Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2013, 13:12   #271
BHPian

Re: Free Flow Exhaust in Bangalore

How old is the Civic? My 2010 City which I just sold had only a single exhaust coming from the engine and no way to make headers for it. I was told that the newer Civics were also similar, so in essence all you need is a muffler.
Old 8th March 2013, 14:45   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
How old is the Civic? My 2010 City which I just sold had only a single exhaust coming from the engine and no way to make headers for it. I was told that the newer Civics were also similar, so in essence all you need is a muffler.
It is a 2006 model AT. i had taked to Raj before he went to US. he asked me to bring the car to bangalore and talk to shabeer. my friend reached bangalore and called shabeer. he told he is busy so leave the can in JP road he will pick it up later
Old 8th March 2013, 16:49   #273
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

One of my friend who is also a Team BHP fan but not a member has got a FFE installed on his swift. The FFE was fabricated by Raj and he got the installion done at a garage on Bannerghatta Road.

He has a few questions post installion of FFE and I know he will get answers for his questions on this forum. So here come a couple of questions.

1. Is it normal for a FFE'd car to idle at high RPM (~1800) at cold start only?

A good example of this is when your muffler cracks/rotts/falls off you will notice that your car starts to idle a lot faster (due to less back pressure)...
As said by Rehan.It has been described in the mentioned thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...w-exhaust.html

Last edited by rakesh_r : 8th March 2013 at 16:51.
Old 9th March 2013, 23:35   #274
BHPian

Thanks Rakesh for including the link. I went through the same and I am not sure if the below quoted is a part of every FFE set up.

"After free-flowing your car, the gasses flow differently and hence your carb should be re-calibrated. And i can only assume that the correct way to do it with an mpfi is to re-program the chip ......(I am not sure if there are enough sensors to calculate and adapt to the difference)."

When I got an FFE for my OHC from Shabbir, a couple of years back, I was there during the install. So I am not sure or I may have have missed checking
the re-calibration part which Rehaan refers to, that the carb should be re-calibrated.

Bhpians: Please comment.
Honda_Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 01:53   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Hi guys,

One of my friend who is also a Team BHP fan but not a member has got a FFE installed on his swift. The FFE was fabricated by Raj and he got the installion done at a garage on Bannerghatta Road.

He has a few questions post installion of FFE and I know he will get answers for his questions on this forum. So here come a couple of questions.

1. Is it normal for a FFE'd car to idle at high RPM (~1800) at cold start only?

A good example of this is when your muffler cracks/rotts/falls off you will notice that your car starts to idle a lot faster (due to less back pressure)...
As said by Rehan.It has been described in the mentioned thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/2173-whats-free-flow-
exhaust.html
Rakesh - After the FFE installation, the tappet needs to be recalibrated. Nothing else needs to be done. On the MPFI engine also this activity will be done to ensure the idle RPM.
Twinn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 22:15   #276

Hi Everyone,

Any suggestions of a workshop to get an FFE done for my OHC.

I tried calling Raj, no reply.

Tried Shabbir, keeps telling me to wait for 2 weeks & that it needs to be fabricated. Have spoken to him 3 times, yet to start work on the FFE.

Guess everyone's busy nowadays!!!

Any other suggested locations?
Old 25th August 2013, 22:46   #277
BHPian

BHAAI from Coimbatore does nice job. He is the one who does the work for red rooster performance. But you can go to him directly as he is having an independent garage.
streetracer_919 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 02:07   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetracer_919 View Post
BHAAI from Coimbatore does nice job. He is the one who does the work for red rooster performance. But you can go to him directly as he is having an independent garage.
Could you please PM me his contact details?

Bangalore Folk - Any local suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 26th August 2013, 12:19   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer 4x4 View Post

In bangalore this (Engine mods : Team Powerwheels - Raj Hingorani (Bangalore)) is the best place to go to for a FFE. If you have a lot of moolah then go to RRP in Whitefield.
Old 28th August 2013, 18:35   #280
BHPian

You can also go to FRK racing: here Call Sanketh before hand at: 9742921595
Old 28th August 2013, 19:16   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer 4x4 View Post

Thanks!
Bhaai - 9842262915

It's been almost two years since I contacted him. Just give a try.
Old 4th July 2014, 20:37   #282

Hi,

I have installed a conical air filter (K&N) free flow exhaust. The car is a ford ikon 1.3 flair. The car was lacking in initial pick up which has been resolved. But, the top end power is gone. Is this a known issue with FFEs. The exhaust header is stock. Any other way apart from getting the stock exhaust reinstalled?

Regards

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th July 2014 at 12:00.
Old 5th July 2014, 10:06   #283
Senior - BHPian

@Gypsy: A bit confusing, your post there friend.

How can your FFE have stock headers? The headers are one of the most crucial part of a FFE system.

Or have you only installed K&N air filter?
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 18:31   #284
Senior - BHPian

I think he means to say that he has a end can only but I am confused on how he has lost top end power.

I have a BMC Cold Air Intake and a Magnaflow end can on my CRV and the performance has increased quite a it.
Old 5th July 2014, 18:52   #285

Hi,

Right, the headers are stock. I got this installed from FRK. He said ikon headers doesn't require modification. so he changed the end can and installed their muffler and some other modification to the rest of the pipe.Probably because all I asked him was that the car struggles in 1st and second and I need that improved.
Some where I read that its possible to loose top end power based on the exhaust configuration. I think I will get a used end pipe and try to put it back to stock.

@deathwalkr, its not just K&N filter .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks