Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2008, 12:49   #361
BHPian

And is it the same diameter as the regular steering wheel, Hellspawn? Or is it a little smaller? I am not sure if the stalks are sticking out a little more than they do in my stock steering wheel.
Old 2nd August 2008, 02:34   #362

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
Wow! That looks amazing! I am not usually motivated by cosmetic mods, but this one looks neat and comfortable as well.

How does the horn work now, Hellspawn?

Also, is the distance of the steering wheel from your body now same or changed?
Thanks.the button in the centre with MOMO written on it is the horn.
The space has slightly increased.the whole steering/hub combo is thinner and a lighter than the stock steering wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
hellspawn nice steering wheel man. My next obvious question , how much ?
Thanks.11k for the steering and 5k for the hub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
^he posted in another thread 11k for the wheel plus 5k for the hub
Yup...you are observant

Quote:
And is it the same diameter as the regular steering wheel, Hellspawn? Or is it a little smaller? I am not sure if the stalks are sticking out a little more than they do in my stock steering wheel.
No,it is smaller in diameter than the stock steering wheel.the diameter of this wheel is 320mm.

The look like they are sticking out more since this steering wheel is smaller.
Old 2nd August 2008, 10:58   #363
BHPian

That is a really good looking set up you've got there, man.

Reaching the horn may be a bit of an issue. I drive with a swarm of auto rickshaws around most of the time, which makes the horn a car protection device.

But still, the steering wheel (particularly its large diameter) has been just about my only peeve with my Petra. And now you are tempting me with that pic. I have seen this steering wheel before, but never in a Petra. That view is so familiar, its that much more difficult to resist. Great addition.

By the way, do you think it is possible to set it up so that the steering wheel can be closer to the body?
Old 3rd August 2008, 04:33   #364

Quote:
That is a really good looking set up you've got there, man.

Reaching the horn may be a bit of an issue. I drive with a swarm of auto rickshaws around most of the time, which makes the horn a car protection device.

But still, the steering wheel (particularly its large diameter) has been just about my only peeve with my Petra. And now you are tempting me with that pic. I have seen this steering wheel before, but never in a Petra. That view is so familiar, its that much more difficult to resist. Great addition.

By the way, do you think it is possible to set it up so that the steering wheel can be closer to the body?
Thank you.
Actually in my case,i like to drive with one hand on the spoke and it feels more comfortable to drive with an aftermarket steering wheel.In the stock wheel i had to hold it by the rim and reaching the horn was uncomfortable.
And ya,i find the stock wheel ugly IMO.

Go ahead,take the plunge.You can order the hub from MOMO.Its the same one that fits an alfa romeo 156.
And you cant adjust the steering wheel to be closer to your body.
Old 4th August 2008, 10:22   #365
BHPian

Hi Hellspawn. I had never really considered the steering wheel ugly or otherwise, but I always felt it was too wide. And now your pic. :(

I shall check this out someplace. I am tempted to practice driving with minimal hooting.

And you enjoy...
Old 14th August 2008, 00:44   #366
Senior - BHPian

Spotted the Autopsyched palio near ring road.......really liked the body kit and the fit and finish was amazing as usual.
Attached Thumbnails
Palio mods/post all queries and pics here-palio.jpg  

Old 14th August 2008, 00:50   #367
Senior - BHPian

Whoopsie looks like the car has a few dings and scratches now.
Old 14th August 2008, 01:23   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
Thank you.
Actually in my case,i like to drive with one hand on the spoke and it feels more comfortable to drive with an aftermarket steering wheel.In the stock wheel i had to hold it by the rim and reaching the horn was uncomfortable.
And ya,i find the stock wheel ugly IMO.

Go ahead,take the plunge.You can order the hub from MOMO.Its the same one that fits an alfa romeo 156.
And you cant adjust the steering wheel to be closer to your body.
Hellspawn,
Can you provide details like part numbers of the hub & steering wheel?
Where did you buy these from? Address, contact no?
I am really tempted to get this set up!
Thanks,
Old 14th August 2008, 07:07   #369

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMM340 View Post
Hellspawn,
Can you provide details like part numbers of the hub & steering wheel?
Where did you buy these from? Address, contact no?
I am really tempted to get this set up!
Thanks,
You can use any steering wheel as long as you have the right hub.
The part number of the hub from momo is 4035R.
I picked it up from the momo/isotta showroom in bangkok.
Old 15th August 2008, 10:33   #370
Senior - BHPian

Looking to fix a FFE for my adventure.....anyboday has any idea who makes good ffe for palios in Bangalore??
Old 15th August 2008, 10:41   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Looking to fix a FFE for my adventure.....anyboday has any idea who makes good ffe for palios in Bangalore??
Lohit, I would advise you against that for a palio. I would suggests that you go for a CAI first.

Do read RedMM's thread on FFE for his 1.6 GTX.

Nothing wrong about the FFE for the palio, but it is the install that matters in the 1.6 and it's not as simple as in other cars.

just my 2 cents
Old 15th August 2008, 13:08   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Lohit, I would advise you against that for a palio. I would suggests that you go for a CAI first.
And if I may ask why not,some logical reasoning is much appreciated. I know the engine compartment is cramped , but apart from that what makes you say that ?

A CAI/aftermarket filter alone wont make much of a difference IMO, mix it with the FFE and you could actually make out the real difference.

BTW Lohit why don't you PM fellow member Akbaree from bangy, he has gotten a FFE installed in his adventure(?).
Old 15th August 2008, 18:01   #373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... Nothing wrong about the FFE for the palio, but it is the install that matters in the 1.6 and it's not as simple as in other cars.

just my 2 cents
Quote:
And if I may ask why not,some logical reasoning is much appreciated. I know the engine compartment is cramped , but apart from that what makes you say that ? ......
arre riju sir...

If you read my post carefully, you would get the answer (my 2 cents) and in fact you yourself have also mentioned it.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 15th August 2008 at 18:07.
Old 15th August 2008, 20:00   #374
Senior - BHPian

This 1st

Quote:
and then

Quote:
Nothing wrong about the FFE for the palio, but it is the install that matters in the 1.6 and it's not as simple as in other cars.
Contradicting your own statements, 1st you advise against it and then the next sentence you say go for it .

Quote:
If you read my post carefully, you would get the answer (my 2 cents) and in fact you yourself have also mentioned it.
My answer was purely based on problems faced during a FFE install on a palio owned by a colleague. I thought you had something new to share.
Old 15th August 2008, 20:14   #375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This 1st

and then

Contradicting your own statements, 1st you advise against it and then the next sentence you say go for it .

My answer was purely based on problems faced during a FFE install on a palio owned by a colleague. I thought you had something new to share.

Both of us are essentially saying the same thing -- what's so complicated about the post buddy????
My advise for not going for the FFE is also based in the install issues (and NOT per se about the effectiveness of the FFE on the 1.6). I did also mention him to go though RedMM's experience of the FFE install process.

And yes, w.r.t to the contradicting my own words, if you read carefully, my advise is not to go and the second statement was a general/supporting statement about the install intricacies in the FFE and hence not suggesting. Where did i say go for it?

I hope it's clear to you now. . If not then lets discuss this when we meet.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 15th August 2008 at 20:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks