Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2010, 15:19   #616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
i know what you mean. used to happen with my car also but mostly on the left side. but i got the suspension stiffened and the fenders rolled. this was touching after i had put a 1" spacer all around. but then i'm running 175/60 r 13 tyres on a 13" x 6j rim. try getting your rear fenders rolled, the extra flat piece of metal under the fender will get rolled back to allow a little more room for the tyre to move up and down, i'm going to loose the rear seat soon though, just to make it a little mor fun to drive around.
Where can I get the fenders rolled? How is it done? Also won't bending the sheet metal make it look bad from the outside?
Old 16th June 2010, 16:35   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
Where can I get the fenders rolled? How is it done? Also won't bending the sheet metal make it look bad from the outside?
Any good auto body shop should be able to roll your fenders. the outside facing surface of the fender is not touched...if you put your hand under the rear wheel well you will feel this flat piece of metal which would be parallel to the road.. thats the part that they fold or roll in so as to clearance the wheels. there would be no visual impact when looking at the car.. have you tried installing spacers just over the rear wheels, you could try that as well, i think the MASS people also do this for you.
Old 16th June 2010, 17:37   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Any good auto body shop should be able to roll your fenders. the outside facing surface of the fender is not touched...if you put your hand under the rear wheel well you will feel this flat piece of metal which would be parallel to the road.. thats the part that they fold or roll in so as to clearance the wheels. there would be no visual impact when looking at the car.. have you tried installing spacers just over the rear wheels, you could try that as well, i think the MASS people also do this for you.
I understand what you are saying, but judging from the marks on the tire, the outside metal sheet that makes the body of the car hits the tire, not any plate parallel to the road inside the wheel well. Also whats the concept behind spacers? I thought it was a ring mounted on the wheels from the inside that increases the width of the track. Is this a misconception?
Old 16th June 2010, 17:41   #619
BHPian

Quote:
I wont suggest this option because the sheet metal in this area is a double sheet and when you try pressing it in, the paint cracks and you will need to repaint the panel. Also the area which is running parallel to the road is sealed and welded tight. Rolling this area inward will open up the gap and during rains water accumulates in this area and it starts to rust.
I have tried this and will not recommend this option.
Old 16th June 2010, 17:45   #620
BHPian

Quote:
I understand what you are saying, but judging from the marks on the tire, the outside metal sheet that makes the body of the car hits the tire, not any plate parallel to the road inside the wheel well. Also whats the concept behind spacers? I thought it was a ring mounted on the wheels from the inside that increases the width of the track. Is this a misconception?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvishwanathan View Post
I wont suggest this option because the sheet metal in this area is a double sheet and when you try pressing it in, the paint cracks and you will need to repaint the panel. Also the area which is running parallel to the road is sealed and welded tight. Rolling this area inward will open up the gap and during rains water accumulates in this area and it starts to rust.
@ Foxbat : The marks on the tire are indeed the ones made by the inner surface parallel to the ground. Once you remove the existing rubber packing, replace it with a rubber spacer which is a maruti genuine part. This solves your problem.
Do not increase the height a lot because it will affect the ride quality and when you drive alone, you will experience the ride being bouncy.
Old 16th June 2010, 21:17   #621
BHPian

Quote:
@ Foxbat : The marks on the tire are indeed the ones made by the inner surface parallel to the ground. Once you remove the existing rubber packing, replace it with a rubber spacer which is a maruti genuine part. This solves your problem.
Do not increase the height a lot because it will affect the ride quality and when you drive alone, you will experience the ride being bouncy.

Can you please explain the above in more detail?
Old 17th June 2010, 00:00   #622
BHPian

Quote:

i suggested this procedure if done the right way shouldnt lead to your pain cracking or chipping. you should heat the paint a little around the area and then roll it in. i had the panels re painted once the rolling was done... i didnt know that it could lead to rusting of the panel in question.

Quote:
Can you please explain the above in more detail?
those are called wheel spacers. they are used to increase the track of your vehicle. you also get spacers which raise the height of the body of your car. they are placed between the body and your suspension. this raises the body a little bit and helps provide clearance, if you wish to fit wider rubber or a bigger rim. but raising the height too much causes handling issues. so you shouldn't raise the vehicle too much.

cheers.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 30th July 2010 at 01:08. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 17th June 2010, 10:54   #623
BHPian

Quote:
those are called wheel spacers. they are used to increase the track of your vehicle. you also get spacers which raise the height of the body of your car. they are placed between the body and your suspension. this raises the body a little bit and helps provide clearance, if you wish to fit wider rubber or a bigger rim. but raising the height too much causes handling issues. so you shouldn't raise the vehicle too much.

cheers.
Thanks lilMonSter, my confusion regarding spacers is finally cleared
Old 17th June 2010, 13:16   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
I will be posting about clear lens solution after making some inquiries.
Sorry, only after market tachs can be fitted on the clear lens ones as the connections are different & because the ECU is 32 bit in BS3 & was 16 bit in BS2.
Old 17th June 2010, 16:17   #625
BHPian

Quote:
i suggested this procedure if done the right way shouldnt lead to your pain cracking or chipping. you should heat the paint a little around the area and then roll it in. i had the panels re painted once the rolling was done... i didnt know that it could lead to rusting of the panel in question.
@lilMonSter : However you do this procedure the inner welded part will give way. Heating the paint around the area and rolling it sounds great but in practical conditions it does not work. Trust me my advice is don't do this because I have been in trouble taking this option. I have had to replace my left rear panel because of rusting and that too work was carried out at a MASS and not any local garage.
Old 17th June 2010, 16:53   #626
BHPian

32 bit ecu in bsIII

Even tho bsII alto wagon R vx consoles are incompatible with bsIII cars their ecu being different the alto bsIII can may be use bsIII wagon R or Zen estilo which are exactly same in dimensions to alto.
i.e. bsII -->alto = wagonR (all vx ) 16 bit ecu
bsIII-->alto= wagonR = zen Estilo (all vx) 32 bit ecu
Old 17th June 2010, 17:29   #627
BHPian

Quote:
@lilMonSter : However you do this procedure the inner welded part will give way. Heating the paint around the area and rolling it sounds great but in practical conditions it does not work. Trust me my advice is don't do this because I have been in trouble taking this option. I have had to replace my left rear panel because of rusting and that too work was carried out at a MASS and not any local garage.
THanks for the advice bro. i'm going to have to check for rust damage now. hopefully the new paint would have held up. The rubber on my car is a lil wider than what your running. how would you get the fenders flared if you want to accommodate a larger rim\tyre combination? that seems like my best option. going to get in touch with autopsyche soon.

cheers.
Old 17th June 2010, 18:03   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
Even tho bsII alto wagon R vx consoles are incompatible with bsIII cars their ecu being different the alto bsIII can may be use bsIII wagon R or Zen estilo which are exactly same in dimensions to alto.
i.e. bsII -->alto = wagonR (all vx ) 16 bit ecu
bsIII-->alto= wagonR = zen Estilo (all vx) 32 bit ecu
Should I take this chance & attempt an install ?

Can someome post the pinouts of both BS3 wagon & BS3 Alto speedo consoles please
Old 17th June 2010, 23:50   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
Sorry, only after market tachs can be fitted on the clear lens ones as the connections are different & because the ECU is 32 bit in BS3 & was 16 bit in BS2.
OT - Your car's more intelligent than mine it seems

Hey, I am sorry for the delayed response. I seem to have misplaced that sheet of paper where I had all the numbers for the Pricol company & the guy I spoke to. Give me another day & I would find them & post these to you (in case you haven't already figured them out).

Drive safe.
Old 20th June 2010, 06:11   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
THanks for the advice bro. i'm going to have to check for rust damage now. hopefully the new paint would have held up. The rubber on my car is a lil wider than what your running. how would you get the fenders flared if you want to accommodate a larger rim\tyre combination? that seems like my best option. going to get in touch with autopsyche soon.

cheers.
These issues in discussion were the only reasons i lost my 13 inchers after driving in them for about 63 k kms although i used to adore those tyres and rims. But i guess the cons took over me over a period of time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks