Team-BHP - Product Review: Pete's Digital Diesel Tuning Box
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Product Review: Pete's Digital Diesel Tuning Box (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/6623-product-review-petes-digital-diesel-tuning-box-3.html)

Well someone mentioned about result with K&N ... I have a K&N for my Merc but havent installed it as yet as I want to install and take the car for a test run and thats exactly what we had planned for last sunday but it didnt work out ...
Will try to get the Vbox again when we have many enthusiast to do testing ...

Hi Pete,

Just one question from me:

How does the engine life span get affected because of the box? Will it increase/decrease the engine life span significantly?

Cheers,

@EVO6 - How an earth did your Mercedes manage a 8.1x second 0 - 100 kph run? How accurate was the timing? Any other modifications?

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revvhead
I think what he's saying is that the tata owners are interested,
But his pricipals have certains principles that they stick to , i.e - putting out a quality , tested & reliable product and are not willing to damage their reputation, by having the tata engine go bust on them, after which the inger poiting will head towards pete & PSi

EXACTLY WHAT I MEANT CAUSE PSI WOULD DO A UNIT ONLY AFTER INTENSIVE TESTING

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepakhon
Hi Pete,

Just one question from me:

How does the engine life span get affected because of the box? Will it increase/decrease the engine life span significantly?

Cheers,

According to PSI the life span of your engine will change only if you are really using the extra power all the time which is actually not possible in day to day life. Like if you have modified your engine for more power and are using the car on the track only running full throttle mode 99% of the time then you can get a reduced lifespan. We are talking about normal turbo diesel cars here that are mostly used for A to B transport and we feel you should not have any significant difference in the life span of the engine. Just a more happier, comfortable and smoother ride.
HAVE FUN

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
@EVO6 - How an earth did your Mercedes manage a 8.1x second 0 - 100 kph run? How accurate was the timing? Any other modifications?

GTO

GTO,
Thats exactly what i am telling you man ...
The car actually was flying ... No other mods ... Not even a K&N .. Was using Plus 1 setting ...
When we do our testing next will let u test drive mah baby then u will know ...

Absolutely mindboggling, EVO. You have yourself an RS killer! So, theoretically the C220 could manage a better time with the powerbox - being lighter and a 6 speed manual?

Diesels rock

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Absolutely mindboggling, EVO. You have yourself an RS killer! So, theoretically the C220 could manage a better time with the powerbox - being lighter and a 6 speed manual?

Diesels rock

GTO

and you behind the wheel. Sure you'll better the E220. No doubt. Dying to try it I can see. What is your ODO reading now GTO?? Running in still??

GTO,
Definitely the C is going to be much faster ... We can try it when we do testing just let me know when .. infact you have a Gtech Pro meter rite? we can use that too when doing testing ...
As a matter a fact the MERC engines are already broken in when they get assembled in the car... Since Bajaj Tempo assembles the engine they break in all engines before delivery to DCIL ... I know this coz the owner of Tempo is a Good Friend ..

TI,
You shud shift base to Maharashtra .. U missing out on all the action ..

Cheers
EVO

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVO6
Since Bajaj Tempo assembles the engine they break in all engines before delivery to DCIL

wassdat! Bajaj Tempo assembles all the DCIL engines?

Dont be so shocked my friend.... They have been doing it since DCIL ever came into India ... Tempo got the contract since they were already using a Benz engine for their traveller ...
lol:

Also "Tempo" is a trademark registered to daimler crysler.
If i remember correctly, the tempo traveler uses a 3L merc diesel engine.
Can it be plonked in a car?

I know Tempo had a tie up with MB for their engines, but I had no clue they assembled the engines for the cars as well. I thought the engines were brought in as complete units?

DaimlerChrysler is the original owner of the Tempo brandname. Daimler Chrysler had signed a technical collaboration with Bajaj Tempo in 2003, to provide technology for common rail diesel engine. Bajaj Tempo is still an important supplier to DaimlerChrysler India, for the requirements of Mercedes engines in India.

The Source - Dance With Shadows

The engine that Tempo builds is the OM616 used in the Trax and Traveller.

Not sure if they are assembling the C220 engine, but in the future the same engine will be used in the Tempo and
Trax replacing the OM616 after its fully indigenized.