Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2009, 01:36   #436
BHPian

Guys, need some help regarding the paintjob, this morning i started to notice that no matter how much i cleaned or waxed the car, the water would not bead and dust just settles on it. The swirl marks are getting bigger and bigger and quite noticeable now, i feel i will have to go for a new paintjob now as with waxing and rubbing and polishing also these marks aren't going. Any suggestions on where i can take my car to get a new paintjob?? Within Delhi please.
Old 8th May 2009, 01:41   #437
Senior - BHPian

I heard alot about Pandit & co. in the North seems they are good for paint jobs
Old 8th May 2009, 02:09   #438
Senior - BHPian

Pandit and Co. is really known for Awesome paint jobs.

Tekhand Village
Okhla Industrial Estate
Delhi-110020
Old 8th May 2009, 03:03   #439
Senior - BHPian

Abix,
I suggest you take it back to Arush once. There is no harm in getting this fixed from him again. I am sure this time around he would be extra careful with the job. And he is not going to charge you anything as this is a visible defect in a very short span. Afterall with all the criticism, he surely would want to correct/change some things. It makes more monetary sense than spending again on what you have already spent. A new quality job from Pandit will surely set you back by another 35-40k I guess.

Just ensure the timelines/deadlines and make your expectations clear (use pen and paper if required). Fix an appointment when he can spent some quality time on getting the job done and supervise it at a personal level to get it right this time. Since he outsources( as I assume) some paint work outside, he alone wont be bearing the brunrt, but would pass some of it to others too, which again makes business sense too.

Not taking any sides, just remember that its a very old car and some problems are expected to prop in. Taking it to a BMW workshop surely makes more sense as they have worked on more such cars than any other garage. Some problems can surely be better dealt with experience.
Old 8th May 2009, 09:26   #440
Senior - BHPian

Pandit & Co is the safest bet. Another good option comes to my mind is a certain Merc workshop whose 12 year old E 240 looks like it has come out of the factory yesterday. I think we both know who we are talking about.

Cheers
Old 8th May 2009, 18:08   #441
Senior - BHPian

I would like to know what exactly is the cause of this problem?

I've heard roadside garages not getting the color matching right, but IMO a good paintjob is not so difficult to get right - it's the denting and removing of dings etc. which requires finesse. Arush is an expert in body work - but why's he getting the paint all wrong??
Old 8th May 2009, 18:11   #442
Senior - BHPian

Pandit & Co is the best when it comes to re-painting your vehicle!

i have first hand experience with him, he did my red M1000 and it was really really appriciated by many people in NOIDA and delhi.
Old 8th May 2009, 18:19   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
I would like to know what exactly is the cause of this problem?

I've heard roadside garages not getting the color matching right, but IMO a good paintjob is not so difficult to get right - it's the denting and removing of dings etc. which requires finesse. Arush is an expert in body work - but why's he getting the paint all wrong??

Shortcuts & SUB-STANDARD materials are the primary causes.
Old 8th May 2009, 18:31   #444
BANNED

id suggest pandit & co. too no point going to the same tuner again as you already know that its not only your car which has the same problems with the paintjob so why waste time and effort get it done from a reputed place now.

AM
Old 8th May 2009, 21:03   #445
BHPian

Another beemer going to dogs. Sheesh.
A tuner is some who has high levels of experience in tuning engines and also has race winning credits. Now you cant call Chip Foose a Tuner, can you?
For an engine swap or technical stuff, leave it with the experts. Come down south for the real stuff.
Also for restoration and rebuilds, you need to approach again an expert or atleast the dealer.
Now, the paint job (which was the only forte of autopsyche) is also showing its true colors. This is miserable.
Old 8th May 2009, 21:48   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
Another beemer going to dogs. Sheesh.
A tuner is some who has high levels of experience in tuning engines and also has race winning credits. Now you cant call Chip Foose a Tuner, can you?
For an engine swap or technical stuff, leave it with the experts. Come down south for the real stuff.
Also for restoration and rebuilds, you need to approach again an expert or atleast the dealer.
Now, the paint job (which was the only forte of autopsyche) is also showing its true colors. This is miserable.

Could not agree with you more !!

Cheers
Old 21st May 2009, 11:28   #447
Senior - BHPian

@abix

Any updates ? How is the car faring in the Delhi summer ? Did you finally deciede on the Paintjob..

Cheers
Old 21st May 2009, 15:52   #448
BHPian

The car is faring well, the daily running is just fine. The aircon is workin well also, however, its not upto how i want it. Even our baleno cools way better in 40 degree + temperatures. I was advised by Phil (speedsport) to go in for a Siemen (don't know if thats how its spelt) compressor, which should help cool the car to my expectations. As far as the paintjob is concerned. Im in two minds these days, as i might be going in for the new laura that is in the market or a used RS, which would require me to sell this car. Nothing is decided as yet.
Old 21st May 2009, 16:43   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abix View Post
The car is faring well, the daily running is just fine. The aircon is workin well also, however, its not upto how i want it. Even our baleno cools way better in 40 degree + temperatures. I was advised by Phil (speedsport) to go in for a Siemen (don't know if thats how its spelt) compressor, which should help cool the car to my expectations. As far as the paintjob is concerned. Im in two minds these days, as i might be going in for the new laura that is in the market or a used RS, which would require me to sell this car. Nothing is decided as yet.

Nice to know that..as for the compressor, it is probably Siemens (German) Oh so are you selling this car ? If yes a repaint surely would do not good.

The new diesel Laura ? I did not know they changed the model, did they ? Well that with a Pete's remap will be F A S T. You may find many a used Lauras in the market though. Good RS is hard to find.

Anyway, happy hunting

Cheers
Old 21st May 2009, 17:35   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even our baleno cools way better in 40 degree + temperatures.
Well the Baleno has an impressive ac & when it was launched it was rated better than the ac of the then S class

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks