Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2009, 22:55   #226
BHPian

AM - Dude the solution should be quite simple. Since you already own an M3, you could very easily request the nice guys at BMW to help you out with this project. Yes the labour charges will be huge, but they're that damn good!

Else you can approach Anand Kashyap of Kashyap Motors. They deal in VW group cars now, but have extensive experience with BMWs. Anand being a car buff himself, with an impressive collection to boot might just get excited about this project, and lend a helping hand. In effect that will be your best bet!

As for brakes and other stuff, feel free to PM me, I can give you my number and lend you assistance over the phone.

DocG
PS: I used to work with Anand in the summers, he's amongst the best!
Old 21st April 2009, 22:58   #227
BANNED

well guys thanks for all the advice .... im in two minds to send it interstate as you know after all this im ready but people at home aren't agreeing on sending it over to places far off well for now i guess i would be getting it back into shape but with the 2.5 ltr engine and the manual transmission. A few modifications are planned for the 2.5 ltr engine like an ecu remap , performance exhaust , porting polishing and similar mods so as to just amp up the power from stock 170 bhp and try to take it near or over 200bhp ( if possible) . Would run the car like that for a few months and then will take a call on the turbo as now i would want to go step by step instead of just putting all the things in at the same time . so now the aim is to get the 525i running and to get it in "MINT" condition both performance and visuals .
cheers
accord masters
Old 21st April 2009, 22:59   #228
Senior - BHPian

cool, good decision. feel free to ask for help anytime
Old 22nd April 2009, 01:08   #229
BHPian

AM - Again, I can understand your emotions at the moment, but I just had to say one thing. Seems like you were highly misguided during your mods. Instead of FI with the M20 block, you'd have been better off with an S50 Euro/US which was highly tuned. That's stock power, and it would've made your car a lot faster without all that turbo lag. Also it's an engine swap which is a safer bet than an aggressive turbo job. Remembering that we're in India where really good turbo setups are few and hard to come by.

Just my 2 paisa. Since you're starting affresh...

DocG
Old 22nd April 2009, 08:46   #230
BHPian

Hi Accordmasters

Buddy i just read the thread quite disappointing but your job is to find the right guy to do the job. i am not a beemer guy but u want any part of the car i can help you on that. I know alot of people who own beemers and have done turbo and supercharger setups. I am honda guy so if u want advises i can help u out by discussing with people who knows all ins and outs. Your call bro
Old 22nd April 2009, 09:42   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
well guys thanks for all the advice .... im in two minds to send it interstate as you know after all this im ready but people at home aren't agreeing on sending it over to places far off well for now i guess i would be getting it back into shape but with the 2.5 ltr engine and the manual transmission. A few modifications are planned for the 2.5 ltr engine like an ecu remap , performance exhaust , porting polishing and similar mods so as to just amp up the power from stock 170 bhp and try to take it near or over 200bhp ( if possible) . Would run the car like that for a few months and then will take a call on the turbo as now i would want to go step by step instead of just putting all the things in at the same time . so now the aim is to get the 525i running and to get it in "MINT" condition both performance and visuals .
cheers
accord masters

Now that makes a lot of sense. First have the car run the 2.5L engine in a reliable manner & then up the ante !!

Hope she is back in action sooner than later. All the best !

Cheers
Old 22nd April 2009, 10:44   #232
Senior - BHPian

AM... what was the final $ettlement like?? Did you pay at all?
Old 22nd April 2009, 13:01   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord_masters
and would be something that kicks some super-car a$$
Quit dreaming and you should be able to drive your car around.
Old 22nd April 2009, 13:04   #234
BANNED

@ nitrous - ( not being rude) not dreaming
Old 22nd April 2009, 13:09   #235
Senior - BHPian

Ok,bro.
What are you planning to do for it?
Old 22nd April 2009, 13:25   #236
Senior - BHPian

Estimate of works: 100%

Advance asked for parts: 80%

Advance Received: 55%

Work done on other car and before project: 15%

Total worth of parts paid for by accordmasters: 40%

Total worth of parts paid for by me towards the project: 35%

Parts for which accord masters paid up right away were all with us in the first 2-3 months. Installation period went beyond the estimated time from september to february. Accepted as our fault.

As of feb engine, turbo, suspension were installed and running. All that was left to do was to install and tune the ecu (that was in transit) and injectors on standard internals and increase the boost once done, but it was not to be.

Further delays from feb were happening because accordmasters was waiting for me to buy the rest of parts which i was doing slowly as and how i could save up like first for the the injectors, then megsquirt ecu, then brakes which were yet to come, etc. I was buying and installing everything at the pace that i could afford them. I dont consider these delays as my fault.

April project comes to a halt. Car returned with 40% worth of those parts + 15% of services rendered earlier totalling to 55% of payment as given.

Im left with 35% of the investment in the parts which is my loss in the project. Since all the parts are specifically for this model theyre unusable for me now.

Im not asking accordmasters to pay me for those 35% of parts i invested in because that was something i was doing from my heart because accordmasters is a friend and not a customer.

Nothing has been charged in labour work and petty expenses. I dont know how i can compensate you any further because the losses are already beyond my capability. Anytime you wish to buy any of the parts i already have got for you id be oblidged. Thank you for your good wishes and accept my aplogies once more for not being able to spend that amount of money in one go which was leading to further delay.

Arush
Old 22nd April 2009, 13:42   #237
BANNED

"As of feb engine, turbo, suspension were installed and RUNNING " the car was just starting up and thats it .
How many times would i have to point out that you ordered the turbo which was itself wrong so why should i bear the cost of the turbo setup which was NOT according to what i was told ????

"Further delays from feb were happening because accordmasters was waiting for me to buy the rest of parts which i was doing slowly as and how i could save up like first for the the injectors, then megsquirt ecu, then brakes which were yet to come, etc. I was buying and installing everything at the pace that i could afford them. I dont consider these delays as my fault."

How am i related to your cash flow?? we had come to a decision that 55% on the start of the project and rest when it finishes ..so how would be responsible for the delay that you cause because of being unable to order the parts??

At the end of it the 14 months the car still is still not in running condition not even in the condition i handed it over in and yet i am not entitled to ask for any sort of compensation .
Old 22nd April 2009, 14:28   #238
Senior - BHPian

accordmasters, it was never decided that that i will put the rest of the money from my pocket, i was doing that from my own interest in the project. Without all the parts how can one go about completing a job, thats why 80% of the advance was asked for to order all imported parts (the balance 20% was for labor and parts arranged locally).

You gave me 55% and the rest 25% were to come in as and when the parts started to arrive and we we had to pay customs and shipping, but no, i have been putting in the rest not you. Please show me one shop in india who will pay for parts in a custom project like this from his pocket. As far as the turbo is concerned at the end of the day im the one who ended up paying for it too, wrong or right it was practically installed for you for free. Like i said, ill be glad to order a turbo of your choice but you need to pay me for it first.

I have put forth my predicament and my deliverance towards the project. Since it is no longer in my hands now i have nothing of further substance to add.
Old 22nd April 2009, 16:04   #239
BANNED

well if you want to discuss things according to plan then this build was supposed to take 4 months max. as to what i was promised and no one was to mess around with my 2.0ltr engine that you have bored now and what does me providing you with 55% of the payment first means it was always like this that i will pay you this advance and the rest when the project is completed. Why was the wrong turbo ordered and put in ??
your saying that no one pays from his pocket for a project like this if you did not want to then you could have ordered only those parts for which you had only given me an estimate of for eg. the brakes.
I mean i was not informed about the things going on in the project and you keep on ordering things according to your needs without telling me and then you want me to pay for that stuff..??
Old 22nd April 2009, 16:12   #240
Senior - BHPian

No i dont want you to pay for any of the other stuff and neither am i asking you for it.

Last edited by autopsyche : 22nd April 2009 at 16:15.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks