Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2010, 19:58   #76
BHPian

phone No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
They remove thee side window glasses, and fix the film in a so called 'dust free' room. This may not be possible if you do it at your home.. But I am convinced by this practicality of 'dust free' room..
Phone No. of Balaji? What all does 13000/- cover?
Old 22nd March 2010, 20:30   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They remove thee side window glasses, and fix the film in a so called 'dust free' room. This may not be possible if you do it at your home.. But I am convinced by this practicality of 'dust free' room..
What about the fourth window??
Old 22nd March 2010, 21:45   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So you sourced the film from outside, and getting it done unofficially ?.. How about warranty ?
The film was not sourced by me but the installer himself from the distributor. Have never had any issues with warranty thus far. This guy has been doing the job for me for the last 8 plus years. My Esteem still has the RE35 film fixed 7 years ago, intact without any niggles whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Possible,please PM me the details of the person.i too need some detailing for my Linea.
Will send you a PM rightaway.

Quote:

But if you do it at their shop, chances of getting experienced hand during installation could be high.. Especially the rear windscreen is tricky, and one have to keep squeezing the trapped air bubbles out..
I provide the same set up at my home (in my drawing room) where the possibility of dust coming in is very less. I have not had an issue with this so far. I agree that you could get experienced hands in the shop but this guy am talking about is from the shop again and a veteran too. Also, I ensure that he does the job only on a Sunday so that he gets enough time and doesn't have to rush through which may not be possible at the shop.
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:35   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post

I provide the same set up at my home (in my drawing room) where the possibility of dust coming in is very less. I have not had an issue with this so far. I agree that you could get experienced hands in the shop but this guy am talking about is from the shop again and a veteran too.
Could you send me his phone No.
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:10   #80
BHPian

Back from Hunting

After 3 days of endless calls, few visits & a lot of haggling, here're the final quotes i got (for my i20) from a few sources for reference:

[Prices of the 70 series films are for the front w/s & the 50's are for the sides & back]

1. Official 3M distributor for Mumbai:
cr70 - 6200
re50 - 4270

2. Fellow who works for the official distributor:
cr70-4800
re70-3200
sp50-1800
cs50-3200
re50-3200

3. Discontinued distributor for 3M (He actually had the nerve to tell me that the CR70 he had was defective & that even if i took it in bill, he won't entertain any warranty claims. At one point, he said, "Look, the film batch is defective, do you not understand, am i being clear enough, i won't get it changed later". Btw, he's still selling it off to other customers )
johnson front - 2700 (Johnson was the brand he was promoting Link)
johnson sides - 3200 warranty-lifetime
3M RE50- 2400
3M CR70- 4000

4. Contact at Santacruz:
cr70 - 4500
re70 - 5500
re50 - 4500
sp50 - 2500

5. Store at Sion Koliwada:
CR70 - 5000
RE50/70 - 3000

I'm finally going in for the store at Sion Koliwada as its just 5 minutes away from my place & the price of 8000 for the entire car seems competitive. I have another friend's ANHC going in with me, & i'm also planning on purchasing seatcovers from the same store. Hoping this acts as leverage to bargain further.

Interesting Points:
  • There's a lot of difference between the prices.
  • The official distributor & his workmen want to do the installation at my house. Now, i'm not entirely comfortable with this because if any problem does develop, it'll be very easy for them to pass on the blame to dust at the site of installation etc etc
  • The warranty claims are made directly to 3M who send over their technician to check the films. His word is final on the matter (to the best of my knowledge)
  • There's some scope for haggling with these guys. Indeed i brought down Option (2)'s final cost by 20% of what he initially quoted. But others are very firm.
  • Option (5) said the price will remain the same for i20 or ANHC

How does the price sound to fellow members?

You can PM me for dealers' details
Old 23rd March 2010, 22:09   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Phone No. of Balaji? What all does 13000/- cover?
Film + installation + warranty + satisfaction + ... Hu over cost .

My 4 yr daughter saying, I could have bought her a mobile phone for this price, my wife says I could have taken her for a dinner at Taj..

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Old 23rd March 2010, 22:53   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Buddy,

It seems you wanted to let us know about the fourth window..
Old 24th March 2010, 10:49   #83
BHPian

The price seems okay, I paid 5000 for CR70 in Hyderabad for my NHC.
Old 24th March 2010, 12:04   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicmaker23 View Post

5. Store at Sion Koliwada:
CR70 - 5000
RE50/70 - 3000
As I stated in this thread as well, I spoke to 3M guys (Company regional manager I guess) and he insisted on 4200/- for RE35/50. When I said other people are getting it for less he said it can not be true as they sell this film to dealers for more than what I was quoted (3500/- for RE35). Anything suspicious about this? Duplicate 3M films in the market?? Looking at the quotes you got from 3M distributor they are sync with what the manager told me. I am confused like anything. If you dont mind will you please PM me the contact details of this Sion shop?
Old 24th March 2010, 12:44   #85

3M CR70 for Windshield

I have got a quote for Rs 6500 at Trivandrum for fixing 3M CR70 on the windshield of my ANHC. After referring all the discussion in this forum, I find the cost is in the range of Rs 5000-5500 in the big cities.
What they say is the MRP printed on the package is Rs 6500. Any idea about this? Is this a reasonable rate?
Old 24th March 2010, 16:13   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopan View Post
I have got a quote for Rs 6500 at Trivandrum for fixing 3M CR70 on the windshield of my ANHC. After referring all the discussion in this forum, I find the cost is in the range of Rs 5000-5500 in the big cities.
What they say is the MRP printed on the package is Rs 6500. Any idea about this? Is this a reasonable rate?
Last sunday I got 3M CR70 installed on the front windshield of my new Civic at a cost of 6000 INR. Try to bargain for a better price.
Old 24th March 2010, 17:34   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Last sunday I got 3M CR70 installed on the front windshield of my new Civic at a cost of 6000 INR. Try to bargain for a better price.

Ravi,
let me know the difference between before and after installation. Have you taken the car yet for a drive post installation?
Old 24th March 2010, 18:20   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Ravi,
let me know the difference between before and after installation. Have you taken the car yet for a drive post installation?
Nope. Unfortunately, I did not get the time to take the car out after the installation. I will be doing so in a day or two. Will post pics and results then.
Old 25th March 2010, 14:17   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
As I stated in this thread as well, I spoke to 3M guys (Company regional manager I guess) and he insisted on 4200/- for RE35/50. When I said other people are getting it for less he said it can not be true as they sell this film to dealers for more than what I was quoted (3500/- for RE35). Anything suspicious about this? Duplicate 3M films in the market?? Looking at the quotes you got from 3M distributor they are sync with what the manager told me. I am confused like anything. If you dont mind will you please PM me the contact details of this Sion shop?
If you look at the entire list, the 1st distributor quoted 6000ish which he said is not negotiable. I called up his installer & he quickly lowered the prices by 20%. Nothing fishy as such, they're just trying to up their profits.
I finished up with my installation. The RE came in a proper box, while the roll of CR was in a sealed carton with printing that wasn't that legible. I have the 3M mark on each window. I have a VAT bill & will be getting my warranty card in 2 days time. I think i've covered all the bases here.
Everytime i haggled with one party telling him the prices of another, they said its just not possible. But, they called me back after bringing down their prices every single time.
Btw, the Sion guy states he's gonna become the 3M distributor in a month (I'm quite convinced since he's the official distributor for a long list of auto brands)
Old 18th May 2010, 13:49   #90
BHPian

Guys how is RE35 over CS20? I am confused, which will be better for silky silver WagonR color wise as well as heat rejection wise?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks