Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2009, 23:30   #301
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Its sad to hear that things have come to such a stage that you have been asked to sel your car Accordmasters. Its a very difficult situation to be in. But I have a suggestion to make. If possible, you can still have one of your friends "Buy" out the car for you and you can still work ok it when it is with him. Once everything is sorted out, you can "Buy" it back from him. What say?

Any Team-BHPians willing to "buy" the car for a limited period?
Old 5th May 2009, 08:14   #302
Senior - BHPian

That is sad. I would recommend not to sell it as it is close to your heart.

Please consider DocG's recommendation. Give it a break and start it fresh with all the learning you have got.
Old 5th May 2009, 08:53   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Sad to hear that.
I too would have been happy with the older E than an Accord.

How about running it as DocG has mentioned.
Which E are we talking about ? The car in question is a 520i

@accordmasters
Sad to know that you are having to sell the 520i after all the time & money you spent.
What price are you looking at ? PM me please.

And yes congrats on the new V6 Accord. 270 horses right ?

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 5th May 2009 at 08:55.
Old 5th May 2009, 09:42   #304
BANNED

yes sir the new v6 is 270 horses and surprisingly it doesn't have the normal jap feel to it , its kinda different from the old v6 as well the overall feel is more towards the german side (feels more planted and powerful) ... but still keeping the revs below 4k rpm for the first 1000 kms going to stretch its legs after that . For the e34 trying to keep it but last call isn't mine so just hoping that i don't have to sell it . The only fact that makes me really angry is that i fell for the tuner's commitment and now instead of me having a really nice BMW which i loved i have to part with it now .

AM

Note from Mods : 2 smileys max and please try to use punctuation properly. Take a look at this thread (Expected Posting Etiquette) for details. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th May 2009 at 15:33. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
Old 5th May 2009, 11:04   #305
BHPian

Please do post the price you are asking, please, for any one who can help, might just be i can help.
Old 5th May 2009, 15:11   #306
BHPian

Accord_masters do you still own a BMW M3?
Old 5th May 2009, 16:56   #307
BHPian

hey, feel sorry for all the mess you had to go through. I am also planning to turbo my OHC, and for me, budget is very important, as I am funding the project part by part if something like this would happen it would be a disaster and a total heartbreak! Thanks for sharing your experience with us, helps us to be better prepared. I think friendship created the “taken for granted” attitude causing problems.Anyways I hope your car and money are utilized somehow.
Old 5th May 2009, 20:28   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc1bad View Post
hey, feel sorry for all the mess you had to go through. I am also planning to turbo my OHC, and for me, budget is very important, as I am funding the project part by part if something like this would happen it would be a disaster and a total heartbreak! Thanks for sharing your experience with us, helps us to be better prepared. I think friendship created the “taken for granted” attitude causing problems.Anyways I hope your car and money are utilized somehow.
Imagine having to go thru this kind of horrific ordeal at the hands of "ONE OF THE BEST TUNERS" in Delhi. High time the tuner's list is revised - so that gullible young people are not misguided. As they look at T-Bhp's reccomendations seriously !!

Mods you listening ?? I have said this before & I am saying it again. The forum stands for truth = does it not ??

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 5th May 2009 at 20:38.
Old 5th May 2009, 20:37   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Which E are we talking about ? The car in question is a 520i

Cheers
Was talking about the E34.
Sorry for the confusion.
Old 5th May 2009, 20:45   #310
BANNED

well i agree the tuner list should be revised and people should know about this before any one else goes through something like this...
and yes still have the m3 ..

AM
Old 5th May 2009, 20:57   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
well i agree the tuner list should be revised and people should know about this before any one else goes through something like this...
and yes still have the m3 ..

AM

Thanks for supporting me on this. More the merrier. That too affected parties.

The tuning scene is going to change - FOR SURE. It is only a matter of time. Accountability is something every bussiness has to provide, whether it is building houses or building cars.

I recently took possession of an appartment where there was serious issue of water seepage. The builder changed my entire effected wooden flooring / replastered the walls / redid the painting AND waived off my maintainence charges for a year. What say ??

Cheers
Old 6th May 2009, 03:33   #312
BHPian

This is real sad, i have been following this thread with great curiosity.. try not to sell it. I had great admiration for the tuner but now it is gone down the drain. If somebody cant do the job and are in doubt they should not take it up and say they will try... there is a lot of difference between i will try and i can do.
Old 6th May 2009, 12:44   #313
BHPian

I dont think its right on our part to criticize arush to extent we are doing now. I agree the delay was beyond anyone’s patience but he did not dupe AM in terms of money. Time lost cannot be gained by anyone and that’s something we need to live with. If AM lost his money without anything in hand then that would call for reviewing the tuner's list, but just because of an incomplete mod job we cannot give him hell. I do not personally know arush, but he has continuously replied to this thread justifying to whatever is being said and also been providing a lot of input / help to many members. The path this thread is taking is just not done!
Old 6th May 2009, 14:47   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc1bad View Post
I dont think its right on our part to criticize arush to extent we are doing now. I agree the delay was beyond anyone’s patience but he did not dupe AM in terms of money. Time lost cannot be gained by anyone and that’s something we need to live with. If AM lost his money without anything in hand then that would call for reviewing the tuner's list, but just because of an incomplete mod job we cannot give him hell. I do not personally know arush, but he has continuously replied to this thread justifying to whatever is being said and also been providing a lot of input / help to many members. The path this thread is taking is just not done!

What Accordmasters lost was a perfectly running BMW 520i, the car is now non-driveable & has lost it's monetary value big time. I would not call this "an incomplete mod job"

I have nothing to gain personally from bringing this up, but I do believe that a customer has to have some rights.

Put yourself in the situation, and you may appreciate the plight of the customer better. You lost a nice car & lost a couple of $$$$. How does that make you feel ????
Old 6th May 2009, 16:22   #315

Regarding the change in the bore size from a 80 mm piston to a 84 mm piston, the displacement should now be 2.2 litres. For it to be 2.5 litres you would need atleast 88mm pistons with an unchanged stroke.

AM, sorry to hear about the decision to sell the Beemer. Would you consider putting it back to running condition first and then trying to sell it? It should fetch a bit more this way and you will atleast have the satisfaction of running around in it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks