Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2024, 17:31   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market

Quote:
Originally Posted by danger_dude View Post
Hey guys need some help figuring out which projector set up to go for. My options being:

1. The default IPh LED(single color) projector set-up from blaze India. Got a initial price of 5,600rs, left it could come down after a bit of bargaining.

Also keeping in mind, the notorious MVD and their frequent checks which happen in Kerala. Dont want to end up paying multiple challans .

Hope this triggers many more discussions.
If you can up your budget a bit to 8k-9k, you can now get better options than IPH with GTR and Aes. Both have a better beam than IPH and also are higher wattage. You can check out the AES Q8 pro or the GTR F 313

The difference in the light output is 50% more than IPH and the beam is strong and flat with a good hotspot at the place where you need the max light.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 19:50   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Both have a better beam than IPH and also are higher wattage.
The reason why I was tilting way from IPh itself was because of the wattage issue, higher wattage tends to be an easy target for the cops during night patrol. Thats why I inclined more for the replaceable source , where I could change the wattage of the bulbs to a lower one ( it kinda sounds counter intuitive but still )!!! around 30w per bulb.
Old 23rd January 2024, 22:33   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danger_dude View Post
The reason why I was tilting way from IPh itself was because of the wattage issue, higher wattage tends to be an easy target for the cops during night patrol. Thats why I inclined more for the replaceable source , where I could change the wattage of the bulbs to a lower one ( it kinda sounds counter intuitive but still )!!! around 30w per bulb.
It is actually the other way round. A well focused low beam pattern in the fog light projector is less likely to get caught while a bad projector with a lot of light beam spill will easily get caught. From what I have seen here is that fog projectors are rarely caught while led bulbs in reflector fog lights are easily caught. But still the choice is yours ; but my honest opinion is that no replaceable led in a projector fog light can match the beam and focus of a sealed led unit. Those projector fog lights were meant for HIDs and that is what they work best with. For led units you get best results only with led projectors.
Old 7th February 2024, 12:24   #79
BHPian

Any suggestions, which one to pick from AES FX3 and GTR F313? Planning to install in Jimny Zeta. Based on the output of these Fog lamps, I will take a call to upgrade headlight bulb later on.
Old 7th February 2024, 14:14   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChauhanSaurabh View Post
Any suggestions, which one to pick from AES FX3 and GTR F313? Planning to install in Jimny Zeta. Based on the output of these Fog lamps, I will take a call to upgrade headlight bulb later on.
Aes fx3 is better than the GTR 313. But I would suggest that you try the Aes fx2 also, as that has a wider high beam laser. The fx3 has a smaller laser spot (from 2 lasers).
The fx2 is also slightly cheaper.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 14:29   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragasruoban View Post
Right thread at the right time. I am looking to install projector fogs on my Aspire since the stock headlights are nothing to write home about.
I actually first ordered the Projector for Fog Lights and was not happy with the performance, Then I spoke with the seller, and he informed me that he can do fitting by removing the sealed headlight unit and installing the projectors inside them - the problem was that he was in North, and I am in down south.

I asked him to get new headlight unit, install the projectors in them and send them to me. My idea was to dismantle the original Headlight setup that came with the car and use the new projector headlight assembly and whenever selling the car, will remove the projector setup and install the original ones.

When it arrived, the projector came of the shroud in both headlight units and was totally upset for few days, the package was just sitting in the balcony for more than 3 months as I was not trusting anybody in the vicinity for proper installation as the sealant has to be removed again.

Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-aspire1.jpg

When I was looking for something in Gmaps found a person and immediately called him and went to his garage - after taking a look he informed that he could do the re-fitting but the finishing (sealant will not be uniform as it will be second time opened for setup) will not be great, but he promised that no ingress of water or any particle inside. I accepted (I didn't give a heck about the looks, moreover it is going to be under the bonnet) and it was a success.

Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-aspire.jpg

The setup is awesome and rarely use the projector foglights with it. Total damage to the purse - 40-42K, Items listed below.

Projector AES (HID 5500K)
Shroud dual color round Hella
Drl dual color AES
Harness AES
Ford Headlight Shells
Old 8th February 2024, 10:59   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Aes fx3 is better than the GTR 313. But I would suggest that you try the Aes fx2 also, as that has a wider high beam laser. The fx3 has a smaller laser spot (from 2 lasers).
The fx2 is also slightly cheaper.
Thanks for suggesting that. I was also looking at it but it appears to be protruding little too much in front. Do you think these lenses are strong enough to bear the abuse from being closer to roads. May be i am thinking too much

FX2
Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-download.jpg

FX3
Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-download-2.jpg

From past experience of projector setup in my Figo, I learnt the hard way that installer skills are of utmost importance in such things. Since you are in Gurgaon, can you suggest any good installer whose services you might have availed in NCR?

Also any wiring that can support 70W load of FX2? So far I found this.
https://vaishnu.com/product/vaishnu-...ors-617-model/

Last edited by ChauhanSaurabh : 8th February 2024 at 11:14.
ChauhanSaurabh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 11:48   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for suggesting that. I was also looking at it but it appears to be protruding little too much in front. Do you think these lenses are strong enough to bear the abuse from being closer to roads. May be i am thinking too much

FX2
Attachment 2570491

FX3
Attachment 2570490

From past experience of projector setup in my Figo, I learnt the hard way that installer skills are of utmost importance in such things. Since you are in Gurgaon, can you suggest any good installer whose services you might have availed in NCR?

Also any wiring that can support 70W load of FX2? So far I found this.
https://vaishnu.com/product/vaishnu-...ors-617-model/
Sure, Happy to help.
Don't worry about the protrusion in front as it is very mild and is made of hard strong glass. It can easily withstand the brunt of any small stones without issues.

In Gurgaon, you can go with Autobots (I had gotten my Jeep done from them earlier and also my Hector headlight retrofit also done by them).
In Noida you have Uglare and world of service which also does good work.

If your car came with foglamps already (typically 55w halogen), you can use the existing wiring to drive the lights. However if your car did not have fog lamps you will need a wiring kit. Vaishnu is good or you can also go for Aes wiring kits.

Last edited by Behemoth : 8th February 2024 at 11:50.
Old 8th February 2024, 11:58   #84
BHPian

Quote:

In Gurgaon, you can go with Autobots (I had gotten my Jeep done from them earlier and also my Hector headlight retrofit also done by them).
In Noida you have Uglare and world of service which also does good work.

If your car came with foglamps already (typically 55w halogen), you can use the existing wiring to drive the lights. However if your car did not have fog lamps you will need a wiring kit. Vaishnu is good or you can also go for Aes wiring kits.
Good part is Jimny Zeta does not come with fog lamp wiring so its a greenfield to install a higher rated wire altogether.

So these guys Autobots and Uglare do install other projectors as well? I was under the impression that Uglare does their own brand only and Autobots do only XP. World of Service is somewhere I used to frequent during Punto days. If they are into such installation as well now, then it works great. As they are hardly few minutes from my place.

Any link to buy AES wiring?
Old 8th February 2024, 12:20   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Good part is Jimny Zeta does not come with fog lamp wiring so its a greenfield to install a higher rated wire altogether.

So these guys Autobots and Uglare do install other projectors as well? I was under the impression that Uglare does their own brand only and Autobots do only XP. World of Service is somewhere I used to frequent during Punto days. If they are into such installation as well now, then it works great. As they are hardly few minutes from my place.

Any link to buy AES wiring?
As you are based in Noida you can go with World of service.
For the aes fx2 and the wiring kit you can get it directly from Blaze India (Amit) who are direct importers for the Aes products. You can find their contact details on Facebook and Insta.
Old 8th February 2024, 13:11   #86

Hello Bhpian's

This thread is just what i was looking for and I thank all the contributor's here for sharing valuable inputs on GTR , AZoom & AES.

I have a Honda City Hybrid - ZX and i understand basically 3" projector head lamps is what i can fix in the car to upgrade.

Car purchase is Jan,24 and already 1500km on odo with a long 1200km ride. Headlamp throw is weak and clearly needs an upgrade. The only question coming to my mind is for warranty. I have a 5 year warranty which totally is precious at this moment.

I Request - Does anyone experience as to whether the warranty is void if we install projector foglamps from aftermarket stores, are there any do's & dont's during installation which shall be monitored to save the warranty.

Thanking You All
JivrajkaG
Old 8th February 2024, 13:42   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivrajkag View Post
Hello Bhpian's

This thread is just what i was looking for and I thank all the contributor's here for sharing valuable inputs on GTR , AZoom & AES.

I have a Honda City Hybrid - ZX and i understand basically 3" projector head lamps is what i can fix in the car to upgrade.

Car purchase is Jan,24 and already 1500km on odo with a long 1200km ride. Headlamp throw is weak and clearly needs an upgrade. The only question coming to my mind is for warranty. I have a 5 year warranty which totally is precious at this moment.

I Request - Does anyone experience as to whether the warranty is void if we install projector foglamps from aftermarket stores, are there any do's & dont's during installation which shall be monitored to save the warranty.

Thanking You All
JivrajkaG
Well it depends on the manufacturer and some are really finicky and don't allow projector fitment. In my case Jeep never had any objection when I installed IPH led projectors on mine. However others like Honda and Kia are finicky.
What you can do is to keep the installation fully reversible so that in case you have any electrical issues or when you go for service, get the oe fog lights installed and remove the projectors. Make sure that the new projectors are plug and play with proper connectors. I also don't recommend a high beam tap of the headlight wire as that is risky and will void warranty. Also make sure that the projector you buy does not exceed the original fog light by more than 10-15w as that is normally ok.
Old 8th February 2024, 22:20   #88

@behemoth
Total Thanks to you for the crisp response. The high beam tap suggestion is something experience can teach us

I am considering Azoom because company associated store Sound Fx in is Andheri East - Mumbai pretty close by if any other reliable installation points / brands please share leads.

Quote:
Well it depends on the manufacturer and some are really finicky and don't allow projector fitment. In my case Jeep never had any objection when I installed IPH led projectors on mine. However others like Honda and Kia are finicky.
What you can do is to keep the installation fully reversible so that in case you have any electrical issues or when you go for service, get the oe fog lights installed and remove the projectors. Make sure that the new projectors are plug and play with proper connectors. I also don't recommend a high beam tap of the headlight wire as that is risky and will void warranty. Also make sure that the projector you buy does not exceed the original fog light by more than 10-15w as that is normally ok.
Old 14th March 2024, 20:03   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for suggesting that.
In continuation to this, I went ahead with this. Installed AES FX2 fog lamps in my Zeta Jimny. Got the wiring kit from Vaishnu.

Before using dipper at 11sec mark its just the fog light. I have configured the laser to work with high beam. The laser isn't as yellow as its coming up. Its primarily because of headlamp H4 halogen bulbs.

I do not even feel the need for headlights now. But it seems just for the sake of color coordination between headlight and fogs I might swap headlight bulbs.
Old 9th April 2024, 13:25   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
So finally added the iph M617, thanks to Bhpian Behemoth, dr_TJ, Bonecollector and vsrivatsa for their valuable input.

With the varying prices from Rs.5500 to 7000, i finally managed to take some time out and went to Kashmere Gate market at my trusted shop and purchased the fogs tad cheaper plus managed to get hold of OEM like button + relay for my current gen WagonR.
Where did you get the OEM type switch for you fog lamp, what brand is it? Planning to fit fog lamps on my Celerio, but want to keep it stock. Please guide!

Last edited by KarthikK : 9th April 2024 at 13:45. Reason: Trimming the quoted post for better readability. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks