Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Whats your experience with the Swift Aftermarket projectors ?
Im running projectors & satisfied as they offer better performance than 100/90 halogen bulbs 16 18.39%
Im running projectors and not satisfied :( 7 8.05%
My friends friends friend has them and they are super cool cos his car looks like a UFO 48 55.17%
I am running HID's in the stock Swift HL assembly as the projectors suck !! 16 18.39%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2009, 23:23   #286
Senior - BHPian

Anytime dude, anytime. Enjoy the new lights.
Old 29th May 2009, 23:30   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Anytime dude, anytime. Enjoy the new lights.
Yeah I am. I guess this is the only swift which has the projector's here in my town.
Old 11th June 2009, 13:35   #288
BHPian

RED Eyes...

Hai,
I have been using 8000k bosh HID(White) on my high, as i used to do lot of off road when i had installed the headlights. The low is still on halogen, what would be the right HID config for the projector low beam. Guess yellow is better, as the bengaluru cops eyes , when they see white..LOL.
Should confess, to have the beams set to the desired levels took lot of pain. I finally found Basha, next to the BMTC depo Indiranagar. to have it set the right way, with his headlamp beam adjusters.
Has anyone done a complete HID with ballast set up. Means high/low and fog. How is the battery situation with a set up of this kind. What bulb is perfect on the fog if it is on HID.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Aftermarket Projector Headlamps : Reviews needed-headlamps.jpg  

Old 12th June 2009, 22:30   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
Hai,
I have been using 8000k bosh HID(White) on my high, as i used to do lot of off road when i had installed the headlights. The low is still on halogen, what would be the right HID config for the projector low beam. Guess yellow is better, as the bengaluru cops eyes , when they see white..LOL.
Should confess, to have the beams set to the desired levels took lot of pain. I finally found Basha, next to the BMTC depo Indiranagar. to have it set the right way, with his headlamp beam adjusters.
Has anyone done a complete HID with ballast set up. Means high/low and fog. How is the battery situation with a set up of this kind. What bulb is perfect on the fog if it is on HID.

that's kool looking angel eyes man !

If you go with hid on low,hi and fogs your battery will not be effected and for fogs you need h8/h11 bulbs (both have same locks and filament positioning
Old 24th June 2009, 13:42   #290
BHPian

Seems like people have stopped eyeing on Angle eyes now.
Well, I had a noobie question. I have H4 HID on my Swift. Is it possible to fit those on the projector setup. If yes, then is it possible to procure the angel eye projector setup minus the HID set. Please throw some light on this.
Thanks in advance.

PS-: I had checked with an installer and he said that H4 are kind of big for the projector setup, so it wont fit properly, will touch the glass and thus I need to go in for H1.

Last edited by Mushroomz : 24th June 2009 at 13:46.
Old 24th June 2009, 15:31   #291
BHPian

If you are going for a projector setup, then you need H1 bulbs. H4 will not fit.
Old 24th June 2009, 19:07   #292
BHPian

Thanks for your input friend !!
Old 24th June 2009, 19:19   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
Hai,
Hot looking lights man!! awesome
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:30   #294
BANNED

No new updates in a long time.....Guys... Any better option available now?
Old 3rd February 2010, 10:46   #295
BHPian

I just bought angel eyes.
Which bulbs should i fit in them?
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:41   #296
Senior - BHPian

Visibility With Angel Eyes

Hi all,

This question goes out to all who have installed Angel Eyes in their Swifts - As 7.7k-8k is no small amount to spend on this kit, I would like to know if the visibility is better after installing these kits or are they just for the bling factor?

I have read on this forum somewhere that the visibility is not that great & one has to open up the entire assembly & make alot of adjustments to get the beam pattern & throw right. Is this true? Also that the quality of these kits are pretty inferior & tend to get damaged internally in the future.
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:07   #297
BHPian

@Epic,

I am personally dissatisfied with the projectors and HID combo on my SwifDy. The throw is never right and bright, though I have gone through many for adjustments. Also, the outer skin of the headlamps starts peeling and is a sore sight. Mine was done a couple of years ago and newer ones may be better.

My suggestion would be to stay away.

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 3rd February 2010 at 13:09.
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:15   #298
BHPian

@Epic, I second Mr.Balboa. I too have issues with the throw. The intensity is good as its HID, but angel eyes are no good to me. I am constantly thinking to revert back to regular assembly with either HID on or then back to basic relay 90-100 halogens.

My take - stay away !
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:40   #299
Senior - BHPian

Well thank you Rocky & Mushroomz for the genuine feedback. I was really looking forward to installing Angel Eyes in my Swift but will rather spend on something more worthwhile. I rest my case.
Old 3rd February 2010, 23:01   #300
BHPian

A year ago, I used to see a lot of swifts with angel eyes and projector setup in Bangalore. Now its a rare sight. So its obvious, all show no glow

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks