Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2009, 15:45   #391
Senior - BHPian

@ Abix

Has your car been sorted out yet ? Do let us know what all was needed to get it back on the road.

Cheers
Old 21st April 2009, 17:14   #392
Team-BHP Support

@Abix: If you are worried about the mechanicals shouldn't be you contacting a BMW A>S>S or somebody who has expertise with the same? Hope you are doing that. Might be expensive option, but well worth it for an old car.

Its not an easy job to get a 10 year old to health in one go, unless you are in for complete replacement of parts mode.
Old 21st April 2009, 23:08   #393
BHPian

Hey guys, got the car back today. The car does feel a lot better. The RPM no longer flutters below 1000 but stays right below it even after braking. Most happy about that. The over heating problem has been sorted out, although the mechanic would be coming once again in the morning to check out whether the fan belt is worn out and if so might cause overheating again. Will write up again after hearing from the mechanic.

Cheers
Old 22nd April 2009, 09:45   #394
Senior - BHPian

Nice to know that the car is back - so what all needed to be done ?? Hope it runs well now.

Cheers
Old 22nd April 2009, 10:49   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
@Abix: If you are worried about the mechanicals shouldn't be you contacting a BMW A>S>S or somebody who has expertise with the same? Hope you are doing that. Might be expensive option, but well worth it for an old car.

Its not an easy job to get a 10 year old to health in one go, unless you are in for complete replacement of parts mode.
I agree with Jaggu.

I get my E36 serviced at Navnit Motors only. Might be a little more expensive but worth every penny.

Frankly, I get it serviced once a year even though it doesnt tell me that the Inspection I/II is to be done (On board comp give info in dash when oil service or Inspection stage I/II is needed).

Ofcourse if you want to tune your engine to a couple of hundred horses more than the stock 104 BHP , then u need a tuner.

Regards,
Inder
Old 23rd April 2009, 19:10   #396
Senior - BHPian

@ abix

So what is happening - long silence makes me start to "think" !! What is the update ? Did the car finally get sorted out ?

Do keep us posted

Cheers
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:22   #397
BHPian

lol !mr ever inquisitive rickyji... think the worst. was with abix yesterday and drove the car for the 1st time after its been done. and i dont know what to say .. its worse than it was earlier ! yes the suspension feels tight now but apart from that the auto shifts worse than before, the engine hunts randomly, and the most shocking part is that in the pics the paint did look awesme but in reality there is orange peel on certain panels and the misterious 'faulty' putty has resurfaced on this cars bonnet like your lancer. the interior has not been put back together, light which arent suppsd to be there are coming on, light which were working before now arent. all this in the dash.

overall the car still needs to go a long way to get sorted out.. the looks department is almost there but mechanically its in close to shambles... and to top it all it broke down temprly again in the afternoon before MR DIY abix sorted it . its sad .. i would have been totally disheartnd if i were you .

Last edited by speedsport : 23rd April 2009 at 20:31.
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:36   #398
BHPian

. What's happening to all the Beemers being souped up? Abix,that looked like one killer ride, but i guess it is not going anywhere anytime soon is it.
Good Luck with getting her back into the shape she deserves to be in..
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:38   #399
BHPian

I think you should take the car to the BMW *** like advised for AM. All this should be added to the Tuner experience threads.
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:47   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
I think you should take the car to the BMW *** like advised for AM. All this should be added to the Tuner experience threads.

Could not agree with you more - this should definately be on the TUNER EXPERIENCE THREAD.

We must also remember that the customer had given his car for a re-build "bumper to bumper" as has been said in the thread.

Old 23rd April 2009, 22:05   #401
Senior - BHPian

This is very bad. It sad to see what is happening to all the beamers.

Please stick to BMW service centre from now on. I do not think anyone here has the capability to understand these german master pieces.
Old 23rd April 2009, 23:02   #402
BHPian

Hi guys, yes speedsport is correct, there are certain aspects of the car which aren't functioning as they were supposed to. The RPM problem today has resurfaced again but i understand that is totally due to a faulty air flow meter which needs to be replaced. As far as the radiator problem goes, the car works brilliantly at night, the temperature needle sticks bang to the middle, however, during the day and if stuck in traffic which is 90% inevitable the temperature needle starts to rise and today hit the red mark again. Thankfully i had reached nearby to the destination and so let the car cool down for about 2-3 hours after which driving back in the evening it didnt give any problems. I think this is because of the thermostat which cools the fan according to a European country's spec and maybe thats why under our Indian heat it doesn't hold its own.

Looks wise im pleased with my car and Arush had mentioned to me before that he needs to paint my bonnet again as certain marks can be seen which should have been taken care of during the sanding process i think. The interiors im pleased with them, however, its the small things like dials around the air conditioning unit got ripped off while removing the ghastly wood trim, and so far haven't been able to find a replacement which makes it look ugly. The gear lights don't change as we shift gears, the park light remains on throughout. Im not disheartened because unlike my friend Accordmansters, mine is still a relatively small headache and will only rest when its in perfect running condition.

Cheers
Old 23rd April 2009, 23:17   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Please stick to BMW service centre from now on. I do not think anyone here has the capability to understand these german master pieces.
Now you know what really amazes me about these "master pieces" is that there are individuals in other countries who are modding these cars in their private garages or backyards, sometimes even on trial and error basis and many of whom are extremely successful!

Why is it then that so called "professional" tuners here in India are making a mess out of it? For someone who's worked on a multitude of cars it should be in essence a piece of cake!

Caution: I realize that there are a lot of personal attacks taking place against the tuner in question. I have nothing against the gentleman, nor his business interest, nor do I intend to defame him in any way.
Old 23rd April 2009, 23:53   #404
Senior - BHPian

Its part and parcel of something as old as this, I am sure Abix new what he is getting himself into. But as these are minor things with the correct parts being sourced etc its going be eventually be perfect. Be patient, treat her well and I am sure she will be running fine and just wanting the usual oil change.

It would be a good idea to hook up on BMW specific forums as well. I've heard that they are a wealth of knowledge.

I wish you from my heart that this beautiful car gets back into the condition we all expect from it. Patience, trial and error is required.
Old 24th April 2009, 14:33   #405
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Abix;1274098]Hi guys, yes speedsport is correct, there are certain aspects of the car which aren't functioning as they were supposed to. The RPM problem today has resurfaced again but i understand that is totally due to a faulty air flow meter which needs to be replaced. As far as the radiator problem goes, the car works brilliantly at night, the temperature needle sticks bang to the middle, however, during the day and if stuck in traffic which is 90% inevitable the temperature needle starts to rise and today hit the red mark again. Thankfully i had reached nearby to the destination and so let the car cool down for about 2-3 hours after which driving back in the evening it didnt give any problems. I think this is because of the thermostat which cools the fan according to a European country's spec and maybe thats why under our Indian heat it doesn't hold its own.

# No I do not buy that arguement, there are enough European cars running without a problem in Delhi.

Looks wise im pleased with my car and Arush had mentioned to me before that he needs to paint my bonnet again as certain marks can be seen which should have been taken care of during the sanding process i think.

# Why is the paint always creating problems ? My car was done thrice, another MIVEC Lancer had this problem, a Gypsy had this problem, now your car , so there is something intrinsically wrong in the material being used. These are the cars about which I know, there may be others that I do not know of !!

The interiors im pleased with them, however, its the small things like dials around the air conditioning unit got ripped off while removing the ghastly wood trim, and so far haven't been able to find a replacement which makes it look ugly. The gear lights don't change as we shift gears, the park light remains on throughout. Im not disheartened because unlike my friend Accordmansters, mine is still a relatively small headache and will only rest when its in perfect running condition.

# Abix your patience is appreciated. Hope all these issues get addressed & the car goes back to how you'd want it to !!

I have posted my observations above !!

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 24th April 2009 at 14:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks