Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 08:05   #556
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I am surprised. Was it bought brand new from the show room? If yes, then it must be some kind of limited edition model.

AFAIK all earlier model Altos with tubeless tyres have undergone tyre upgrade after the purhase.
Yes sir the car along with stock tyres was bought from the Maruti Auth. Showroom in the last week of March this year. Its not any limited edition model. Just the regular BS3 one. Color shade Blue Blaze. Model LXi.
Old 2nd June 2010, 08:44   #557
BHPian

When I was into buying my Alto last year, we made a lot of fuss about getting tubeless and not getting Apollo tires. We found that tubeless cost only Rs.500/- more than the tube types; for the set. However car dealers make a huge fuss out of it. After a year I find all this hype was not worth the worry. My tubed Apollo tires are doing fine. I really love my Alto for FE, for ease of drive, for comfort (golly). The only thing I miss is a wee bit more of power. Even that is not important as most times I prefer to drive sedately.
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:26   #558
Senior - BHPian

was browsing when I came across this:
Attached Thumbnails
Modding an Alto-20748_30290.jpg  

Modding an Alto-20748_24042.jpg  

Old 2nd June 2010, 10:30   #559
BHPian

sorry but other than the tyre and alloy, my first impression was yaak!! what the hell he has done to the car
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:49   #560
BHPian

now check this out

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3803165

I find it the best modded alto in the world
This guy has spent more than $8000

Last edited by nick17s : 2nd June 2010 at 10:51.
Old 2nd June 2010, 12:12   #561
BHPian

Very innovative! I love the SX4 style headlamps and colour coordination

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
now check this out

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3803165

I find it the best modded alto in the world
This guy has spent more than $8000
Old 2nd June 2010, 12:59   #562
BHPian

Supercharging an alto

considering this is the right section for this post. i have a query,
Ever thought of supercharging your alto. Superchargers are better suited to small capacity engines as compared to turbos, and are relatively simpler to install and run reliably. my friend has just ordered a supercharger for his bike and i was toying with the idea of plonking it in my alto.

The supercharger in question is an AISIN - AMR 300, Originally came fitted in the subaru vivio, which was a 660cc kei car. Did a little research and found out it could be fitted on most sub 1L engines.

Now what i need to know is what all other parts would i require. as we are just getting the SC and none of the other bits required. would really like an expert to comment on the feasibility of the project. i dont want to run an insane amount of boost either, 5-7 psi would be great, just to give this little car a little more punch. considering it worked on a 660cc engine it should work fine on our 0.8 alto. wouldnt an alto sound killer with a loud exhaust and that supercharger whine

Looking forward to your expert feedback.
Old 3rd June 2010, 00:21   #563
Senior - BHPian

overkill mate.
Nos, scissoring doors, etc, but no fog lamps?
Old 3rd June 2010, 00:26   #564
BHPian

Guys, I have searched many places but similar answers when I looked out for a set of HID headlights with projecter lenses -"can not be fitted in Alto", but I differ, I know it can be done, need an advice,
if I put HID lamps without projecter lense what will happen?

If I replace the reflector and put Algel eyes, will they stay?
Old 3rd June 2010, 07:38   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Guys, I have searched many places but similar answers when I looked out for a set of HID headlights with projecter lenses -"can not be fitted in Alto", but I differ, I know it can be done, need an advice,
if I put HID lamps without projecter lense what will happen?

If I replace the reflector and put Algel eyes, will they stay?

Use of HID lamps without projector are illegal on streets for more info refer to the http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...d-xenon-8.html thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:15   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamback View Post
Use of HID lamps without projector are illegal on streets for more info refer to the http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...d-xenon-8.html thread
Well I know the legal point but want to know if it will damage the current reflector or not.

And do you have any info if it can be fitted with projector lense after replacing the current setup?
Old 4th June 2010, 02:33   #567
BHPian

Bumper Fog Lamp query??

Okay I was thinking if it's possible to cut a circle around the two bumper grills on an ALTO and fit a couple of "FOG LAMPS" - see the attached image below:

I have seen people using the small(tiny) bumper fog lamps from the Wagon R on the ALTO but I doubt if they actually serve any practical purpose at all. Mine is more of a functional requirement. I would like to install an extra set of lights on the bumper to help during night driving as I cover long dark stretches at night. If the above modifications is possible then can someone tell me which will be the right aftermarket lamp that I should be looking at taking into consideration the size of the grill, weight, durability, power requirement, price and quality of light.
Old 4th June 2010, 07:42   #568
Senior - BHPian

Similar question, I have the '04 Alto. with different bumper. Can the fog lights be fixed after cutting the bumper? BTW sabret00the, the slots you've indicated are for fog lamps.
Old 4th June 2010, 08:53   #569
BHPian

No Fog lamps for old bumper

Hi the fog lamp fittment for old bumper is impossible but on new alto bumper u have to remove the 2 black inserts and then buy fog lamps and cut those 2 inserts and fit them. Unlike wagon R there is no mga/p fog lamp available. Ps the space behind those bumper inserts too is tiny and the fog lamps will be a tight fit.Last time I asked local fog lamps for alto were 1200-1300 a pair.But not a straight fit.
Old 4th June 2010, 09:28   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Similar question, I have the '04 Alto. with different bumper. Can the fog lights be fixed after cutting the bumper? BTW sabret00the, the slots you've indicated are for fog lamps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
Hi the fog lamp fittment for old bumper is impossible but on new alto bumper u have to remove the 2 black inserts and then buy fog lamps and cut those 2 inserts and fit them. Unlike wagon R there is no mga/p fog lamp available. Ps the space behind those bumper inserts too is tiny and the fog lamps will be a tight fit.Last time I asked local fog lamps for alto were 1200-1300 a pair.But not a straight fit.
Yes I know that you get aftermarket fogs for the alto which can be fitted into the slots indicated by me but IMHO the ones which are available are very small and serve consmetic purpose only. I was trying to explore the idea of cutting a circle within the existing insert (the black area in the pic above) and then retrofitting a bigger light which will complement the headlamps. Any ideas please? Has anyone done this before?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks