Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2022, 20:17   #1
BHPian

Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market

So after a lot of research i am whole lot of confused with the options available in the market for 3 inch projector fog lamps.

Options available:

1. The traditional iPH projector + HID (5500k/6000k) Rs.7500 with 1 year warranty.

Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-whatsapp-image-20221214-7.47.54-pm.jpeg

2. iPH bi-led tri color fog lamps with 1 year warranty Rs.8200 here some sellers claim that there is no brand warranty and they provide it around Rs.1000 cheaper.

Name:  Tri led iph.jpg
Views: 3337
Size:  16.9 KB

3. GTR LED projectors (4300k/5500k/....) Rs.7500-8500 with 1 year warranty, seller claims these come with official brand warranty. The seller claims these are far better than iph led and cover more area than iph bi-led.

Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-gtr-led.jpg

Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-gtr-2.jpg

4. AES projector fog lamp (4300k) with 1 year warranty Rs.9500, these are made in taiwan and a video is shared by seller and the output looks phenomenal.

Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-whatsapp-image-20221214-7.47.56-pm.jpeg

https://www.veed.io/view/cefc120d-3e...c4?panel=share video provided by blaze india for the output.

Other than above there are additional options of

D2h bulbs: Rs.10,500

H11 Bulbs: Rs.9,500

I am trying to keep my budget under Rs.10,000 but confused by the options available, if someone can suggest me the best option it would really be helpful.

Last edited by revvharder : 14th December 2022 at 20:20.
revvharder is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 20:25   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
So after a lot of research i am whole lot of confused with the options available in the market for 3 inch projector fog lamps.

I am trying to keep my budget under Rs.10,000 but confused by the options available, if someone can suggest me the best option it would really be helpful.
You can go for either IPH M617 - Tricolour or GTR 4300K led projectors. Both are very good and reliable. I have the IPH M617 Tri colour on my Compass and I am very happy with them. I have also seen the GTR projectors and they are also very good.
Nowadays sealed LED projectors are better than Xenon fog projectors. With sealed led projectors you have a perfectly sealed body and an excellent beam pattern. There is also no exposed wiring or fans also to fail and they are much more reliable.
Behemoth is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 20:43   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
You can go for either IPH M617 - Tricolour or GTR 4300K led projectors. Both are very good and reliable. I have the IPH M617 Tri colour on my Compass and I am very happy with them. I have also seen the GTR projectors and they are also very good.
Sir, how is the output of GTR as compared to iPH considering both fall in the same price range ?
revvharder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 06:42   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

The output of the GTR is slightly better than the IPH as it uses newer generation LEDs as a source. However if tricolour changeability is a criteria (like in my case), IPH is recommended. With the tri colour one you can generate 6000k, 2700k amd 4300k alternately by toggling on/offf within 2 seconds.
With 2700k it cuts through fog better and for normal black top roads 6000k is good.
Behemoth is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th December 2022, 09:19   #5
BHPian

Re: Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market

I am using the M617 Sealed LED projectors and they are good. They are more powerful than the stock headlights and lit up the road well. I haven't used the others, so cannot comment on that. Overall, I am happy with the purchase.

As far as I have researched this topic, the projectors are made by the same company with just the labels being different. The bulbs used within the projector will make a difference in the output though.
sudeepg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 11:03   #6
BHPian

I have a couple of basic questions on this,
  • How do you select a projector light for your car which fits correctly?
  • Where do you generally source it? Accessory shop or some online dealer?
  • Where would this be generally fitted? at an accessory shop, dealer or any other specialized shop?
abtyagi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 12:15   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtyagi View Post
I have a couple of basic questions on this,
  • How do you select a projector light for your car which fits correctly?
  • Where do you generally source it? Accessory shop or some online dealer?
  • Where would this be generally fitted? at an accessory shop, dealer or any other specialized shop?
It depends on the car model that you have. The most common form factor for the foglamps till 2020 was 3 inch round fog lights with halogens. These type of lights are most easily replaceable by LED for projectors in 3 inch size. However some cars like the xuv500 and Older Innovas had odd shaped fog lights. These type of lights are not directly replaceable but in some cases it is possible to have an aftermarket adapter bracket installed which can house the round fog light projectors in the same place.

As you are based in Delhi, the best place for you to get a good variety of Fog lamp projectors is Karol Bagh area (Ajmal Khan road) - this place has the maximum variety as well as best prices. These guys also have installers who can install the lights on most cars .
However be aware that it is an extremely crowded area and parking is quite tough there so best time to go is typically 11am on Saturday before the rush starts or 3pm in the afternoon.
Behemoth is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 19:04   #8
BHPian

Quote:
You can go for either IPH M617 - Tricolour
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
I am using the M617 Sealed LED projectors
Hi Behemoth, Sudeep, the listing on Amazon (https://amzn.to/3jdAD00) for this Foglamp, under Technical Details, says Position - Right. Could you please let me know what this means? Is it only one Foglamp in the package? The gallery shows 2 Foglamps.
PS - I have a Swift Dzire (2016) and looking to upgrade Foglamps.
jusgetgoing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 19:17   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusgetgoing View Post
Hi Behemoth, Sudeep, the listing on Amazon (https://amzn.to/3jdAD00) for this Foglamp, under Technical Details, says Position - Right. Could you please let me know what this means? Is it only one Foglamp in the package? The gallery shows 2 Foglamps.
Here is the contact info of Mr. Amit from Blaze India (9871490280) he is the importer of iPH and AES projectors, you can place your order directly with him.

He's very responsive and answers all the queries very patiently.

Last edited by revvharder : 18th December 2022 at 19:21.
revvharder is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 20:13   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes even I had bought my IPHM617 from Blaze India directly around a 1.5 years back.
The Right position probably means Right Hand Drive cutoff. The cutoff shape of LHD and RHD cars is different and India is Right Hand drive (which means Driver sits on the right side in the car.
Behemoth is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 08:40   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Yes even I had bought my IPHM617 from Blaze India directly around a 1.5 years back.
The Right position probably means Right Hand Drive cutoff. The cutoff shape of LHD and RHD cars is different and India is Right Hand drive (which means Driver sits on the right side in the car.
100% correct. RHD model means for installation in vehicles with RHD. The low beam cuts off and bends lower towards the right side so that it doesn't blind the oncoming traffic. Thus you get more light on left without blinding the oncoming traffic.
sudeepg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 22:13   #12

Hello all, any recommendations on where to source the GTR LED Projectors in Bangalore?

I am looking for a reliable store as I also need advice on compatibility, good quality relays etc. I am trying to enhance the light output for my 2010 i10, which does not have OEM fog lamps. Any and all recommendations are welcome!
Old 24th December 2022, 12:05   #13
BHPian

Right thread at the right time. I am looking to install projector fogs on my Aspire since the stock headlights are nothing to write home about. But before looking at the options, I have always wondered the water sealability & durability aspect of these expensive fog lights. I have seen in my stock fog lamps are subjected to extreme abuse from flying stones or mud thrown from other vehicle tyres. During rainy season, there is water logging in our areas & often I have drive through them where water level is at least more than the height of these fog lights. Will these be a concern point to worry about?
Old 24th December 2022, 15:59   #14
Senior - BHPian

Any suggestions for Tata Harrier Low, High beam and Fog lamp upgrade options? The present lighting isnt upto the mark as seen in my recent night drives.
Old 24th December 2022, 17:11   #15
BHPian

So considering the fog on the highway and Behemoth sir's suggestion, have decided to go for iPH Bi-Led fog lamps, if anyone else is also considering perhaps we can make a group purchase.

Quote:
H
Have you made the purchase yet?

Last edited by revvharder : 24th December 2022 at 17:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks