Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2009, 08:22   #46
Senior - BHPian

They will have to wash the surface before installing it or you'll get dirt stuck between the film and the windscreen. Not to mention problems with adhesion.

Yes, they use a blower to shape it first on the outside and they use the shampoo solution to keep it from sticking.
Old 21st January 2009, 08:42   #47
BANNED

Any good sunfilm installer/dealer in Bangalore south?
Old 22nd January 2009, 02:22   #48
BHPian

Sunfilm In Banglore

Zak, you can go to Motown on JC road. He is the authorised distributor for Garware and his rates are pretty reasonable. His guys do a good job with the tints. Also you will have a vast choice for the same. cheers:
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

I got Llumar 35SR installed 2 days after I bought the car. But then there were some hazaar bubbles present. So I went back to the installer and he removed the film and got it reinstalled.

Today I find that the bubbles have resurfaced. At places its not just bubbles, but folds of the film.

I've called up the installer. Guess I'll go and ask him to remove the film and give my money back. Atleast some!

Can anyone please guide me to a very good installer of sunfilms in Chennai ? MASS/Llumar guys do a better job ? Dont mind spending the extra buck, provided the finish is perfect.
Old 23rd January 2009, 12:43   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
Hi everyone,
I too have installed or rather have tinted the windscreen of both my Baleno(Garware) and my brothers Swift(Lumar). However we got it installed from the car accesories shop and not from the actual showroom, and they did not use only water for the fitting, they first stuck the tint from the outside using a heating gun and then removed it and then from inside they again stuck it with the heat gun. I am pretty sure they did not use water for the windshield, but yes for the windows there was no heat used it was only the shampoo water.
Correct me if am wrong. cheers:
Hi Addy,

The heatgun used was only to give the film a curved fit which is present on the windshield and the rear glasses.

The side door windows are pretty straight and thus the film needs no stretching or shrinking that they do with the heatgun.
They have to use soap water to install films otherwise they cant be adjusted properly to the glass size and position. If there is anew film which allows that then I dont know.......
Old 23rd January 2009, 12:45   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Any good sunfilm installer/dealer in Bangalore south?
I know shop called Overhaul in Banshakeri BDA Complex. the guys name is Prashant. Does a neat and competent job. Give it a look.......
Old 6th November 2009, 16:22   #52
Senior - BHPian

An Insight

Guys, this problem seems to be with certain Swifts. Recently, my friend installed film on front windshield, and post this the speedometer lights went off, AC compressor wasn't working, Central Locking started giving problems and interior light was fluctuating. The car was taken to Competent in Mehrauli and Body Control Module was changed and so was the Wiring and fuse of battery's Positive terminal. BCM was changed under warranty and the cost for the same is Rs.10,000.

I'll request all Swift guys to either drop the plan of getting the front windshield filmed or be extra cautious.
Old 8th November 2009, 01:15   #53
BHPian

Went through the entire thread, Is this problem there for both Petrol and diesel swifts or is it limited to one category?
Old 8th November 2009, 17:38   #54
Senior - BHPian

B2BW, my friend has a Petrol version. The Service Center guys themselves were amused as to how come BCM went bonkers as it's sealed.
Old 8th November 2009, 18:02   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Guys, this problem seems to be with certain Swifts. Recently, my friend installed film on front windshield, and post this the speedometer lights went off, AC compressor wasn't working, Central Locking started giving problems and interior light was fluctuating. The car was taken to Competent in Mehrauli and Body Control Module was changed and so was the Wiring and fuse of battery's Positive terminal. BCM was changed under warranty and the cost for the same is Rs.10,000.

I'll request all Swift guys to either drop the plan of getting the front windshield filmed or be extra cautious.
guys
The same problem happened to my vdi last week when I installed v-kool on my windshield . Luckily everything was fine after an hour. I had to go to the dealer to reset the SVS light though. The problem i think is the use of excess spray which seeps through the ventilation on the dashboard.
Cheers
Dilip
Old 15th December 2009, 18:07   #56
BHPian

I would prefer to drive without the sunfilm than to get the ECU damaged.
Old 24th December 2009, 01:00   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
I would prefer to drive without the sunfilm than to get the ECU damaged.
That's Body Control Module, but the best part is Maruti guys say it's sealed and still it goes bust.
Old 24th December 2009, 01:31   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Went through the entire thread, Is this problem there for both Petrol and diesel swifts or is it limited to one category?
Its not only a problem with Swift, even i faced a similar issue with my Elantra, Here is the link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...n-elantra.html
Old 30th December 2009, 23:52   #59
BHPian

No film is needed for new cars

Here is what Llumar says

Welcome to LLumar website

How can I protect my front windscreen from sun's heat with LLumar films?

Question (8/17/2001): Can you tell me about the protectiveness of the front windshield? I got UV window film put on the rest of my car recently but I'm concerned about the sun that shines on me through the front. I know it offers some degree of protection due to the film placed between the two layers of glass, but is it significant or very minor?
Answer: Less than 1% of the sun's ultraviolet (UV) rays penetrate the windshield in newer vehicles. This is due to UV absorption by the PVB (polyvinylbutyral) interlayer that is used to laminate two sheets of glass together, making up the windshield unit. Some vehicles five years or more years old may allow as much as 10% of the UVA to transmit through the windshield glass. (In some countries, windshields are merely tempered glass, with no PVB interlayer at all.) UVB is screened by the glass itself and UVC is screened by the ozone layer of the earth's atmosphere. If you are extremely sensitive to UV rays (due to a medical condition), UV absorption by the windshield may not be sufficient protection, thereby requiring the installation of CPFilms' AIR75SRHPR film (which also reject 39% of the solar heat), where permitted by law. Many film installation companies should have a UV meter in their shops, allowing them to accurately measure how much UV is coming through your windshield and other windows of your vehicle, and the effectiveness of a window film installation
Old 31st December 2009, 03:09   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranil View Post
Here is what Llumar says

Welcome to LLumar website

How can I protect my front windscreen from sun's heat with LLumar films?

Question (8/17/2001): Can you tell me about the protectiveness of the front windshield? I got UV window film put on the rest of my car recently but I'm concerned about the sun that shines on me through the front. I know it offers some degree of protection due to the film placed between the two layers of glass, but is it significant or very minor?
Answer: Less than 1% of the sun's ultraviolet (UV) rays penetrate the windshield in newer vehicles. This is due to UV absorption by the PVB (polyvinylbutyral) interlayer that is used to laminate two sheets of glass together, making up the windshield unit. Some vehicles five years or more years old may allow as much as 10% of the UVA to transmit through the windshield glass. (In some countries, windshields are merely tempered glass, with no PVB interlayer at all.) UVB is screened by the glass itself and UVC is screened by the ozone layer of the earth's atmosphere. If you are extremely sensitive to UV rays (due to a medical condition), UV absorption by the windshield may not be sufficient protection, thereby requiring the installation of CPFilms' AIR75SRHPR film (which also reject 39% of the solar heat), where permitted by law. Many film installation companies should have a UV meter in their shops, allowing them to accurately measure how much UV is coming through your windshield and other windows of your vehicle, and the effectiveness of a window film installation
So in Simple words , This is not necessary.
The Cons seems to be heavy when compared to the pros

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks