Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2009, 11:43   #136
BHPian

Thanks guys. Car has gone through a makeover from what it was earlier. I have not compromised on any aspect of the build. She has got the best that I can afford. There is more to come, but all in good time.

Thanks guys. The car has gone through quite a make over to make it a fun car to drive. The build is never complete, its a continuing journey, although I have to make sure each thing I do is carefully selected to cater to the future also.

Last edited by theMAG : 26th February 2009 at 13:48.
Old 26th February 2009, 18:25   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Thanks guys. Car has gone through a makeover from what it was earlier. I have not compromised on any aspect of the build. She has got the best that I can afford. There is more to come, but all in good time.
Good to hear that. That's the only way to build a car. All you need now is upgraded suspension.
Old 27th February 2009, 11:45   #138
BHPian

I am doing my bit of research on the suspension bit. I need a totally street setup as this is my daily drive and frequest out stations trips.

I am not sure if the coilovers/sport package will do me any good. I am looking at a little stiffer than normal suspension, where the car should not get unsettled if I hit a pothole at high speed.
Old 28th February 2009, 01:10   #139
Senior - BHPian

No then the coilover bit is overkill. They're only good if you're tracking the car often. Go with Konis or the Eibachs.
Old 28th February 2009, 01:14   #140
Senior - BHPian

Don't even dream about coilovers for street/highway use. They're bloody stiff.
Infact, come watch the races and you can find these cars jumping over the tiny undulations on the race track.
Old 28th February 2009, 03:26   #141
Senior - BHPian

nitrous and others, just curious about what the suspension aftermarket in india looks like. i'm having some ideas because its my domain now.

crazydiablo: dont mean to hijack your thread, the replies might be useful to you as well.
Old 28th February 2009, 05:20   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
No then the coilover bit is overkill. They're only good if you're tracking the car often. Go with Konis or the Eibachs.
what the difference between coil overs and the others.
Eibach is a spring and Koni is a shock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Infact, come watch the races and you can find these cars jumping over the tiny undulations on the race track.
sounding like poor suspension setup. stiffer is not always better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
nitrous and others, just curious about what the suspension aftermarket in india looks like. i'm having some ideas because its my domain now.
Importers like Methods, Petes, Leelas auto house, N1 offer Konis, Bilsteins, DMS etc etc. Leela rebuilds DMS too and Jayem now offers the J Anand shock which I suspect is based on a DMS monotube. Dunno if anybody makes springs

Last edited by Mpower : 28th February 2009 at 05:21.
Old 28th February 2009, 11:49   #143
Senior - BHPian

yeah nitrous i too dont agree completely. It is all about the right setup or combination.
I have new suspension and it is a beauty, handles good on track and perfect on the street.
Old 28th February 2009, 12:02   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananth
Forget the supply. There simply is no demand for good handling. Everyone just wants BHP.
Old 28th February 2009, 12:12   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
what the difference between coil overs and the others.
Eibach is a spring and Koni is a shock.
Koni also makes coilovers, AFAIK. And Eibach also makes dampers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Importers like Methods, Petes, Leelas auto house, N1 offer Konis, Bilsteins, DMS etc etc. Leela rebuilds DMS too and Jayem now offers the J Anand shock which I suspect is based on a DMS monotube. Dunno if anybody makes springs
The issue with buying a coilover is that they are normally track-oriented. As a result, spring rates are stiffer than you would want on street. I had the DMS 50mm tarmac coilovers on my car, and it's not something everyone can stomach on street.
Old 28th February 2009, 17:03   #146
rippergeo

Offtopic discussion on suspension upgrades.

Quote:
Forget the supply. There simply is no demand for good handling. Everyone just wants BHP.
I'm done with bhp temporarily, and have been looking around for suspension. The suspension on the swift D is fine for my driving, but I am getting greedy for more cornering speed.

Looking around for suspension upgrades-
Koni 37k(dampers only)
bilstein 60k
HKS 1.5 lakhs

demand is there(atleast from me) but at those prices, only koni is within reach, that too after a heavy discount. really debating if its worth it for enthusiastic ghat driving.

Old 28th February 2009, 19:59   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I'm done with bhp temporarily, and have been looking around for suspension. The suspension on the swift D is fine for my driving, but I am getting greedy for more cornering speed.

Looking around for suspension upgrades-
Koni 37k(dampers only)
bilstein 60k
HKS 1.5 lakhs

demand is there(atleast from me) but at those prices, only koni is within reach, that too after a heavy discount. really debating if its worth it for enthusiastic ghat driving.
HKS -- 1 set used is selling for 90k. There is also the option of D2, which is a helluva lot cheaper.
Old 28th February 2009, 20:03   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Koni also makes coilovers, AFAIK. And Eibach also makes dampers.
of late they have been offering complete shock and spring kits, but they probably buy from each other.

I was just wondering what the street lingo is
Old 28th February 2009, 20:24   #149
rippergeo

Quote:
HKS -- 1 set used is selling for 90k. There is also the option of D2, which is a helluva lot cheaper.
I heard about the used HKS set. for some one like me who thinks konis are expensive... the 90k for a used set of HKS sunds like a cruel joke.
I have not heard good things about D2 racing.

MODS-Should we get these posts spilt off into a separate thread? We shouldnt be cluttering crazydiablo's thread.

Old 28th February 2009, 20:34   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post

Thanks guys. The car has gone through quite a make over to make it a fun car to drive. The build is never complete, its a continuing journey, although I have to make sure each thing I do is carefully selected to cater to the future also.
Hey Mohit, this sums it up very well. Sensible mods. Thanks for sharing, has given me good idea for Clutch and Brake replacements.

BTW, How much did the Advans cost? (Another extremely wise choice)

Quote:
Nicely put.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks