
Old 21st April 2008, 17:37   #59
Team-BHP Support

Now that I am armed with HTC touch, I am looking for GPS solutions that can cover rural areas, as well as let me add my own routes.

1) Which BT GPS receiver is available in India with SiRF III chip?
2) Which map/software provider (using WM6) covers rural India and let me add my own routes?
Old 21st April 2008, 18:03   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Now that I am armed with HTC touch, I am looking for GPS solutions that can cover rural areas, as well as let me add my own routes.

1) Which BT GPS receiver is available in India with SiRF III chip?
2) Which map/software provider (using WM6) covers rural India and let me add my own routes?
Hi Samurai,

I also have an HTC Touch and i am currently using SatGuide One India Map and Mapmyindia's software.

I feel that Mapmyindia has a better rural coverage.

For the the GPS receiver you could try this :

Product Details::

Speed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks