Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2022, 19:12   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market

I've used Xenon Planet's Micro Fogs for about 4 years. Those are HID based and were great. This year, I've shifted to IPH 617 3 color LED lights as I needed yellow lights for foggy days. Both are good and do their job. The XP ones were very costly and cheaper options with HID were available later on. The LED ones I've purchased for Rs. 5500/-

Most important aspect of this is the fitment. It should be done properly and also the wiring.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 24th December 2022 at 19:14.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 14:55   #17
DSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The output of the GTR is slightly better than the IPH as it uses newer generation LEDs as a source. However if tricolour changeability is a criteria (like in my case), IPH is recommended.
Good day Sir,
Thank you for your inputs on this. I am also contemplating changing the stock Fog Lamps on my Tata Harrier XZA, and this is very useful information, and at the right time, for me. How do HIDs compare to LEDs ? And if I were to opt for projector fog lamps with HID bulbs, would you be able to recommend the HID bulbs I should use ?

I must however admit that your note makes me want to just opt for the Bi LED IPH Projectors, with tricolour light option, but do the LEDs at 2700K work well in Fog and Rain ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Any suggestions for Tata Harrier Low, High beam and Fog lamp upgrade options? The present lighting isnt upto the mark as seen in my recent night drives.
Hi Sir,
I'm looking at upgrading the lights on my vehicle - Tata Harrier XZA - too. Request you to kindly share whatever information you get on this subject, with me too, please. Locating a good garage / mechanic who can do a good job of fitting the lights and then aligning them is also important. Lets please share information on this too.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 25th December 2022 at 15:43. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Edit/Quote+ functionality to quote multiple posts.
Old 25th December 2022, 21:53   #18
BHPian

My younger brother got the fogs changed on my honda city zx cvt to the Aozoom bixenon projector lamps and the result is stupendous! These fogs are more powerfull then the headlights of my fortuner 2022! Will try and post pics of the same. I mean these lights on high beam get commercial traffic to move out of your way

Last edited by Born 2 Be Wild : 25th December 2022 at 21:54.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 22:23   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSJ View Post
Good day Sir,
Thank you for your inputs on this. I am also contemplating changing the stock Fog Lamps on my Tata Harrier XZA, and this is very useful information, and at the right time, for me. How do HIDs compare to LEDs ? And if I were to opt for projector fog lamps with HID bulbs, would you be able to recommend the HID bulbs I should use ?

I must however admit that your note makes me want to just opt for the Bi LED IPH Projectors, with tricolour light option, but do the LEDs at 2700K work well in Fog and Rain ?
Yes the intended purpose of 2700k light is to cut fog and it is a golden yellow light (like yellow fog lights). The reason why yellow light is better in fog is that the yellow colour light frequency refracts
and scatters less when it hits the water mist particles of the fog. Other colours in the spectrum on the bluish side scatter a lot more and hence their reach is very less.
(Practically red is the colour which refracts least, but red is reserved for safety lights like tail lights and hence it is never used for fog lights.)
Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-screenshot_2022122522222879_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

On your second query, Sealed beam LED units are now much ahead of HIDs in terms if light output and beam control and you should go in for sealed beam Led units like the IPH M617 or GTR or Aozoom foglights.

Last edited by Behemoth : 25th December 2022 at 22:26.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 09:11   #20
DSJ

Thank you so much for taking the time to review my query and reverting with such a detailed answer - much appreciated. I will indeed go ahead with your recommendation.
Old 26th December 2022, 15:26   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi, if anyone needs GTR fog light projectors in 4300K , they are available at this eshop
https://carconceptsshop.com/products...s-with-bracket
At a rate of 8499
(Select 4300k from the drop down)

They also carry IPHM617 tricolour but seem to be stocked out currently
https://carconceptsshop.com/products...0k-three-color

(i have no connection or reference with this shop and am sharing only for benefit of others)

Last edited by Behemoth : 26th December 2022 at 15:28.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 16:18   #22
DSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
On your second query, Sealed beam LED units are now much ahead of HIDs in terms if light output and beam control and you should go in for sealed beam Led units like the IPH M617 or GTR or Aozoom foglights.
Sir, could you also advise how much these IPHCAR Bi LED Projector Fog Lamps should cost. I connected with Mr. Amit this morning and he quoted me Rs. 8000/- incl. 1 year warranty. Just wanted to understand if this was a correct price, please. Thank you.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 26th December 2022 at 16:33. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
DSJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 17:00   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSJ View Post
Sir, could you also advise how much these IPHCAR Bi LED Projector Fog Lamps should cost. I connected with Mr. Amit this morning and he quoted me Rs. 8000/- incl. 1 year warranty. Just wanted to understand if this was a correct price, please. Thank you.
Well I have seen the price fluctuating quite a lot on these. When I had got them around a year back they were in short supply due to electronics shortages and I had got them for 8200. However later the price went down to 7200 and currently as per my info it is hovering around 7500. But there are multiple importers and they sell at different prices in different cities.

They do sell quite fast as in North India in winter people take these for the 2700k light to have better visibility in fog. After the winter season passes they will most likely drop to a lower price.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th December 2022 at 17:38. Reason: spacing for readability
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 18:46   #24
BHPian

Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
You can go for either IPH M617 - Tricolour or GTR 4300K led projectors. Both are very good and reliable. I have the IPH M617 Tri colour on my Compass and I am very happy with them. I have also seen the GTR projectors and they are also very good.
Nowadays sealed LED projectors are better than Xenon fog projectors. With sealed led projectors you have a perfectly sealed body and an excellent beam pattern. There is also no exposed wiring or fans also to fail and they are much more reliable.
Thanks @Behemoth.
I have ordered a pair of IPH M617 based on several comments in the forum and reading through all your diligent responses for member queries.
However the IPH M617 has been upgraded apparently when i spoke to amit today.
It was being referred to as IPH M617V2 at the end now indicating the upgrade.
Following were some features/issues addressed with the new version.
1) Better led driver inline
2) More brightness
3) Blue lens and clear lens with less thickness
4) No stone chipping coat
5) Color changing has been stabilized.

Thanks ever so much for the responses, awaiting delivery of this upgraded version for my Ford Aspire which should be sometime next week.
aston_martyr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 18:25   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston_martyr View Post
Thanks @Behemoth.

1) Better led driver inline
2) More brightness
3) Blue lens and clear lens with less thickness
4) No stone chipping coat
5) Color changing has been stabilized.

Thanks ever so much for the responses, awaiting delivery of this upgraded version for my Ford Aspire which should be sometime next week.
That's good to know. You will get the upgraded versions
In case of LEDs the efficiency keeps on increasing over the years and you get better leds with more light output for the same power consumption.
These should serve you well. Enjoy and hope that your night drives are much safer now. In my case the difference has been literally night and day
In fact now when I drive my MG hector plus I feel that the original headlights (led projectors) are really bad. I have been itching to upgrade them as well and have bought headlight projectors from Osram - the Osram CBI Pro (these are now officially available in india). But as these are headlight projectors that will be story for a different thread!
Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-img_20221227_193235.jpg

Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-img_20221227_193226.jpg

Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-img_20221227_193216.jpg
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 23:39   #26
BHPian

Upgraded my fogs on Duster Turbo to iPH Car MH 617 Bi LED Fog lamps. Got for 9k inclusive of installation in Jayanagar.

It's single colour (white) and 5500k variant. Performance is very good in dark sections of the stretch I drive. With in city where roads are well lit it was not needed or just didn't outshine.

The stock headlights look dull after LED fog lamps usage. Since mine is projector headlight (low beam) it can't be upgraded. Only high beam lights can be upgraded.

Will be observing and even change the high beam to LEDs if it's not adequate. But concern is white colour headlights which aren't good for incoming traffic, perform bad in rains and scatter excess light.
Ritz2010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 16:23   #27
BHPian

So finally added the iph M617, thanks to Bhpian Behemoth, dr_TJ, Bonecollector and vsrivatsa for their valuable input.

With the varying prices from Rs.5500 to 7000, i finally managed to take some time out and went to Kashmere Gate market at my trusted shop and purchased the fogs tad cheaper plus managed to get hold of OEM like button + relay for my current gen WagonR.

I had decided to install the foglamps as recently while at late night runs i was feeling the lighting to be inadequate with current Philips Rally 100/90 setup which i was running from the past 1.5 year, during Black friday sale on Boodmo i had picked up Osram Rallye Allseason 100/90 to keep as a spare but during the research for foglamps came across a video from Headlight Revolution which stated that Halogen bulbs get weaker with time and the user won't be able to notice it. So I swapped the Philips for the Osrams and the difference was obvious. The Osrams also had some sort of coating that produced a more yellowish light which proved really effective in dense fog encountered on National Highways. My mobile phone was unable to capture the differences between the old Philips and the new Osram, so the pictures were useless.

Sharing the iph M617 output

1. No Lights
Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-no-light.jpeg

2. Low Beam
Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-low-beam.jpeg

3. High Beam
Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-high-beam.jpeg

4. Low Beam Foglamp at 5500k
Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-fog-1.jpeg

5. Low Beam foglamp at 4300k
Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-fog-3.jpeg

6. Low Beam Headlight + Foglamp at 5500k
Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-lb-fog.jpeg

7. High Beam Headlight + Foglamp at 5500k
Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-hbfog.jpeg

I wasn't able to capture the projectors at High beam as i think i managed to knock a grounding point for High beam during engine bay cleaning, will update once i get the High beam functioning. Also haven't shared the 3000K output as the camera was incorrectly making it look more bright than it was.

Last edited by revvharder : 16th January 2023 at 16:26.
revvharder is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 10:01   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz2010 View Post
Upgraded my fogs on Duster Turbo to iPH Car MH 617 Bi LED Fog lamps. Got for 9k inclusive of installation in Jayanagar.
Guys I'm not been given GST bill for this purchase. After purchase I was said there is billing issue and they'll email me the bill later. With payment done I didn't have any choice but to settle for it.

After multiple follow-ups in the first week after my purchase I was given a generic GST bill (with their own fog light name) instead of iPH.

When I requested his (so called) finance guy (whom the owner said will help with bill generation) to share bill for the purchased item and not a generic bill the response I got was "Do whatever you can, only this bill be given".

I reported this thuggish behaviour to owner but I was schooled to be not aggresive for a bill.

It's been a month now and I'm following up twice a week and the owner has some or other reason.

I got a DM requesting for details of shop. I shared the same with owner (to corner) and requested him to share the bill for the product I had purchased. Even that didn't help.

One day he insists the generic bill is enough and warranty holds. Other day he says iPH doesn't give warranty at all and he is giving warranty on his company name I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Now he is asking me send the request via email. Too much bureaucracy in buying a fog lamp.

I will reveal his name if he isn't sharing correct bill even after sending e-mail.
Ritz2010 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 12:24   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz2010 View Post
One day he insists the generic bill is enough and warranty holds. Other day he says iPH doesn't give warranty at all and he is giving warranty on his company name I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Now he is asking me send the request via email. Too much bureaucracy in buying a fog lamp.

I will reveal his name if he isn't sharing correct bill even after sending e-mail.
Actually i had a detailed discussion with one of the major distributor in kashmere gate and he told me that all the dealers offering warranty on these foglamps are just pocketing the money as iPH is imported by several vendors and not by the manufacturer it is upto the dealer to what he offers to the customers. They also told me these aren't going to have any issue throughout the life of your vehicle and that is the reason the dealers are even offering warranty, they are banking on consumer's fear.

Also he probably won't be giving a GST bill as he doesn't file any GST returns and neither does he purchase the Goods with GST credit, so that is the reason for him to dilly dally the invoice.
revvharder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 13:30   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
They also told me these aren't going to have any issue throughout the life of your vehicle and that is the reason the dealers are even offering warranty, they are banking on consumer's fear.
Good to know it'll last. But a warranty of 1 year is so short which lapses in a blink of eye. I've Logitech product which went bad under a year but due to busy schedule I'm yet to submit for replacement/ repair and lapsed a years timeframe. Just learnt Logitech provides 3 years warranty and was glad.

An apple to Orange comparison but bottom line is, how 1 year warranty is really short period and it lapses just like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Also he probably won't be giving a GST bill as he doesn't file any GST returns and neither does he purchase the Goods with GST credit, so that is the reason for him to dilly dally the invoice.
It was GST bill indeed.

I was surprised when he said he has his own product line which he sources from China and Korea and resells under his own brand. Quiet an entrepreneur
Ritz2010 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks