Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2023, 19:02   #61

Re: Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post

Finally, I zeroed in on Aozoom Fog LED Projectors. They are all weather and come with a 1-year warranty.

The next challenge was fitting it in such a way that it looks aesthetic but effective in delivering. I went to the official website of Aozoom and found the dealer for my city and through the dealer, I found the installer as well.
First of all, thanks for this amazing thread which has increased my knowledge of projector LEDs multifold with especial thanks to Behemoth and Chipsnchops who has taken pains to answer all the queries.

Based on my search I am thinking of installing AES Q8 pro LED fog lamps in Thar but have two questions and would appreciate a reply from the experts here:
For the high beam connection of fog lights, when I spoke with Blaze India and Brat Automotive, I was told the following and I quote “The alternative i shared with you sir that you just need to plug the wire in OEM coupler and plug it back as usual”. From what I understand an additional coupler is required but I am advised that direct plugging in with headlights will serve the purpose. Is that correct?
The fog lights for Thar are of 17W. However, was advised that for Q8 pro no relay is required even though it will take substantially more power. Is it possible or do I risk burning off a fuse.

Kindly advise.
Auto70 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 18:38   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto70 View Post
Based on my search I am thinking of installing AES Q8 pro LED fog lamps in Thar but have two questions and would appreciate a reply from the experts here:
For the high beam connection of fog lights, when I spoke with Blaze India and Brat Automotive, I was told the following and I quote “The alternative i shared with you sir that you just need to plug the wire in OEM coupler and plug it back as usual”. From what I understand an additional coupler is required but I am advised that direct plugging in with headlights will serve the purpose. Is that correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
Will post the review this weekend. I have connected the highbeam cables to connector directly without splicing the cable.
Hey Auto70, Gurudatta Nayak,

I'm planning to go for AES projector fog lamps for my Glanza but unsure of how to connect high beams without splicing of wires. Please share how did you go about doing it in your cars
Old 22nd August 2023, 12:36   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Hey Auto70, Gurudatta Nayak,

I'm planning to go for AES projector fog lamps for my Glanza but unsure of how to connect high beams without splicing of wires. Please share how did you go about doing it in your cars
Thanks for your message. I have not yet done it. However, was told that they could fit the wire for high beam of fog lamps in the existing high beam socket for the headlights. Another option which I saw on youtube was via a coupler. Maybe you might find it useful so sharing the same -
Auto70 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 10:22   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post
Yes in fact I did explore a lot of options, including GTR before finalizing this one. In fact, I reached out to suppliers and distributors and had conversations with them. I did not want to touch the stock lights or the wiring. This had to be an additional installation. Most of the good ones were replacements for the stock. You could install it separately, but there is always the risk of damaging/short-circuiting the wires due to rain, water seepage, etc. No one was willing to take a guarantee for this aspect.

That's how I finalized these ones since it's all-weather, IP67 certified and come with a one-year warranty. Hope this makes sense. When you want to buy any lights, don't just go by amazon reviews or peer recommendations (they may or may not have considered all angles. Best to speak to the distributor and tell them your requirement. They will guide you (most of the time) correctly.
These lights look good and are very close to my requirement. Do you mind explaining how you are activating them from inside? I am interested in knowing/seeing the activation mechanism you are using from dashboard. Could you share a few pictures if possible?

I am also of the plan to activate then on the highway and not in the city roads.
Old 9th September 2023, 13:04   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
These lights look good and are very close to my requirement. Do you mind explaining how you are activating them from inside? I am interested in knowing/seeing the activation mechanism you are using from dashboard. Could you share a few pictures if possible?

I am also of the plan to activate then on the highway and not in the city roads.
I am also looking for a similar set up for my N. Any idea who is the Aozoom dealer in Mumbai?
Old 15th September 2023, 15:32   #66
BHPian

Friends,
After going through this thread, I've finally decided to get the fog lights upgraded from Blaze India (Mr.Amit) on my Kia Seltos GTX+ D AT.

I reside in Mumbai & looking for a competent installer who can install these lights.

Any pointers will be welcome!

Thanks!

Powertrain
Old 29th November 2023, 11:29   #67
BHPian

Hi everyone,

The 5th gen Honda city hybrid zx 2023 headlight and fog lamp setup is useless. Few days back, met with an accident at very slow speed of 30kms due to glare and sad headlights of the car. Please remember, the car is only one month old and is in workshop for repairs.

I believe since the headlights are LED, I would`nt be able to do anything about it.

What could be the upgrade for 3 inch fog lamps with bi-led or multiple colour options?

TIA
Old 30th November 2023, 08:58   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsam View Post
Hi everyone,

The 5th gen Honda city hybrid zx 2023 headlight and fog lamp setup is useless. Few days back, met with an accident at very slow speed of 30kms due to glare and sad headlights of the car. Please remember, the car is only one month old and is in workshop for repairs.

I believe since the headlights are LED, I would`nt be able to do anything about it.

What could be the upgrade for 3 inch fog lamps with bi-led or multiple colour options?

TIA
You can go for GTR fog lights with 3 inch projectors. These are available in both 4300k and also 5800k and I think Trio version is also available now. They are in the range of 8k-10k Rupees. They have a nice beam spread (wider beam as compared to IPH)
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 11:13   #69
BHPian

Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
You can go for either IPH M617 - Tricolour or GTR 4300K led projectors. Both are very good and reliable. I have the IPH M617 Tri colour on my Compass and I am very happy with them. I have also seen the GTR projectors and they are also very good.
Nowadays sealed LED projectors are better than Xenon fog projectors. With sealed led projectors you have a perfectly sealed body and an excellent beam pattern. There is also no exposed wiring or fans also to fail and they are much more reliable.

Hey I have the F10, pre lci luxury line. Am looking into these projector fog lamps, but my fog lamps are a funny triangle shaped. How do I go about this?
Old 14th December 2023, 15:03   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
I am using the M617 Sealed LED projectors and they are good. They are more powerful than the stock headlights and lit up the road well. I haven't used the others, so cannot comment on that. Overall, I am happy with the purchase.

As far as I have researched this topic, the projectors are made by the same company with just the labels being different. The bulbs used within the projector will make a difference in the output though.
Hi, I have a vento, 2015 model, looking to get thes projector upgrade. Confused on either the retrofit aspect to the existing headlights or to install them on the fog light system. Only thing is the fog lights lens is rectangular.
Old 14th December 2023, 17:50   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolhead1209 View Post
Only thing is the fog lights lens is rectangular.
You will have to retrofit the fog lights outside of the foglamp provision on your car. That is possible with a bracket. Being a sedan it will sit low. I am usually inclined to modify the main headlight without voiding warranty if possible, but that will take some expertise and lot of effort. Fog lamps is the easy way out.

The M617 fogs will need the proper mating connectors to make a clean install. The supplier does not provide these connectors by default.
Old 14th December 2023, 17:52   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
You will have to retrofit the fog lights outside of the foglamp provision on your car. That is possible with a bracket. Being a sedan it will sit low. I am usually inclined to modify the main headlight without voiding warranty if possible, but that will take some expertise and lot of effort. Fog lamps is the easy way out.

The M617 fogs will need the proper mating connectors to make a clean install. The supplier does not provide these connectors by default.
So I'm assuming somewhere on the bumpers??
Old 20th January 2024, 23:09   #73
BHPian

Been reviewing all the posts on this thread to evaluate the options to upgrade the fog lamps (and/ or headlamps) of my VW Vento 2013 (oval fog lamps). Spoke to Amit (Blaze) too and received his inputs too.

The 3inch fog lamps are a tight fit on the VW Vento OEM fog lamp location but I do not want to install it anywhere else on the bumper but I have no plans to offer the highbeam of the foglamps hence less of an issue. Following seems to be the popular options (not including the super expensive ones)

iPhcar LED Tricolor (55w)
GTR LED 2 colors (2x25=75w)
AES Q8 2 colors (45w)
AES Q8 PRO (55w)
AES FX3 Laser (65w)

With iPhcar being the cheapest and the most widely used where as the AES Laser being the costliest. I am not sure what is the difference between AES Q8 and Q8 pro.

Looks like most of the designs are similar and the specs too, hence it is hard to differentiate..

I don't have an option to test these locally hence have to go purely by online reviews so if there is anyone that can offer their experience/ reviews/ thoughts - that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 21st January 2024, 03:26   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris_risk View Post
Been reviewing all the posts on this thread to evaluate the options to upgrade the fog lamps (and/ or headlamps) of my VW Vento 2013 (oval fog lamps). Spoke to Amit (Blaze) too and received his inputs too.

iPhcar LED Tricolor (55w)
GTR LED 2 colors (2x25=75w)
AES Q8 2 colors (45w)
AES Q8 PRO (55w)
AES FX3 Laser (65w)

I don't have an option to test these locally hence have to go purely by online reviews so if there is anyone that can offer their experience/ reviews/ thoughts - that would be greatly appreciated.
AES is one of the renowned, reliable and reasonably priced brand. Not too low like iPH and not too high priced like Aozoom. Select any AES one which is in your budget. I'm also planning to buy AES FX2 from Amit in some time.

You are right, the option to test locally isn't easily available but you can refer to this YouTube channel's videos on latest fog lamp projectors to get a fair idea of outputs.

Old 23rd January 2024, 13:17   #75

Hey guys need some help figuring out which projector set up to go for. My options being:

1. The default IPh LED(single color) projector set-up from blaze India. Got a initial price of 5,600rs, left it could come down after a bit of bargaining.

2. A auto-shop nearby has quality (used by 4-5 people in my friends circle) Projector lens and housing set-up, quoted for 2,800rs + the price of the LED/HID lamps.

My doubt being that, as in the case of the IPh projector as its a closed back housing, in case of LED failure (less probable nowadays) I won't be able to replace it, whereas the other option is an open back one, which means we could use the emission source of our choice be it LED, HID or even incandescent bulb.

Also keeping in mind, the notorious MVD and their frequent checks which happen in Kerala. Dont want to end up paying multiple challans .

Hope this triggers many more discussions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks