Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2009, 17:52   #166
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
It is the same clutch. The pricing might be varying because I bought it 4 months back.
I remember speaking to Vasu Anna just before posting my last post. He clearly mentioned saying yours was a different clutch. I was assuming he knows because he installed it right?

Quote:
I dont think the number of springs differentiates the stages.
Ya you are right! But again what does signify the different stages then?
Old 3rd March 2009, 18:02   #167
Senior - BHPian

the entire clutch itself, the spring tension, the load/clamping etc. etc.
Old 3rd March 2009, 19:26   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Agree with what you say. But the "added advantage" of height adjustment ?? Never ever seen or heard anyone adjusting ride height.
Take a look at my BHP garage. Also take a look at vikram_d's garage. Both of us have pics with our cars lowered. Mine was down to 100 mm, which is a 70mm or close to 3 inch drop in ride height.
Old 3rd March 2009, 20:37   #169
BHPian

Navpreet: FSDs dont come for either Esteems or Baleno, only european sedans. What Ron drove was Arun's Esteem shod with Koni Reds.

Rahul, am breaking in the clutch, brake pads and the tyres now. I have a long drive coming up in April, all this is preparation for that.

I have almost decided on what to get for the car in terms of suspension. I will keep you posted, meanwhile upgrading my UNI to a bigger one. This one is huge, really huge.
Old 3rd March 2009, 21:54   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
You got me confused a little here, if the end result is the above statement in bold then is'nt it kind of what we are looking for?

The trouble is where to find such a smart bugger.

Can anybody tell me if the Ikon's damper and sprigns bear any similarity to the OHCs, just had a crazy idea of swapping them according to the set-up. I mean i am sort of desparate here. OHC with 195/55 R15(i know its a wrong upsize it should be 50 profile) is still pathetic, so much so that i am scared to take it beyond 100kmph narrowly escaped two freak accidents, whereas Ikon with stock tyres and rims was a beauty even at 175kmph, so confident and poised no swaying drama at all, the Honda as compared is a drama queen.

Sorry! to hi-jack Crazy Diablo's thread but i hope you guys relate and understand my desparation if anybody has ever bothered to compare Ikon's and OHC's handling. Plus i thought its a related discussion so might help CrazyDiablo and others too.

And talking about spring rate here as Ananth put it "For the street a stock-like spring rate and appropriate damping is what would work."
Does'nt spring rate differ with every car? So if the stock spring rate is too soft how would damping help? And for dampers we are mainly looking at rebound so if the stock dampers have a slower rebound then would'nt the car bounce around less with stiffer springs?
Please help me out too guys!
Old 3rd March 2009, 23:28   #171
Senior - BHPian

Oh,my bad.

Well keep us posted on what you go in for.will give me ideas too.
Old 4th March 2009, 20:52   #172
BHPian

Yeah sure, i will do that. You have tons of options for the Civic I believe, because I see a lot of lowered Civics around. Have fun.
Old 5th March 2009, 12:24   #173
Senior - BHPian

Well its best that i don't talk of the civic right now.fight with honda will soon begin.
Old 5th March 2009, 22:05   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You got me confused a little here, if the end result is the above statement in bold then is'nt it kind of what we are looking for?

Can anybody tell me if the Ikon's damper and sprigns bear any similarity to the OHCs, just had a crazy idea of swapping them according to the set-up. I mean i am sort of desparate here. OHC with 195/55 R15(i know its a wrong upsize it should be 50 profile) is still pathetic, so much so that i am scared to take it beyond 100kmph narrowly escaped two freak accidents, whereas Ikon with stock tyres and rims was a beauty even at 175kmph, so confident and poised no swaying drama at all, the Honda as compared is a drama queen.

And talking about spring rate here as Ananth put it "For the street a stock-like spring rate and appropriate damping is what would work."
Does'nt spring rate differ with every car? So if the stock spring rate is too soft how would damping help? And for dampers we are mainly looking at rebound so if the stock dampers have a slower rebound then would'nt the car bounce around less with stiffer springs?
Quote:
Please help me out too guys!
Every spring rate requires the appropriate damping. Keeping the stock spring and adding a stiffer damper will improve handling slightly but ideally you want to change both.

Putting Ikon strut on an OHC may require a lot of cutting and welding. On the rear the suspension layout if totally different. Instead go for an aftermarket solution. Check with Ford Rocam and Viper..they have modded OHCs. Start a new thread if you like.
Old 5th March 2009, 23:35   #175
BHPian

@Mpower : i think i will start a new thread, about time i did, good idea. I dont want to hijack and fill in Crazydiablo's thread with my questions.
Old 6th March 2009, 08:33   #176
BHPian

If money was not an issue some nice expensive options out there for the Baleno.

I got a quote for DMS 40mm for 2500 USD, if anybody is interested I will post the exact model number.
Old 6th March 2009, 10:17   #177
Senior - BHPian

Mohit,
This is where I would like to say DMS is a very very hard street suspension. What you told me was that you wanted a street suspension and for our highways. Now if you buy DMS, Bilstein or even D2 ones which are available then they are all racing applications and what Nitrous said holds true.
The DMS street suspension is also too hard for our applications. Unless you are prepared for the ride quality. I would suggest you drive a few cars with modded suspensions and make a call. especially wiht the cost factor involved.
Cheers

p.s. Leela is the distributor for DMS. can get a quote in Rs. too.

Last edited by iceman91 : 6th March 2009 at 10:19.
Old 6th March 2009, 10:42   #178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
Mohit,
This is where I would like to say DMS is a very very hard street suspension. What you told me was that you wanted a street suspension and for our highways. Now if you buy DMS, Bilstein or even D2 ones which are available then they are all racing applications and what Nitrous said holds true.
The DMS street suspension is also too hard for our applications. Unless you are prepared for the ride quality. I would suggest you drive a few cars with modded suspensions and make a call. especially wiht the cost factor involved.
Cheers

p.s. Leela is the distributor for DMS. can get a quote in Rs. too.
yup DMS are hard! That way Koni is the only one you can look at, if you want details of DMS talk to Tom he has it on the esteem.
Old 6th March 2009, 11:14   #179
BHPian

No I am not going in for DMS, just looking at things. I dont even have that kinda budget for the suspension.

Jaggu, tom is very happy with the DMS, as he has posted recently.

I would probably looking at local options or at the max Konis. Konis Sports are retailing at around 32K plus installation.
Old 6th March 2009, 11:23   #180
Senior - BHPian

well fair enough.
But I still insist you check a few rides to see what suits you.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks