Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2009, 22:01   #406
BHPian

Hey guys, just got my car back today from the service center. There was an air block in the radiator which was causing the car to heat up. Drove the car today in heat and the heating up issue has gone. Will try again once more tomorrow. Been advised that if the issue crops up again, will have to change the radiator itself. The gear oils were also low causing slight jerks while shifting, which were taken care of and are now smooth.

Ricky sir, i know what u mean regarding the paintjob, as now i have started noticing swivel marks all over my car, and i make sure my car is always cleaned the proper way. Not very happy about that.

Will write more tomorrow after another drive in the heat.

Cheers
Old 28th April 2009, 09:14   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abix View Post
Hey guys, just got my car back today from the service center. There was an air block in the radiator which was causing the car to heat up. Drove the car today in heat and the heating up issue has gone. Will try again once more tomorrow. Been advised that if the issue crops up again, will have to change the radiator itself. The gear oils were also low causing slight jerks while shifting, which were taken care of and are now smooth.

# The gear oil & all other liquids should have been checked / topped up / replaced when the car was being redone at Autopsyche. That is the most basic thing any garage is expected to do.

Ricky sir, i know what u mean regarding the paintjob, as now i have started noticing swivel marks all over my car, and i make sure my car is always cleaned the proper way. Not very happy about that.

# Is the paint blistering or getting rough ? That is what had happened to my car. If that is the case - THE ONLY - solution is to have the car scapped to bare sheet metal & then redo the whole paint process.

I do hope you don't need that !! Because then the next thing you know is your interiors will be ruined.

Will write more tomorrow after another drive in the heat.

Cheers

# My observations are posted above

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 28th April 2009 at 09:15.
Old 1st May 2009, 09:24   #408
Senior - BHPian

Any updates Abix ?? We already are at 43 degrees + !!!!! How is the car behaving ?

Cheers
Old 1st May 2009, 09:33   #409
BHPian

Hello sir, its been 4 days since i got my car from the service center, and have been driving it at peak heat time of 12 - 2 and the temperature is stable. The air conditioning is also effective, so i am quite happy with the work done. The paint however, i got it recently waxed and polished and even the guys waxing the car said that there are swivel marks all over the car. This is one thing i really am quite irritated about as there is no other option but to go all the way to sheet metal and repaint the car.
Old 1st May 2009, 18:56   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello sir, its been 4 days since i got my car from the service center, and have been driving it at peak heat time of 12 - 2 and the temperature is stable. The air conditioning is also effective, so i am quite happy with the work done. The paint however, i got it recently waxed and polished and even the guys waxing the car said that there are swivel marks all over the car. This is one thing i really am quite irritated about as there is no other option but to go all the way to sheet metal and repaint the car.

If the car has endured the heat on Delhi roads in the past few days - I'd say your cooling system is pretty much home. As we all know it is horribly hot nowadays !

As for the paint. Sorry to hear of substandard work once more. Hope you get a free re-do.

Cheers
Old 1st May 2009, 21:16   #411
BHPian

Hey guys, slight mishap the night before, was heading over to Gurgaon after a party and near the Dhaula Kuan petrol pump, there was a hard speed breaker which i did not notice and went over it at a good 120-130kmph, the result of that is the front left rim has a slight bend. The allignment of the car isn't affected nor is the car wobbling (surprising? i know! ) What i want to know is, what can be done to straighten out the bend as much as possible, though im aware it will never be as it was originally. Any suggestions are most welcome, will post pics to show the bend. Cheers
Old 1st May 2009, 21:45   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, slight mishap the night before, was heading over to Gurgaon after a party and near the Dhaula Kuan petrol pump, there was a hard speed breaker which i did not notice and went over it at a good 120-130kmph, the result of that is the front left rim has a slight bend. The allignment of the car isn't affected nor is the car wobbling (surprising? i know! ) What i want to know is, what can be done to straighten out the bend as much as possible, though im aware it will never be as it was originally. Any suggestions are most welcome, will post pics to show the bend. Cheers
Allignment not affected, that shows the german build quality.

These threads would be of interest to you:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-repaired.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-possible.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-bent-rim.html

Last edited by PatienceWins : 1st May 2009 at 21:49.
Old 1st May 2009, 22:48   #413
BHPian

Cheers for that patiencewins, will surely try to hit up Karol Bagh market and ask around.
Old 1st May 2009, 23:13   #414
Senior - BHPian

Really Sorry to hear about the incident Abix, The Construction happening all over Delhi has surely left many of these "BLIND SPOT" speed breakers and you hit them quite easily specially while driving around in the night.

Is the Tire okk?? Any Bulge or tire wall fracture, You cant try karol bagh, Though the rim wont get back to normal, but can be repaired to some extent. Interchange the rear Tire with the Front, So that at least you have two perfect tires in the front.
Old 1st May 2009, 23:30   #415
Senior - BHPian

What size tires and alloys are you running Abix? Welcome to my world though.
Old 2nd May 2009, 02:01   #416
BHPian

There is actually no bubbling on the tire. Running lenso 17's on Yokohama A drives 215/45

Last edited by Abix : 2nd May 2009 at 02:02. Reason: Forgot to add something
Old 2nd May 2009, 18:38   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cheers for that patiencewins, will surely try to hit up Karol Bagh market and ask around.

Just a thought. These rims were sourced by Autopsyche ?

If yes, then all you have to do is ask Arush to get it sorted out or get you one fresh alloy if this one cannot be staightened out...Unless ofcourse you wanna run it at the rear, as it is not bubbling.

Cheers
Old 2nd May 2009, 20:29   #418
Senior - BHPian

Contact Ajit Singh & Sons at 011-24376803 .. AFAIK they are the ones with the proper equipment who everyone (including other alloy dealers) go to to get repairs done

Else, you can keep driving like I've been doing. No harm - been 2 years plus now.
Old 2nd May 2009, 22:09   #419
BHPian

To add on to Manveet's post, here is the number for Bittoo, a Sardarji who works there and is part of the family-09811209716, the workshop is located in Bawana, which is farther than Rohini or you can leave the alloy at Jangpura market, below the Lajpat Nagar flyover and collect it the next day.
I got my OHC's alloys straightened from them and was really impressed by their work, its basically laythe machine work and a little old school machinery but straightening of alloys is done very skillfully.
Old 2nd May 2009, 23:43   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Now you know what really amazes me about these "master pieces" is that there are individuals in other countries who are modding these cars in their private garages or backyards, sometimes even on trial and error basis and many of whom are extremely successful!

Why is it then that so called "professional" tuners here in India are making a mess out of it? For someone who's worked on a multitude of cars it should be in essence a piece of cake!

Caution: I realize that there are a lot of personal attacks taking place against the tuner in question. I have nothing against the gentleman, nor his business interest, nor do I intend to defame him in any way.
Hello DocG,
Iam not biased to anyone here. The tuner who is being targeted here is one of the best in the industry and its the same guy who had been producing wonderful cars for a couple of years now. Its not that all tuners or few tuners do a flaw free mod. In a country like ours where modding and performance upgrade is growing and still maturing at a fast pace we should be happy that we have some tuners in existence when compared to other countries where modding is at its peak with advanced technology. Its the same guy who had done wonderful job on Abix earlier projects.

Iam sure this tuner would have some rationale for some issues that has cropped up.

So lets support our tuners in our country and let them help us with a solution to the issues that crop up than putting them down.

No offence to anyone here, just sharing thoughts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks