Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2023, 01:44   #46
BHPian

Re: Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumiksett View Post
Is there any warranty? I am concerned as because of Maxxlink is chinese company.

Can you provide me the address of the shop?

Thanks
Yes they have provided with a 1 year warranty. You can search Glix, salt lake in GMaps, AD76, sector 1
jackofsome is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 09:58   #47
BHPian

I had used IPH Projector with Osram Premium HID with 4300k output for our Ciaz. It has served me well for last couple of years.lately, noticed fog cover melting and solenoid shutter issue.

The search begins, browsed couple of forums and shortlist Blaze India vendor. Got in touch with Mr. Amit, he is quite knowledgeable in car lighting. He has recommended AES Bi-Led Q8 Pro Tri-colour Projector Fog Lamps with 1 year warrenty.
The Tri-colour led output is 3000k, 4300k and 5500k.

A detail review of the lamp will be posted shortly.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-img20230603wa0004.jpg  

Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-img20230603wa0005.jpg  

Last edited by Gurudatta Nayak : 6th June 2023 at 10:00. Reason: Add line
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 14:09   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
I had used IPH Projector with Osram Premium HID with 4300k output for our Ciaz. It has served me well for last couple of years.lately, noticed fog cover melting and solenoid shutter issue.

The search begins, browsed couple of forums and shortlist Blaze India vendor. Got in touch with Mr. Amit, he is quite knowledgeable in car lighting. He has recommended AES Bi-Led Q8 Pro Tri-colour Projector Fog Lamps with 1 year warrenty.
The Tri-colour led output is 3000k, 4300k and 5500k.

A detail review of the lamp will be posted shortly.
Hello, awaiting your review on these. I want to pick these up for my 2023 swift but I'm concerned for the car's warranty. Is there any way I can install these without voiding the warranty? Also Amit mentioned to me that these are 100% plug and play but then how do you toggle the high beams on the fogs without taping into any other existing wire?
createrkid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 02:16   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post
I was looking for some good Fog LED projectors for my new Scorpio N.

The installer had a very good youngster who made a special clamp that could hold the fog lamps in place. He cut the grill a little bit so that only the bulb is seen outside.
This is real nice setup , congratulations. I’m looking for something similar and can use your help if you can please share the details on installer , I’m more specifically interested in bracket and the clamp that was used to install these lamps. Please DM me if you can , appreciate your help in advance !!
Thank you
Old 21st June 2023, 23:53   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Hello, awaiting your review on these. I want to pick these up for my 2023 swift but I'm concerned for the car's warranty. Is there any way I can install these without voiding the warranty? Also Amit mentioned to me that these are 100% plug and play but then how do you toggle the high beams on the fogs without taping into any other existing wire?
Will post the review this weekend. I have connected the highbeam cables to connector directly without splicing the cable.

Yes, this Foglamps are plug and play. Thanks to Amit, he has guided me during the installation process.

I am satisfied with my purchase decision
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 13:42   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post

https://Youtu.be/pwjIKud9Nws

This was not taken in pitch dark but in spite of that, you can see how powerful these are. The best part is that these are not pure white lights which helps immensely.
I must say that these projector fog lights are neatly installed and the output is also really good.

I also own Scorpio N Z4 D AT and I was looking for similar kind of set up as Z4 doesn't have fog lamps and the throw of stock headlight is very poor.

Only one question- can these projector fog lights be fitted in the fog lamp Basel provided in Z4?
Old 15th July 2023, 00:34   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool-Shine View Post
I must say that these projector fog lights are neatly installed and the output is also really good.

I also own Scorpio N Z4 D AT and I was looking for similar kind of set up as Z4 doesn't have fog lamps and the throw of stock headlight is very poor.

Only one question- can these projector fog lights be fitted in the fog lamp Basel provided in Z4?
As a matter of fact, yes. I may be able to source the old school C shaped DRL with a housing for 3 inch fogs - and YES, these will fit them. I remember seeing them when I went to get my Z6 done. I now have a Z8 and am considering the same 3 inch projects with mods in the grill of the Z8.
wooka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 07:43   #53
BHPian

Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston_martyr View Post
Thanks @Behemoth.

Thanks ever so much for the responses, awaiting delivery of this upgraded version for my Ford Aspire which should be sometime next week.
Hello Sir, I'm looking to purchase the same for my Ford Aspire. How's the fitment and LED performance? Can the high beam be wired to these fog lights without splicing the current wiring?
Old 23rd July 2023, 08:27   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragasruoban View Post
Hello Sir, I'm looking to purchase the same for my Ford Aspire. How's the fitment and LED performance? Can the high beam be wired to these fog lights without splicing the current wiring?
Hello,
Performance had been excellent for the last 6 months. No issues with installing the fog lamps and no need to splice wiring for high beam you can directly connect them to the headlight relay.
aston_martyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 17:34   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
Will post the review this weekend. I have connected the highbeam cables to connector directly without splicing the cable.

Yes, this Foglamps are plug and play. Thanks to Amit, he has guided me during the installation process.

I am satisfied with my purchase decision
Could you maybe post a link to your review please? Thank you.
Old 3rd August 2023, 23:08   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragasruoban View Post
Hi , i recently fitted the IPH M617 tri color variant in my freestyle. The results are simply mind blowing , the throw is good . The only issue i faced was that initially the Led was flickering . But mechanic told me that it was due to the less resistance of the LED when compared to the halogen . So he added a parking bulb in parallel and now it works like a charm .

Note : the IPH bulb needs to be aligned properly for best results .

Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-pxl_20230802_1837190031.jpg
sriniadk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 07:12   #57
BHPian

Hi All,

Very informative thread.. wanted to check if anyone has any shop contact for buying and/or fitting the IPH or any other Projector Fogs for Carens? And how much do they charge for installation?

Please do let me know.

Thank you soo much!!
vikramv4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 10:32   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramv4u View Post
Hi All,

Very informative thread.. wanted to check if anyone has any shop contact for buying and/or fitting the IPH or any other Projector Fogs for Carens? And how much do they charge for installation?

Please do let me know.

Thank you soo much!!
The Carens doesn't have 3 inch round fog lights so this type of solution may not work for you.
In Carens I have seen people getting Osram CBI pro projectors fitted inside the headlamp units. This is an example of such an installation in Mumbai. This guy has done over 100 + installations in Carens alone.

I also have Osram CBI pro projectors fitted in my MG Hector Plus in the headlamp units, which I got fitted in Gurgaon.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 10:38   #59
BHPian

Thank you for that.. yeah, i saw his videos.. he seems to highly recommend the Osrams.. any recommendations of anyone doing it in Bangalore?
Old 5th August 2023, 10:50   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramv4u View Post
Thank you for that.. yeah, i saw his videos.. he seems to highly recommend the Osrams.. any recommendations of anyone doing it in Bangalore?
Yes the Osram CBI pro are quite good and in My Hector Plus the difference is 2x compared to the OE led headlights. They also have a good beam focus and strong hotspot. In my case I ordered mine from here:
https://www.planetcarcare.com/produc...ors-6000k-pair

I got them fitted at a local installer at Gurgaon called Autobots.
What I suggest is that you search for a good headlight modifier in Bangalore on the stock Headlight upgrade thread (there is a separate thread for that)

Last edited by Behemoth : 5th August 2023 at 11:06.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks