Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2009, 04:35   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
MS will not flake & crack due to high temperatures. The exhaust also will not have any problems with moisture as it is constantly in the company of the hottest part of the exhaust gases. More over the melting point of steel is above 1200 deg. So no problems at all.
Its not the melting point but thermal fatigue that is the issue here.

SOmehow I am skeptical about the whole header wrap thing. It has been around for a while, people have used it and now trashed it because like Sankar said, its a lot of work for something that gives little back.

Frankly even many turbo cars I see dont have the wrap.
Old 9th February 2009, 08:21   #107
Senior - BHPian

Even thermal fatigue is not an issue with MS. It expands & contracts really well. Also MS does not harden very well. So metal fatigue will not be an issue. Another thing is that MS does not retain heat for very long. It cools down a lot faster than SS. Only thing to be kept in mind while using MS is to use seamless tubes and not the ones with seams until & unless the seamed tubed is made by either SAIL or Tata. These are good tubes.
Old 9th February 2009, 14:22   #108
BHPian

Will go in for SGP brake pads. Stage 2 clutch will be too much in the city I guess. Wifey also sometimes drives the car in mileage mode, so if the clutch is too hard then it will be difficult. I have not experienced any performance clutch so dont really know how hard its gonna be.

Header wrap is a very debatable topic. I have put it so now I will have an answer very soon. Initial results are very pleasing. Longevity of the headers is something I have to test and see.

Shankar, dont expect any bhp numbers. All you will feel or all I felt was my bottom end cleaning up. Smoothening up of the delivery. This on NA setup car, I dont know if you can feel anything on the Kari.
Old 9th February 2009, 14:49   #109
Senior - BHPian

I would not recommend a Stage 2 clutch for city driving. I had them on my car and they were a royal pain in the backside in bumper to bumper city driving.
Old 9th February 2009, 16:27   #110
BHPian

Exactly my point. So I need to find prices for SGP clutch and an Exedy Stage 1 clutch and then take a toss.
Old 9th February 2009, 17:24   #111
Senior - BHPian

Exedy Stage 1 is between 8 - 10k I think.
Old 15th February 2009, 09:10   #112
BHPian

Thanks vikram, I guess I will go for an Exedy. What if I buy an SGP and it does not hold.

By the way, just a random pic from my shelf, what goes into the car for making her look good
Attached Thumbnails
Baleno Powered by RDDreams - Street Build-car-care.jpg  

Old 15th February 2009, 09:19   #113
Senior - BHPian

You got a nice collection there
Old 15th February 2009, 09:37   #114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
By the way, just a random pic from my shelf, what goes into the car for making her look good
Aaaggrrr! Even my bathroom shelf doesn't hold half as many beauty care products.

I never did anything beyond the yearly teflon coat, daily wipe and weekly wash, why don't you post a current photograph.
Old 15th February 2009, 10:45   #115
BHPian

Thanks guys, its like her makeup kit.

I would love to post a pic, but unfortunately my photography skills nor my camera is as good as yours! When someone does a photoshoot next time in bangalore, i would love to join in. Nothing much has changed cosmetically apart from the seats that are like this now (thanks to blueraven):
Attached Thumbnails
Baleno Powered by RDDreams - Street Build-dsc01835.jpg  

Last edited by crazydiablo : 15th February 2009 at 10:47.
Old 15th February 2009, 10:55   #116
Senior - BHPian

pampering kit !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Thanks vikram, I guess I will go for an Exedy. What if I buy an SGP and it does not hold.

That is some pampering kit for your car Wow you really like to do her up - eh ??

Cheers
Old 16th February 2009, 13:03   #117
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I had the chance to drive this car a couple of weeks back. Here is my take.

I was impressed with the way the car idled inspite of running an aftermarket cam and a non-adjustable cam gear. It idled at 750 rpm without a hiccup. Something that my car doesn't.

The engine is quite responsive and smooth. Moreover the setup feels very linear. Car feels really nice to drive around town and best part is it runs on pump gas without a knock or any such thing. Couldn't get to see the car perform at redline in 3rd and 4th as the clutch started to slip. So Mohit, get a new clutch asap. I would love the drive the car once again.

Loved the display that shows the AFR. All in all, Ron has done a good job on this car.
Old 17th February 2009, 15:09   #118
BHPian

Thanks man, one of the design criteria was that the car should not have any idling issues. So yeah its a solid idle at 750 (which is also stock) without any issues.

Clutch should be sorted out this weekend. Clutch, new brake pads and some minor stuff going in most probably this saturday. Will keep this thread updated on the after effects.

AFR display is slick to say the least.
Old 17th February 2009, 20:04   #119
BHPian

I am waiting for the update, Mohith. Itching hard not to spill any beans before it actually happens. LOL
Old 22nd February 2009, 17:18   #120
BHPian

Got some stuff thats going to go into the car this week. The first this that gives up in a tuned car is the clutch, so I hope this new one holds for some time. Thanks to Mclaren1885 for helping me out with the clutch.

Now for top it off, its more power but of a different variety. Stopping Power! So for more stopping power I got some nice Roesch Kevlar carbon pads for the front. Lets see how these hold up.

About the pads "XC-4 compounds have been developed exclusively for road use. These materials offer ultra-silent operation and immediate response without pre-heating but, at the same time, a higher coefficient of friction for superior braking power, excellent resistance to high temperatures and a longer service life than normal materials"
Attached Thumbnails
Baleno Powered by RDDreams - Street Build-clutch3.jpg  

Baleno Powered by RDDreams - Street Build-clutch1.jpg  

Baleno Powered by RDDreams - Street Build-pads.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks