Team-BHP - Product Review: Pete's Digital Diesel Tuning Box
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Product Review: Pete's Digital Diesel Tuning Box (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/6623-product-review-petes-digital-diesel-tuning-box-9.html)

1 week more for the innova box. i cant wait. 24bhp and 55nm more.

I am going through this thread since long. What i found is, there is no product available for TATAs and M&Ms.
Peter, Any reson?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW77 (Post 567487)
I am going through this thread since long. What i found is, there is no product available for TATAs and M&Ms.
Peter, Any reson?

I think cause Tata's and MnMs engine are not as reliable or so i have heard.

These tuning boxes are not made in India. They are PSI boxes sold in India by the ever helpful Peter of Pete's. Hence, they would be made to be compatible with popular engines used in the European market. Tata and Mahindra are not very popular there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 570207)
I think cause Tata's and MnMs engine are not as reliable or so i have heard.

I find this tough to believe for the Safari Atleast.
Afterall, the same 3.0L DICOR engine is based on their truck engine and those engines Lakhs of kilometers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech (Post 570222)
These tuning boxes are not made in India. They are PSI boxes sold in India by the ever helpful Peter of Pete's. Hence, they would be made to be compatible with popular engines used in the European market. Tata and Mahindra are not very popular there.

OT, but here's a case for someone to go make a PSI-type box for Indian vehicles and price it at Rs.15K. Unless both manufacturers have already maxxed out their performances, which seems likely since Tata's did not raise the power available even for the Indigo XL. Anyway, something to get those Bosch engineers sitting in Bangalore thinking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarySkulls (Post 572729)
I find this tough to believe for the Safari Atleast.
Afterall, the same 3.0L DICOR engine is based on their truck engine and those engines Lakhs of kilometers.

Well its not only the engine but even the gearbox :Shockked: I heard Tata can easily program the Dicor Indigos to 100bhp but the gearbox restricts them.

The indica petrol shares the same engine with the indigo p. would it be possible to up the bhp in the indica p with an ecu remap to indigo specs?

Is this Pete's box only meant for cars with DI and having an ECU or for any diesel?

Needs to have an ECU.

I have mid-2006 Elantra CRDI.

I remember seeing Pete's effect on Elantra somewhere on forum but can't find it. Whats the box rice for Elantra and improvment expected.

Also, are Bhpian getting 10% discount? I am in Bangalore.
thanks,

Quote:

Originally Posted by durvasa (Post 577664)

I remember seeing Pete's effect on Elantra somewhere on forum but can't find it. Whats the box rice for Elantra and improvment expected.

thanks,

itll raise the power to 130bhp and 305nm or torque. tadukuttan has a petes box in his elantra.

Rtech,

It's now more than 2 years since you installed the box on your octy. Assuming you still use the box and the car, any long term side-effects on the engine? or any other issues/problems? Also, the black smoke from the exhaust - has it gone away forever due to the box?

And, do you disconnect the box when taking the car to Skoda for servicing?

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by durvasa (Post 577664)

thanks,

PM Peter he will be help you, he is turboindia on the forum

Here is the link to his profile

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/turboindia.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandpadhye (Post 577791)
Rtech,

It's now more than 2 years since you installed the box on your octy. Assuming you still use the box and the car, any long term side-effects on the engine? or any other issues/problems? Also, the black smoke from the exhaust - has it gone away forever due to the box?

And, do you disconnect the box when taking the car to Skoda for servicing?

Thanks.

well anand, initially I planed on testing the box and thats it. But once i got used to the power delivery, I really could not live without it! So yes, I still have the box on my car. And I am happy to say that there have been no problems whatsoever. I am currently on level 2.

No black smoke issues and no service issues. I do not go to any authorised dealer for services, but if I did, I would remove the box not because of warranty issues (there is no warranty left on my car) but just afraid that it may go missing!! I had that happen on a Pipercross filter I had put in. The car came back to me without that filter!