Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2014, 18:13   #841

Dear All

I own a 2009 Suzuki Alto which has clocked around 22000 kms.

I intend to make a few upgrades to better my overall performance without compromising on fuel efficiency.

Pursuant to various posts on carrying out modification, I would like your valuable inputs on the following:

Does air filter upgrade increase power production without compromising on fuel efficiency?

If Yes, what brand is recommended?

I got a chance to go through posts from various users on cool air intake systems and free flow exhausts to go along with upgraded filters for a fuller experience.

I would also like to know more about the improved brake system, which is recommended post upgrades.

Inputs on the same and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Best regards

Vivek

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 19th June 2014, 19:28   #842
BHPian

Re: Modding an Alto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvind6488 View Post

Here is the pic of the Lamps I have got.
From where did you buy these lamps & at what price? Did they come fit in the black recess or you did it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek.bk View Post

Does air filter upgrade increase power production without compromising on fuel efficiency?

If Yes, what brand is recommended?
I have K&N Stock replacement filters on 3 of my vehicles. Frankly, the difference is hardly noticeable. But I believe that positive difference should be there, albeit noticeable, as a clogged filter will make your car feel suffocating to drive. The same way a freer flowing filter would make it breathe easy. Ultimately, an internal combustion engine is kind of an air pump - the more free it works, the better it performs.
KkVaidya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 14:32   #843
BHPian

I have some problems with my Alto K10, VXi. They are purely from a functional point of view. You guys seem to know so much about mods, can you help me out?

The following are the problems I am facing;
Being of a tall height, 5:11, my feet touch the steering. And this gets very uncomfortable. Can the seats be lowered or the steering wheel be of a smaller size? My auto accessories guy advised me against changing the steering wheel. He said that the response could be affected drastically. He also said that most of the steering wheels in the markets are fake and of poor quality.

The second thing that troubles me is that the pedals have a very shart base that hurts the foot as it creates a higher pressure. I have seen and driven Wagon R. The pedal bases for this car are much more comfortable as they are of bigger sizes. Can I weld a plate on these pedals and make them bigger, more comfortable. Would it be safe?

The third thing are the side view mirror. They are stupidly small. Can I somehow fit a larger, Wagon R kind of side view mirror?

Also I mam thinking of converting to CNG. What would be the best kit. There are so many confusing options. I want the performance of the car to be at peak.

Please help. Do let me know.

Also please suggest economic mods for the above problem (except the CNG option, where I can invest and should invest the right money). I feel if the mods are too expensive, then it may be a better idea to sell my Alto K10 and upgrade to Wagon R a I really like that car.
Old 30th August 2014, 16:48   #844
Senior - BHPian

@Syravi you can get after market steering of smaller size and also you can get after market pedal kits of the anti-slip type.

The small steering would increase the turning effort and can also mess with the turn indicators as it did in my 800.

The steering would cost around 2-3K while the pedals would cost you around 1k.
Old 7th September 2014, 12:37   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syravi View Post
I feel if the mods are too expensive, then it may be a better idea to sell my Alto K10 and upgrade to Wagon R a I really like that car.
These all mods will screw the car and you will have problems in re-selling. My suggestion is you better upgrade to a WagonR Green that comes with a factory fitted CNG Kit. Believe me - Its a good car.
Old 27th July 2017, 12:55   #846
BHPian

For quite a long while I wanted to add a spoiler to my little stoat Alto LXi. I have the 2011 version and now the old gen Alto K10 spoiler is available for about 1600 on amazon.in. Can somebody confirm whether the old gen Alto K10 spoiler would fit the old gen Alto? Otherwise, the spoilers cost about 5K. Waiting for a reply before the prices become more. Thanks.
Old 27th July 2017, 14:03   #847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTLovesNano View Post
old gen Alto K10 spoiler is available for about 1600 on amazon.in. Can somebody confirm whether the old gen Alto K10 spoiler would fit the old gen Alto?
Since it is on Amazon, shoot a query to the seller asking the same. Once he confirms it fits, you can blindly order. In case it does not, you have the confirmation from the seller to fall back on and return the item.

Most Viewed