Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2010, 10:02   #706
BHPian

A Full Free Flow would be better than just a muffler. Unless you are on a very tight budget you can actually go for the FFE. You will get your sporty exhaust note as well a difference in performance rather than just the sound.
Old 22nd November 2010, 12:01   #707
BHPian

Does anyone know if it is possible to fit a windshield wiper for the rear windscreen on a Alto Lx, like the one found on the Vx models? If so where can it be done?
Old 19th December 2010, 19:05   #708
Senior - BHPian

Re: Modding an Alto

I want to fit a set of internally adjustable ORVMs for my Alto and MSM is quoting Rs 2350.00 for them. Can anyone tell me what they will cost outside MGA?
Old 19th December 2010, 19:17   #709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I want to fit a set of internally adjustable ORVMs for my Alto and MSM is quoting Rs 2350.00 for them. Can anyone tell me what they will cost outside MGA?
buy MGA parts...the non MGA parts may not have proper mirrors giving rise to blind spot issues. also, non MGA mirrors will vibrate excessively and thereby rendering it useless. think about it.
14000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2010, 23:00   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Outside, I got them for Rs.900 including fitment.

Drive safe.
Old 20th December 2010, 03:31   #711

Does Piper make a Set of Cams for a Suzuki alto 800cc??
Old 20th December 2010, 18:29   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Does Piper make a Set of Cams for a Suzuki alto 800cc??
No, they do not. However, if you send them a stock camshaft they can reprofile it for you. You can try getting in touch with N1-Engineering, they have an understanding with Piper & can get it done for you here (costs ~20K excluding the cost of the stock cam). With a reprofile only the overlap changes, you do not get higher lift. Piper will also grind you a bespoke camshaft with whatever overlap & lift you want (costs ~600 GBP).
Old 21st December 2010, 20:47   #713
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,

Does any body have an idea about the cost of the Alto K10 steering wheel? Also, any pointers to a MGA store from where I could get it in Delhi/NCR? I am thinking of changing the steering wheel in my Alto 800cc with that of the K10 just because I am bored of using the same steering wheel for the past 7 years, moreover the K10 wheel looks chunkier. Any pointers in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Drive safe.
Old 21st December 2010, 21:18   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hey guys,

Does any body have an idea about the cost of the Alto K10 steering wheel? Also, any pointers to a MGA store from where I could get it in Delhi/NCR? I am thinking of changing the steering wheel in my Alto 800cc with that of the K10 just because I am bored of using the same steering wheel for the past 7 years, moreover the K10 wheel looks chunkier. Any pointers in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Drive safe.
The one on the A-Star or Swift looks more sporty and comes around 2000k I guess. Thinking of getting one myself if it would be a direct fit.
Old 21st December 2010, 22:20   #715
BANNED

Folks...

I've got a Jan 2007 Alto LXI done 75000 kms...I've noticed 2 shockers leaking...1 front and 1 rear respectively and the car was giving a very uneasy ride for the past 15 days...got it checked at Maruti Authorised....they say the entire suspension needs to be done.....my question is what would be the cost approx for the entire suspension set up...including engine mounting bushes, etc..... from MASS....they've quoted 8k....

Any help on this would be appreciated...

cheers !

RD
Old 21st December 2010, 23:48   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Folks...

I've got a Jan 2007 Alto LXI done 75000 kms...I've noticed 2 shockers leaking...1 front and 1 rear respectively and the car was giving a very uneasy ride for the past 15 days...got it checked at Maruti Authorised....they say the entire suspension needs to be done.....my question is what would be the cost approx for the entire suspension set up...including engine mounting bushes, etc..... from MASS....they've quoted 8k....

cheers !

RD
its better you change the entire shocks as its already done 75000. you can source the parts from outside which will be cheaper.
rear air filled shocks cost @ 600rs each.
Old 22nd December 2010, 04:57   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

Drive safe.
something I've considered too. it is a direct fit on the older gen Alto.

The A Star and Swift steering is not compatible on the Alto.
Old 22nd December 2010, 11:11   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalex77 View Post
The one on the A-Star or Swift looks more sporty and comes around 2000k I guess. Thinking of getting one myself if it would be a direct fit.
Thanks for your response mate. I hadn't considered the A-star or Swift's steering wheels yet because I feared they might not be compatible with the Alto. The K10 however, is based on the same platform & much of the technicals are same & hence thought that it's steering wheel might be a direct fit onto the 800cc Alto. If I may request, since a couple of us are interested in this job, can we confirm on the fitment at the MASS in our respective localities & see what they have to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
something I've considered too. it is a direct fit on the older gen Alto.

The A Star and Swift steering is not compatible on the Alto.
Thanks mate, but are you sure that the A-star or Swift's steering wheels are not compatible on the 800cc Alto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Folks...

cheers !

RD
Hey mate, I don't think you need to get the entire suspension done. Just stick with what needs to be replaced or repaired. Ideally, a leaking shocker must be replaced. Let me know if you need a second opinion, will direct you to my SA at a MASS in Delhi.

Drive safe.
Old 23rd December 2010, 07:22   #719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate, but are you sure that the A-star or Swift's steering wheels are not compatible on the 800cc Alto.
yes I am sure. it is basically a different size on the inside.
Old 23rd December 2010, 09:08   #720
Senior - BHPian

^^ Thanks mate. However, my plans of changing the steering wheel have been put on hold. The reason being that mine is the older Alto (the first generation) & in this model, the hazard light switch is on the steering assembly only & it pops out from the plastic part under the steering that covers the steering rod etc. Look at the picture below (courtesy: TBhp K10 review thread).
Name:  alto_k10_09.jpg
Views: 11748
Size:  107.4 KB

Now, I had thought of changing the steering wheel along with those plastic covers from the K10, but since mine has the hazard switch in area marked by green colour, the change is not possible. And just changing the steering wheel looks ugly in my opinion.

Drive safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks