Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2010, 18:41   #541
Senior - BHPian

I am thinking about cutting my Alto's exhaust pipe like the illustration given below:

Advantages that I can think of:
1. When I wade through water, the smoke pipe gets higher clearance (primary reason)
2. I don't need to cut the bumper, as exhaust smoke would be directed to the ground.

Can you think of any disadvantages (mileage drop, more sound, corrosion to underbody because of spreading of exhaust fumes)?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp ExhaustCut.bmp (90.6 KB, 376 views)
Old 17th April 2010, 15:03   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
how are the Xenos new range products with central locking and power windows? any reviews?
I've been using Xenos central locking for about a year now. No problemo. However you'll have to turn off the car every time someone wants to get off the car. You'll have to lock it as soon as you take out the key and get off the car else it's going to squeak twice after few seconds to remind you that the car is unlocked.
Old 17th April 2010, 16:50   #543
BHPian

@Srini.

Are you sure disconnecting the IAT sensor would not display the CEL light ??What i have noticed is in my zen it does pop a CEL light and the same is identified when i use a jumper to jump wires in the socket located on the extreme right near the battery,with the jumper in place the CEL flashes a couple of times and i cross check with the chart which shows me which sensor is at fault..
Old 17th April 2010, 22:30   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
The IAT sensor just measures temperature, you can even pull it out of the intake & it will not cause a CEL !
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Are you sure disconnecting the IAT sensor would not display the CEL light ??What i have noticed is in my zen it does pop a CEL light and the same is identified when i use a jumper to jump wires in the socket located on the extreme right near the battery,with the jumper in place the CEL flashes a couple of times and i cross check with the chart which shows me which sensor is at fault.
Hi Scorpio, I guess I was rather vague, what I meant was that you can pull the IAT sensor out of the intake pipe & it will not throw a CEL. I was trying to say that the stock IAT sensor in a different intake pipe should not cause a CEL (which appears to be the case with lilMonster's Alto). In fact I've run my car with the IAT sensor out of the intake tube - wrapped in insulating foil & even ice (poor man's tri-phase) .

As you've observed, if you disconnect any of the sensors from the harness, you will get a CEL. Which is why lilMonster should be checking the sensor plug & wiring to the ECU.

Last edited by im_srini : 17th April 2010 at 22:31.
Old 18th April 2010, 21:02   #545
BHPian

hmmm,
i will try your poor mans tri-phase......What i did was cut and solder more length of wire and taped it to my a.c suction pipe which is chilled and boom u have the sensor thinking its super cold
Old 23rd April 2010, 10:46   #546
BHPian

Hey,sorry about being MIA but this weeks been hectic at work. i should hopefully upload some pics of the engine bay tomorrow. i'm planning to go and get the air filter re installed with the stock sensor and initial stock tubing like how it's done in the pic you posted. that should help resolve the CEL issue. if it does not then i guess it's back to the drawing board. do you know where i could get the intake pipe and the adapter to fit it to the stock intake tubing which houses the IAT thingie. or would i have to get it fabricated from someone. also i would like to know how much you paid for your CAI. planning to get either the apollo kit or something similar. will keep the KnN as a back up.
Old 31st May 2010, 22:08   #547
Senior - BHPian

Have one serious query regarding the tire type of Pre BS4 version alto. What type of tires did alto came in were they tube ones or tubeless ones? I am talking of 2010 model Alto.
Old 1st June 2010, 11:08   #548
BHPian

alrighty. Got the Filter re-installed this weekend. still have the CEL. am going to take the car to m.a.s.s. this weekend so they can plug in their Diagnostic tool and tell me the reason for the cel. Hopefully this should be resolved by this weekend, otherwise i'm going back to stock setup to see if the light goes.
will keep you guys posted.
Old 1st June 2010, 11:31   #549
Senior - BHPian

Can anybody help me regarding my post no.547. Its very urgent.
Old 1st June 2010, 12:05   #550
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Have one serious query regarding the tire type of Pre BS4 version alto. What type of tires did alto came in were they tube ones or tubeless ones? I am talking of 2010 model Alto.
They should be tubeless.
Old 1st June 2010, 12:15   #551
Senior - BHPian

OK thanks for clearing my doubts. But why is then New Alto being hyped as its equipped with tubeless radials. If it was there in previous models then why is Maruti listing these unnecessary positive points.
Old 1st June 2010, 12:58   #552
Senior - BHPian

All BS III Altos came with only tube type tyres as standard.
Old 1st June 2010, 15:47   #553
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
OK thanks for clearing my doubts. But why is then New Alto being hyped as its equipped with tubeless radials. If it was there in previous models then why is Maruti listing these unnecessary positive points.
Possibly because sales people have got talking points. I wouldn't necessarily claim that this is a positive point from the users position. In a couple of instances I wish I had tubes at hand.
Old 1st June 2010, 22:08   #554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
All BS III Altos came with only tube type tyres as standard.
Even i thought the same but asked the question regarding this as my BS3 Alto LXi has tyres written TUBELESS. After seeing this i got confused as to what type of tyres are fitted. Or is it that tube tyres also carry the impression of TUBELESS.
Will post some pics tomorrow for reference.
Old 1st June 2010, 23:33   #555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even i thought the same but asked the question regarding this as my BS3 Alto LXi has tyres written TUBELESS. After seeing this i got confused as to what type of tyres are fitted. Or is it that tube tyres also carry the impression of TUBELESS.
Will post some pics tomorrow for reference.
I am surprised. Was it bought brand new from the show room? If yes, then it must be some kind of limited edition model.

AFAIK all earlier model Altos with tubeless tyres have undergone tyre upgrade after the purhase.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks