Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2010, 18:31   #526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianv2 View Post
Has anyone tried replacing the headlamps of an old Alto to the new clear headlamps?

I have a 2001 Alto VX 1.1 with the old head lamps (non-clear type). I would like to know whether fitting the clear headlamps is possible.

Any help here would be appreciated.
I think it can be done but you would have to replace the front bumper also.
Old 24th February 2010, 18:50   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
BBS ! The ride looks neat and do you have a FFE? If not any plans? Certainly it will look more neat and mean.
Thanks, FFE is next. Maybe after this month's pay. Can anyone please guide me to a place where i can get a good FFE made in chennai. I emailed some places for a quote but got no response.
Old 24th February 2010, 18:57   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone tried replacing the headlamps of an old Alto to the new clear headlamps?

I have a 2001 Alto VX 1.1 with the old head lamps (non-clear type). I would like to know whether fitting the clear headlamps is possible.

i Have changed them, its just a fix it type and they will sit easily
Old 24th February 2010, 19:14   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Arpan who is a member from Mumbai has done this, you can get in touch with him.
Old 13th April 2010, 12:02   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
@rg_chn: Gautam! I have the complete FFE (4x2x1 headers + Intermediate pipes+Muffler+end can) sourced from VIPER. Well! The end can can be of your choice and I don't think it is tilted as the shape of it is so and it is not big for the alto. My ride is the 1st alto in the Video's not the second one

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ge-1-mods.html

@lilMonster: Is your header set up 3x2x1? as I think Autmech makes these for sure and some of our team bhpian alto rides do have them ("amit_mechengg" is one of them I think). In my ride the mid muffler is out for my 4x2x1 set up and I am not sure about Automech.

hey,
Yeah it is the automech kit. but i really want to change the endcan or in my case attach an endcan. but i'm not sure how it would work out without removing the mid muffler. i dont mind getting the pipes fabricated to loose that thing. would it be better to remove the mid muffler and then mount the endcan or would this make the car louder than it is right now. cause it is pretty loud right now
Old 13th April 2010, 12:05   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
I bought them for Rs:2300

Model number & specs:
Hella India | Comet 500

Installation process:

Holes for mounting the clamps:
Attachment 293645

Way the clamps are mounted:
Attachment 293646
Attachment 293648

Clamps were made with thick metal bars so that they don't vibrate:
Attachment 293648

Hey, could you please give me the specs of the steel mounts you got made to mount these. i had a pair of ff700 mounted in the bumper but since i have a new bumper now this seems like a nice way to mount them without cutting the new bumper. i also wqant to know how it gets bolted in. arnt the holes in the bodywork where the base of the frame is mounted used to re attach the bumper bolts from underneath. thanks a lot bbs. love the alto
Old 13th April 2010, 13:10   #532
BHPian

Mods, sorry about the multiple posts. i also want to know how to remove the check engine light from my car. it,s been there ever since i got the knN fitted. have tried getting the sensor changed and i still have the stock sensor. would i require another aftermarket sensor or can i use the stock one with the air filter to get the light to go of. would really appreciate help with this. Has been bothering me for a long time now. even the MASS guys cant resolve this..
Old 13th April 2010, 15:22   #533
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
Mods, sorry about the multiple posts. i also want to know how to remove the check engine light from my car. it,s been there ever since i got the knN fitted. have tried getting the sensor changed and i still have the stock sensor. would i require another aftermarket sensor or can i use the stock one with the air filter to get the light to go of. would really appreciate help with this. Has been bothering me for a long time now. even the MASS guys cant resolve this..
First I would go back to the stock set-up. If the light does go off then you might run a bit on the lean side with the K&N. There could be a number of reasons for it.

If it stays on then you have some other area to look at.
Old 14th April 2010, 16:39   #534
BHPian

Alto old head lamps to clear lens

Hi I have 04 alto lxi had minor front end collision and fitted the new lamps and bumper and the hood stays the same only auto headlamp level retrofit not possible.
Old 15th April 2010, 20:44   #535
BHPian

Quote:
i also want to know how to remove the check engine light from my car. it,s been there ever since i got the knN fitted. have tried getting the sensor changed and i still have the stock sensor. would i require another aftermarket sensor or can i use the stock one with the air filter to get the light to go of. would really appreciate help with this.
Hi, what sensor was changed ? If the check engine light comes on, there's a diagnostic code logged in the ECU about the sensor fault. What procedure did your M.A.S.S follow to try to figure the issue out ? If they have the 'Suzuki Diagnostic Kit' (also called Tech-2), its as simple as plugging it into your car's diagnostic port (the kit is rather expensive, retailing at ~3.6 lakhs, so only the serious shops carry it). Even otherwise, you can find out the sensor at fault by shorting a couple of terminals in what's called the 'Monitor Coupler' - here are a few pics...

Modding an Alto-monitorcoupler_00.jpg

Once you short the terminals indicated, the check engine light will flash one of these codes...

Name:  DTC_Codes_00.JPG
Views: 4100
Size:  290.2 KB

The check engine light will flash in the following pattern...

Modding an Alto-dtc_morse_00.jpg

P.S. - If only the intake was changed & you're getting the CEL, its most likely due to the IAT or the MAP sensor...

Last edited by im_srini : 15th April 2010 at 20:48.
Old 16th April 2010, 10:56   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hi, what sensor was changed ? If the check engine light comes on, there's a diagnostic code logged in the ECU about the sensor fault. What procedure did your M.A.S.S follow to try to figure the issue out ? If they have the 'Suzuki Diagnostic Kit' (also called Tech-2), its as simple as plugging it into your car's diagnostic port (the kit is rather expensive, retailing at ~3.6 lakhs, so only the serious shops carry it). Even otherwise, you can find out the sensor at fault by shorting a couple of terminals in what's called the 'Monitor Coupler' - here are a few pics...

Attachment 330149

Once you short the terminals indicated, the check engine light will flash one of these codes...

Attachment 330150

The check engine light will flash in the following pattern...

Attachment 330151

P.S. - If only the intake was changed & you're getting the CEL, its most likely due to the IAT or the MAP sensor...
Hey,
the sensor that was changed was the one attached to the air intake pipe leading into the throttle body. the maruti guys have also told me it's because of that sensor. i intend to go get ot sorted but i would like to know which sensor would be required to replace it. if there is any specific model number or make..planning to put the stock thing back but it would make the car run lean which is not something i want to do. any kind of help would be much appreciated.
Old 16th April 2010, 12:14   #537
CPH
BHPian

Why would it run lean???
Old 16th April 2010, 14:16   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
Why would it run lean???
i think it would run lean cause the stock sensor is calibrated to run with the stock air filter which is much smaller and hence allows a smaller quantity of air into the throttle body and accordingly affects the AF mixture. therefore i think running a CAI with the stock sensor would make the car run lean as there is more air going into the TB but the amount of fuel required to get the perfect mixture would not be given. more air less fuel = lean AF mix. at least thats what i think. considering the sensor is one of the things that helps the ECU decide how much fuel to inject. i could be wrong though. Feel free to correct me if i am. This is just something mentioned a few posts down and made me think cause i had not thought about it before.
Old 16th April 2010, 15:05   #539
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
i think it would run lean cause the stock sensor is calibrated to run with the stock air filter which is much smaller and hence allows a smaller quantity of air into the throttle body and accordingly affects the AF mixture. therefore i think running a CAI with the stock sensor would make the car run lean as there is more air going into the TB but the amount of fuel required to get the perfect mixture would not be given. more air less fuel = lean AF mix. at least thats what i think. considering the sensor is one of the things that helps the ECU decide how much fuel to inject. i could be wrong though. Feel free to correct me if i am. This is just something mentioned a few posts down and made me think cause i had not thought about it before.
If you have an AFM it meters the air through a defined AFR housing diameter. If you remove it from the housing and place it in a pipe of a larger diameter it would reference the measured values wrong. If the car has got a map sensor or additionally a map sensor it would pick up the changes in the manifold pressure.

Even if they are failing you still have the lambda sensor, which will correct the fueling to a certain extend.

The ECU can adapt in quite a wide range to changes.
Old 16th April 2010, 17:35   #540
BHPian

Quote:
the sensor that was changed was the one attached to the air intake pipe leading into the throttle body. the maruti guys have also told me it's because of that sensor. i intend to go get ot sorted but i would like to know which sensor would be required to replace it. if there is any specific model number or make.. planning to put the stock thing back but it would make the car run lean which is not something i want to do.
Hi, can you look at the following pic & mention the sensor that was identified as causing your CEL & changed ? I'm assuming it's sensor '1' from your description, in which case it's the IAT (Intake Air Temperature).

Name:  TB_Alto_2.PNG
Views: 5940
Size:  906.5 KB

It's not a sensor that would usually cause a CEL. The IAT sensor just measures temperature, you can even pull it out of the intake & it will not cause a CEL ! Can you double-check with your M.A.S.S regarding the procedure they followed to identify this particular sensor as the culprit ? Also ask them to check the connecting plug to this sensor & the associated wiring leading up to the ECU.

Did you change just the filter, or the complete intake ? A good pic of your intake & engine-bay would be nice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks