Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2009, 15:44   #256
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I wish I could get my cam to idle like that. Whew! But, got to completely agree with you. If you are modding a NA car a cam is a must.
Old 23rd May 2009, 15:56   #257
BHPian

Really inspired by CD.I would rather say mouth watering..

The video would have been better with the indicator turned off.
that 'tick tick' is spoiling the mellow note
Old 23rd May 2009, 19:14   #258
BHPian

LOL, thats part of the central locking system, either I have to close the door(which I tried but too less light) or shoot with cabin light, which did not give good results. Yeah I will take with the window down next time.

Rahul, you have seen my car idle, this was for people who has not seen my car in action.
Old 23rd May 2009, 21:48   #259
Senior - BHPian

Your car idles well & it sounds nice.

Cheers
Old 24th May 2009, 02:58   #260
Senior - BHPian

Sounds nice, though I'm more of a stock exhaust types.

Why should a street cam have idle issues? Have a couple of friends running them, no issues at all. Yes, super-wild cams have a slightly lumpy idle.
Old 24th May 2009, 18:00   #261
BHPian

Thanks Ricky.

I am not sure, I was told that I would not have an idle if I change my cam. Ok so then I was misinformed and now I know that its not true. With correct tuning, you can get a performance cam to idle just like a stock car.
Old 24th May 2009, 18:39   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
With correct tuning, you can get a performance cam to idle just like a stock car.
Yup very true. Set it up and tune it right and it will idle just like stock.
Old 24th May 2009, 19:56   #263
BHPian

nice video, have you done any Cam gear Adjustment as well? What aftermarket Cams are those & How is the idling with A.C "ON"
Old 24th May 2009, 20:02   #264
BHPian

No I dont have an adjustable cam gear and dont know if any adjustment is possible without and adjustable cam gear. This is a Fast Road Cam from Australia IIRC.

Idling with AC is OK, takes a little more time to settle down to just below 1000rpm. I think she tries to idle even lower than that with AC and finally decides to settle for 900 or so.
Old 24th May 2009, 20:42   #265
Senior - BHPian

The idle is puuuuurrrfect !! The growl is nice. That is how I'd want my car to sound, not too noisy but the raspy note of the roar - is NICE

Where did you get your FFE ? Headers to endcan that is..

I have seen seriously wild cams which take a lot of taming to settle down, but once settled it's wolf in sheeps clothing !! LOL

I am hoping my car comes out something like yours ! Sigh ....

Cheers
Old 24th May 2009, 21:32   #266
BHPian

the FFE is sourced from coimbatore through Ron. Coming from Coimbi I am not surprised about the rally sound it has because those are hardcore rally guys down there. Even if there smoking pipe will sound like a rally exhaust. its a full system 4X2X1 with no cat con and a small can at the end.

yes wild cams will have a lumpy idle but fast street cams should idle like stock.

new Race cam has arrived for the other baleno, lets see how that one fares. But thats another story for another thread and will take some time to evolve.

I am happy that you did not turn away from modding after you bad experience, wishing you all the best.
Old 25th May 2009, 10:00   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the FFE is sourced from coimbatore through Ron. Coming from Coimbi I am not surprised about the rally sound it has because those are hardcore rally guys down there. Even if there smoking pipe will sound like a rally exhaust. its a full system 4X2X1 with no cat con and a small can at the end.

yes wild cams will have a lumpy idle but fast street cams should idle like stock.

new Race cam has arrived for the other baleno, lets see how that one fares. But thats another story for another thread and will take some time to evolve.

I am happy that you did not turn away from modding after you bad experience, wishing you all the best.

Interestingly my FFE is also coming from thereabouts, so I guess the rally genes will be there in small doses alright

Cheers

Last edited by theMAG : 25th May 2009 at 14:08. Reason: Let's stick to the thread topic please. Thank you.
Old 25th May 2009, 14:05   #268
BHPian

Thats a nice coincidence. Cheers to you for continue modding, many people are turned away with a bad experience. Am sure the swift will turn out nice, you have a nice shopping list already.
Old 9th September 2009, 11:18   #269
BHPian

Car is going in for the 40K service today. All fluids will be changed, new NGK spark plugs. The only change is am moving to Mobil 1 fully synth from Shell fully synth.

UNI Filter needs to be cleaned. Exhaust got bend because I ground it on some mountain bumps. This is one thing that need fixing. I need to do the center muffler similar to Binz exhaust.

I have not updated the thread because there is nothing to update. Thing has been running without even as much care as you would give a stock car. Touchwood.
Old 9th September 2009, 11:56   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thing has been running without even as much care as you would give a stock car.
Thats always the hallmark of a professionally modified car.

Last edited by theMAG : 9th September 2009 at 12:01.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks