Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 16:40   #571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
Yes I know that you get aftermarket fogs for the alto which can be fitted into the slots indicated by me but IMHO the ones which are available are very small and serve consmetic purpose only. I was trying to explore the idea of cutting a circle within the existing insert (the black area in the pic above) and then retrofitting a bigger light which will complement the headlamps. Any ideas please? Has anyone done this before?
Bobby,

There is a pair of fog lamps (rather driving lamps) from Hella Saurabh da got for his City. They throw some really good light on the road. Also they have an white LED ring around them for that bling effect.

Also would suggest to get the fog lamps first and then cut the plastic for proper fitting.
Old 4th June 2010, 16:49   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS Power View Post
Bobby,

There is a pair of fog lamps (rather driving lamps) from Hella Saurabh da got for his City. They throw some really good light on the road. Also they have an white LED ring around them for that bling effect.

Also would suggest to get the fog lamps first and then cut the plastic for proper fitting.
Hey thanks mate. Can you get some details about the lights for me please.
Old 5th June 2010, 00:40   #573
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

I want to get a tachometer, oil temparature & oil pressure gauge installed in my Alto. Any idea where I can get something reliable & reasonable, in Delhi? I have looked at Autoguage & it is expensive for me.

I have read through this entire thread & Pricol seems to be a good choice but am not aware if they can provide me with anything apart from a tachometer. Plus, I also request the contact of some dealers in Delhi or Gurgaon for Pricol stuff.

Thanks. Request a quick response as I am planning to get this done this weekend.
Old 5th June 2010, 01:05   #574
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the repeat post, but forgot to ask this.

I am also looking at the possibility of getting a larger throttle body installed, thinking that it would help in increase in performance. Please advise on the possible effects of this, the possible cost involved of procuring a larger throttle body, the place from where it can be obtained & any other vehicle whose throttle body can be bolted onto the Alto engine (like maybe the Wagon R)?

If feasible, I would get this done within the next week as well.
Old 7th June 2010, 00:05   #575
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Please help me out here, any inputs would be really helpful. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hi all,

I want to get a tachometer, oil temparature & oil pressure gauge installed in my Alto. Any idea where I can get something reliable & reasonable, in Delhi? I have looked at Autoguage & it is expensive for me.

I have read through this entire thread & Pricol seems to be a good choice but am not aware if they can provide me with anything apart from a tachometer. Plus, I also request the contact of some dealers in Delhi or Gurgaon for Pricol stuff.

Thanks. Request a quick response as I am planning to get this done this weekend.
Quote:
Sorry for the repeat post, but forgot to ask this.

I am also looking at the possibility of getting a larger throttle body installed, thinking that it would help in increase in performance. Please advise on the possible effects of this, the possible cost involved of procuring a larger throttle body, the place from where it can be obtained & any other vehicle whose throttle body can be bolted onto the Alto engine (like maybe the Wagon R)?

If feasible, I would get this done within the next week as well.
Old 7th June 2010, 03:04   #576
Senior - BHPian

You can tyr fitting the tach of the Astar/ritz. Someone in the forum has done it. Or you can fit the whole console from the Vxi.
Old 7th June 2010, 03:48   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
You can tyr fitting the tach of the Astar/ritz. Someone in the forum has done it. Or you can fit the whole console from the Vxi.
Hi mate,

Thanks for the response. Buddy, can you tell me the ID of that person who has installed the tachometer from AStar to his Alto. Also, I had encquired about the VX console, & it is not available from the MASS.

Plus, any idea on the throttl vale query.

THanks.
Old 7th June 2010, 11:22   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Hi mate,

Thanks for the response. Buddy, can you tell me the ID of that person who has installed the tachometer from AStar to his Alto. Also, I had encquired about the VX console, & it is not available from the MASS.

Plus, any idea on the throttl vale query.

THanks.
I believe the VX console is same as the estilo vx , so the same panel (pricol)
should be a fit in alto dash.
Old 7th June 2010, 21:06   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
I believe the VX console is same as the estilo vx , so the same panel (pricol)
should be a fit in alto dash.
Thanks Ranjith, I will confirm this, but are you sure as I have never heard or read any post about this?

Regards.
Old 7th June 2010, 22:54   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ranjith, I will confirm this, but are you sure as I have never heard or read any post about this?

Regards.
i am not 100% sure , but from my observation , the earlier wagon R vxi , the alto vxi and estilo vxi ( prior to the new one) shared the same instrument cluster. The third picture in the below link is the one.

http://www.pricol.com/Products/CarsM...entCluster.htm

One thing for sure , most of the authorized service centers wont help you in these kind of things unless you know someone there personally.
Old 8th June 2010, 00:15   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Yes I know that you get aftermarket fogs for the alto which can be fitted into the slots indicated by me but IMHO the ones which are available are very small and serve consmetic purpose only. I was trying to explore the idea of cutting a circle within the existing insert (the black area in the pic above) and then retrofitting a bigger light which will complement the headlamps. Any ideas please? Has anyone done this before?
Even i have the standard fog lamps in my alto and i can easily compare its efficiency with my linea's fog lamps. here are a few things which should be taken care of:-
1. the reflector of the fog lamps should be good
2. the bulbs used should be of the prescribed power
3. (important) the wiring of the fog lamps should not be in series but in parallel so as to get the best outcome.
4. the wire used should be the one which is meant to handle the load as many installers use the speaker cables to wire the fog lamps and the customers end up with burnt wires
5.(safety) please use fuse to break the circuit incase of any short circuit

for any further help please fell free to pm me.
Old 8th June 2010, 01:33   #582
Senior - BHPian

Found the link.
http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Album?ui...aid=1264062744
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...upgrade-3.html
Hop it helps.
Old 8th June 2010, 04:32   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Well I know the legal point but want to know if it will damage the current reflector or not.

And do you have any info if it can be fitted with projector lense after replacing the current setup?
Mainly, it depends upon projector lens but most of the projectors are made to use the hid's in it. So there will be no problem to fit hids in projectors after replacing current setup.

I hope this helps you.
Old 8th June 2010, 05:06   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Okay I was thinking if it's possible to cut a circle around the two bumper grills on an ALTO and fit a couple of "FOG LAMPS" - see the attached image below:

I have seen people using the small(tiny) bumper fog lamps from the Wagon R on the ALTO but I doubt if they actually serve any practical purpose at all. Mine is more of a functional requirement. I would like to install an extra set of lights on the bumper to help during night driving as I cover long dark stretches at night. If the above modifications is possible then can someone tell me which will be the right aftermarket lamp that I should be looking at taking into consideration the size of the grill, weight, durability, power requirement, price and quality of light.

Check out this Hella Lamp Hella India | Aftermarket

Bit unsure about size. Do you have exact size of that square thing ?
Old 8th June 2010, 08:54   #585
BHPian

fog lights

hey bro,

have a look at this link,

2008 Alto - Hot Runner - hvishwanathan's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP

I have fitted the fog lights on my alto and with Philips 4000k bulbs they are very bright.

Regards,
vish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks