Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2010, 21:34   #631
BHPian

At last got what I was looking for over last 6 months. HID with projector lense . Found a shop who has an exact match to the existing headlight assembly, with projector lense and Phillips H4 HID. Done the LED strips with LED parking lights today, will post snaps tomorrow. Total HID fittings will cost 11.5K, with original Phillips H4(6000K) and lenses.
Old 22nd June 2010, 22:21   #632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
At last got what I was looking for over last 6 months. HID with projector lense . Found a shop who has an exact match to the existing headlight assembly, with projector lense and Phillips H4 HID. Done the LED strips with LED parking lights today, will post snaps tomorrow. Total HID fittings will cost 11.5K, with original Phillips H4(6000K) and lenses.
Hey mate,

Glad to know that your search is over & you got something to suit your requirements.

And I must say, it worked out pretty cost effective too Eagerly looking forward to the pictures, both night time & day.

Drive safe.
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:41   #633
BHPian

Quote:
At last got what I was looking for over last 6 months. HID with projector lense .......11.5K, with original Phillips H4(6000K) and lenses.
Congrats dude.

But for now my dream remains a dream.
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:31   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
Congrats dude.

But for now my dream remains a dream.
hey what was your dream?
Old 24th June 2010, 01:34   #635
BHPian

Quote:
hey what was your dream?
Same as yours that is getting HID projectors for my ALTO but 11.5K seems a bit on the steep side for me so I guess I'll have to wait for now :(
Old 24th June 2010, 11:11   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
Same as yours that is getting HID projectors for my ALTO but 11.5K seems a bit on the steep side for me so I guess I'll have to wait for now :(
You can get those bi-xenon projectors for 180$ or even less than that. Try ebay'ing on ebay.COM, you'll get many r results, read the description and pick the ones which come along with the ballasts. Most of them sell without ballasts.
Old 29th July 2010, 15:09   #637
BHPian

hey guys,
where in delhi could i get a crank case breather filter. and does anyone know how much i could get a good CAI kit for in delhi. i have the conical K&n right now and want to swap it out for a proper CAI with the intake in place of one of the Stock Fog lights.

thanks.
Old 30th July 2010, 00:35   #638
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
hey guys,
where in delhi could i get a crank case breather filter. and does anyone know how much i could get a good CAI kit for in delhi. i have the conical K&n right now and want to swap it out for a proper CAI with the intake in place of one of the Stock Fog lights.

thanks.
Currently there is nothing on the market that fits your requirement.
Old 30th July 2010, 11:02   #639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
what i think you are referring here is CAI should be made as per the engine specs. a direct fit from market wont be useful, am i right ?

can you please let us know what will suit the small 800 cc engines?
how about head work, porting/polishing?
Old 30th July 2010, 11:12   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
What i was referring to was either the apollo kit from KnN or one of the viper or venom kits from pipercross. i know a proper CAI needs a lot of calculations, it's just that with one of these at least the engine will be getting colder air from outside the engine bay as opposed to the way that it is set up right now with it drawing in relatively warm air from under the hood. i plan to use the dynamization kit and have it draw air from somewhere in the front bumper or a similar place.

what calculations would be required to work out the length of the intake pipe. would be happy if you could provide some insight.

Cheers,
Old 30th July 2010, 11:49   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
THanks for the advice bro. i'm going to have to check for rust damage now. hopefully the new paint would have held up. The rubber on my car is a lil wider than what your running. how would you get the fenders flared if you want to accommodate a larger rim\tyre combination? that seems like my best option. going to get in touch with autopsyche soon.

cheers.
Dude, I am getting the fenders flared post monsoon. Only the wheel arches flared will look a bit odd so might have a body kit too bolted on. Evaluating options till then
Old 9th August 2010, 17:17   #642
BHPian

Alto K 10 Mods

ok,
i'm getting The new k 10 alto in a couple of days and wanted to know about a couple of things i would want to get done to it initially.

i'm going to be keeping the rims from my old alto as they would look killer on the new car untill i decide to get 14" rims for it. will there be any issues fitting 14" rims on the k 10 considering they have revised the suspension and it comes with the 13" rims and tubeless rubber as stock.

2. would the cosworth/KnN replacement filter for the A star/ new wagonr be the same for the alto k 10, considering it has the same k 10 engine as the other 2 cars.

3. Where can i get a FFE for the New alto k-10 from. Not that i'm going to plonk it in right now, after the first three services are over, i just might think about it

4. Are the pedders dampers available for the old alto compatiable with the k-10 or will i have to wait or look around for stiffer dampers.

i think the change in rubber and dampers should improve the handling of the new alto k-10 so as to see the true potential of that juicy 1.0 L engine...

Thanks in advance for all the info.
Old 9th August 2010, 17:20   #643
Senior - BHPian

^^

are you planning to VOID your warranty even before buying the car?
Old 9th August 2010, 23:25   #644
Senior - BHPian

Is the alto on the street yet? And a stock replacement air filter would not void your warranty. FFE and aftermarket dampers surely would.
Old 10th August 2010, 11:13   #645
BHPian

FFE trade for stock exhaust 0.8 alto

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
^^

are you planning to VOID your warranty even before buying the car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Is the alto on the street yet? And a stock replacement air filter would not void your warranty. FFE and aftermarket dampers surely would.
i'm not that concerned about the warranty. lets just say i have "special" friends at the maruti workshop and dealership

considering i'm gonna be going from a modded alto to one thats absolutely stock (albeit with a new engine) will have to do something to make it a little more fun to drive.

Another thing for delhi members with the old 0.8 alto. I'm willing to trade a automech FFe for your stock exhaust. i mean from the headers all the way to the end, the whole exhaust. i've used it for about 2 and a half years and since i'm selling the car and i'm pretty sure it wont be compatiable with the k 10, i'll trade you. PM me for details. i'm trading it in to maruti true value and i'm sure they are gonna remove it and scrap it so i might as well give it to somebody who would use it. and that way i can give them the car with the stock exhaust.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks