Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2008, 18:36   #61
Senior - BHPian

1) Which BT GPS receiver is available in India with SiRF III chip?

See if you can get one from US. I havent seen any BT GPS SiRF III for less than Rs 5.5K here.

GPS in India | Main / Vendors browse in addition to satguide.

2) Which map/software provider (using WM6) covers rural India and let me add my own routes?

mapmyindia has 2 options - iNav connect and iNav loaded. MapmyIndia - iNav : Mobile Series GPS Navigation

If you have GPRS on your phone, after you have bought the GPS BT device, I suggest you try out the 5 day trial offer on iNav connect in order to check the accuracy of the maps available. AFAIK, they have fantastic coverage of even small rural roads but accuracy is doubtfull. Also, I doubt whether it lets you add your own routes.

Other than mapmyindia, I dont think there is any other option at all for rural India.

Last edited by spadival : 21st April 2008 at 18:40.
Old 13th May 2008, 18:04   #62
BHPian

I had purchased a new 4.3" Navigator with All india map (30 cities detailed). see the snaps, the maps are pretty good and viewing video in this screen is fair.
Attached Thumbnails
Satnav Launches GPS Navigation Software-1.jpg  

Satnav Launches GPS Navigation Software-2.jpg  

Old 13th May 2008, 18:09   #63
BHPian

GPS recivers

You can find GPS recievers at 3.7K at ebay.in
Old 17th May 2008, 21:45   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishad.hameed View Post
You can find GPS recievers at 3.7K at ebay.in
Which navigator is it? Looks like ToMTOM to me. Does TOMTOM work in INdia? And what Maps do you use in your device? Are they MMI?
Old 19th May 2008, 13:36   #65
BHPian

Holux

No, its Holux. Priced at 22K + taxes. uses both MMI and Satguide maps based on the customer choice
Old 22nd September 2008, 10:24   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishad.hameed View Post
I had purchased a new 4.3" Navigator with All india map (30 cities detailed). see the snaps, the maps are pretty good and viewing video in this screen is fair.
Can anyone tell me the version number of the latest Satguide All India map?

Nirmal
Old 22nd September 2008, 10:40   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Other than mapmyindia, I dont think there is any other option at all for rural India.
Does mapmyindia use Destinator 7?
In that case buy any GPS device with Windows CE and just buy destinator 7 software with maps from mapmyindia or satguide or whatever.
Old 22nd September 2008, 10:49   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
In that case buy any GPS device with Windows CE and just buy destinator 7 software with maps from mapmyindia or satguide or whatever.
I have Destinator on a HTC 3300 + Receiver combo for the past 3 years. Recently I upgraded to Destinator 4.3" with 30 city maps like, Nirlalts. The upgraded map is just one map for the whole of India and is pretty good, upgraded and full of useful functions. The accuracy and details is OK in most places.

Yes, Destinator works with any Windows CE. However I've found that in all HTC's Windows 5 much faster than W6 because 6 is RAM intenstive. I think HTC Touch series is W6?

--Ramky
======
Old 22nd September 2008, 11:41   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No. They use some other map format. Navi map or something. They also have software for Windows mobile. But its rubbish.
Old 22nd September 2008, 12:45   #70
BHPian

Quote:
MapMyIndia has their own GPS software and will not run on PDA's. Also this doesnt run on PDA's as far as I know. You need the MapMyIndia device with the maps on SD. However people have made it run on PDAs. But this wouldnt be legal.

MapMyIndia has a version that runs on PDA, but this is with online maps called iConnect. I asked MapMyIndia for an evaluation version of iConnect, but they dont do this.

Nirmal

Last edited by nirmalts : 22nd September 2008 at 12:47.
Old 22nd September 2008, 13:38   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post
MapMyIndia has their own GPS software and will not run on PDA's. Also this doesnt run on PDA's as far as I know. You need the MapMyIndia device with the maps on SD. However people have made it run on PDAs. But this wouldnt be legal.

MapMyIndia has a version that runs on PDA, but this is with online maps called iConnect. I asked MapMyIndia for an evaluation version of iConnect, but they dont do this.

Nirmal
Hello Nirmal,
Mapmyindia also gives navigation software and maps to be used on a GPS enabled phone if you already own one.
iNAV is the range of products that goes on WM and non-WM phones (like, LG, Sony, Nokia etc).
They would give you an SD card loaded with the map and navigator s/w - you can also get them loaded to your own SD card from the CD they give.
I have not explored much about them, but I beleive their licensing policy is stuck to the SD card, I guess they are using device ID (DID) of the SD card rather than that of the mobile device. SatGuide uses DID of the mobile device for licensing purpose.
you can find a brief info here.
MapmyIndia iNav : GPS navigation for mobile phones! Nokia, Blackberry, HTC, ASUS GPS phone navigation software all India

The latest version that I have for SatGuide is as follows.

SatGuide version - V7.0.24.140.3 (recently released one, the one that released after destinator 7.0, has got few addtional features)

Map - SatNav 2008.Q2 V.999 ONEINDIA
Old 16th October 2008, 20:57   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Hello Nirmal,
Mapmyindia also gives navigation software and maps to be used on a GPS enabled phone if you already own one.
iNAV is the range of products that goes on WM and non-WM phones (like, LG, Sony, Nokia etc)...............................is as follows.

SatGuide version - V7.0.24.140.3 (recently released one, the one that released after destinator 7.0, has got few addtional features)

Map - SatNav 2008.Q2 V.999 ONEINDIA
Satnav has just launched the Destinator for Symbian based phones also. Now it can be loaded into Nokias too; the game is getting hotter, would be good for end users, feature and price-wise.

--Ramky
Old 17th October 2008, 17:00   #73
BHPian

I came across this software which looks very good for PDAs.
Tracky
You can use offline maps with GPS positioning so that you don't need a internet connection. To generate offline maps same software used in mgmaps can be utilized here.
Old 18th October 2008, 14:29   #74
BHPian

I would like to use GPS in my car.What is the procedure for it?At present I use a Nokia 6275.I would like to have the cost effective option.
Old 23rd December 2008, 16:32   #75
Senior - BHPian

Got an email today about 2 great offers from SatNav/SatGuide for WinMo phones bundled with SatNav maps:

1) HTC TyTn II (P4550), MRP 36,662 Rs, SatGuide special price 25,999/- Rs all inclusive

(2) HTC P 3300, MRP 24,000 Rs, SatGuide special price 15,999/- Rs all inclusive

I think these are great deals because they come bundled with maps (not sure which ones).

Most Viewed