Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2009, 20:53   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
forgive me but am very confused . is the workshop reprasentative proudly justifying his inability to get this bmw rolling ? or are you saying that on a mod job like this customers HAVE to put up extended delays?

also i dont see how that pea shooter of a turbo is going to make a 5 series outrun a S500. just my two cents.

accord masters i have to appreiciate your patience.
well you obviously dont know much about turbos.
Old 31st January 2009, 21:03   #62
Senior - BHPian

megazoid, yes you do seem to be confused. First of all to set it straight its a very unfortunate delay and no body is feeling proud or justifying anything here. accordmasters is accomodating enough to bear it, so hats off to his patience. There are more reasons to it which are personal and do not wish to discuss on a public forum.

As far as the turbo size is concerned we have researched our choices for the job and decided to go with the right combo to meet the drivability needs too. Lets look at it this way, two similar engines with same setups using different turbos. One car made 350 HP with a big turbo but had a very peaky power delivery. The other car used a smaller turbo and only made 300 HP but is a much more agile car. So if the smaller turbo is properly sized for the motor, then the quicker spool and full boost achievement will make it faster on the road than the bigger unit. The smaller turbo is also capable of supplying the necessary cfm and bhp but in doing so, it must work harder. Top power is important, but not everything that this build stands for.

I guess my intentions of contributing to this thread are being misunderstood. Should keep mum for a while and let the work speak for itself
Old 31st January 2009, 22:25   #63
BHPian

am confused because of what i read on the thread, and you seem to be vouching for your customers patience ...lol when he is crying out loud with frustration. that was the confusion i had.

and for all the gyan you have showered on me regarding turbo sizes and peak powers (sure you know more about turbos than me, no contest) that car dosent seem to be even creeping forward.a formula1 team has a shorter turn around time to develop things than you seem to be taking for this.

and looks like you'll be silent for a long time then ? given that you mentioned somewhere ealier in the thread that it'll take a couple of months more for it to be fully ready

anyway its non of my business, i wish accord masters the very best for his build in progress, i love bmws hence the curiosity.

cheers
Old 31st January 2009, 22:52   #64
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for understanding. Since me and accordmasters are interacting besides the forum IRL, i am vouching for his understanding, no body else would have been so patient. Good to know you love BMWs, im sure your curiosity will be satisfied once the car is done
Old 1st February 2009, 10:06   #65
Senior - BHPian

From the looks of it we all can see that the gentleman "accordmasters" is a very understanding & patient man.

Anyone getting his or her car done would "normally" not sit tight for almost a year !!

Kudos to accordmasters & yourself !!

@ megazoid

nice to know you are a BMW lover ! As for the delay, Arush has been nice enough to admit that the car will take a few more months, rather than leading the customer up a garden path.

Cheers
Old 1st February 2009, 13:38   #66
Senior - BHPian

That "Pea Shooter" is actually quite a big turbo.I think its just that the engine area is so huge that its making the turbo looking small.

Also on another note does anyone know the size of the swift deisel turbo.Its the size of your FIST.thats all.In this case size is not the only definable parameter.
Old 1st February 2009, 23:12   #67
BHPian

That turbo does look small. Yesterday was walking by a small garage and saw a even bigger turbo going into a City.

But it all depends on what the customer wants and what the tuner suggests. A properly sized turbo would give the best road results than bigger is better. But this is no turbo to chase absurd bhp numbers for sure.
Old 2nd February 2009, 00:14   #68
BANNED

hey guys dont know about what output ill get from that turbo but i am expecting somewhere around 250 bhp atleast. Besides that i'm more concerned about the 0-100 time . Would be satisfied only when it does it in 5 secs or close.
Old 2nd February 2009, 00:24   #69
Senior - BHPian

Have been following this thread for quite some time, infact seen the car many times when visited Arush's Workshop and the car is a looker for sure.

The Wait would be worth it accordmasters, I know its a long wait and quite frustrating, dunno how you do it but when my car was at arush's workshop for the bodykit and all, The 3 days wait felt like 3 months .

Hats off to your patience and determination about the car.

Nemesis, M3, Turbo Beamer that is some collection you have.

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 2nd February 2009 at 00:25.
Old 2nd February 2009, 02:59   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
Turned out that the good old twenty year old thermostat got stuck and the coolant wasnt making it to the radiator. Had to reopen the water lines to get it out and looking for a replacement coz the car will continue to overheat without a thermostat valve in place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
The car can run even without a bov. We can still take it out on the road once the thermostat is in place.
Arush, the car will not overheat if you run it w/o a thermostat. If fact, its quite teh opposite, the only problem you will find is that it will take a long time to warm up in cold climate

You can go ahead and drive it w/o thermostat. If you find that its taking too long to warm up then block the radiator with cardboard.

Last edited by Mpower : 2nd February 2009 at 05:40.
Old 2nd February 2009, 09:33   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Arush, the car will not overheat if you run it w/o a thermostat. If fact, its quite teh opposite, the only problem you will find is that it will take a long time to warm up in cold climate

You can go ahead and drive it w/o thermostat. If you find that its taking too long to warm up then block the radiator with cardboard.

Spot on !! I had removed the thermostat from my Maruti 800 way back in 1988 & drove it like that for a good 1,50,000 kms after...never had an issue.

So that takes care of the thermostat problem

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 2nd February 2009 at 09:51.
Old 2nd February 2009, 12:53   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
hey guys dont know about what output ill get from that turbo but i am expecting somewhere around 250 bhp atleast. Besides that i'm more concerned about the 0-100 time . Would be satisfied only when it does it in 5 secs or close.
Thats a little too optimistic.
I think you should be smiling if 0-100 is in the 7-8 second range. I assume you are using the turbo in the stock 520i engine which in stock form generates ~130 hp.
Old 2nd February 2009, 13:31   #73
Senior - BHPian

The engine is a 6 cyl. 525i engine stock putting out 170 bhp if I am not wrong.

Cheers
Old 2nd February 2009, 14:15   #74
BANNED

the engine is m20b25 engine i.e 525i output at 170 bhp . For the 0-100 time i was promised a time of around 5 seconds so i don't take bak the car and call it complete until it is competent enough to do that.
Old 2nd February 2009, 17:11   #75
Senior - BHPian

Well judging by the fact that BMW's are heavy machines and not 1000kg OHC vtecs, With 250 bhp you probably won't make a 5 second dash to 100.either the power will have to be laid down perfectly with a long ratio gearbox or else bump the boost up.

What boost will your car be running by the way?.and i guess the stock engine should have a compression ratio of above 10:1.which would again hamper increase of boost.

Unless the CR has been reduced you won't be able to bump up the boost.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks