Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2009, 09:22   #31
BHPian

Well apparently the company has changed its policy to keep the sales going. The Jopasu duster I bought about 4 years ago came with a written note that said "DO NOT WASH THE DUSTER", and "THE DIRTIER IT GETS, THE BETTER IT WORKS". Supposedly the duster strands are treated with some kind of "baked-on" wax that aids the dust attracting properties of the duster.

I changed my first duster after using it for over 1 and a half year, as its dust attracting capacity had greatly reduced. Now the second duster too was full with dust and based on the experiences of other posters here, I decided to rinse it with water and re-use it, instead of getting another new one. However, I have found that the dust attracting properties of the duster has been greatly reduced after washing it. It has not gone back to its original capacity and only manages to attract 50% of the dust, that too after more than 2 wipes over the same area. Apparently the wax coating too was washed off when I washed the duster and therefore its capacity is reduced. It does the job, but it takes more time and effort to do so.

I think the product was originally designed to work till it was full with dust and then you were supposed to replace it with a new one. But considering the Indian market where we want everything to last forever, the company is now advising its customers to wash the duster with a mild soap and re-use it, instead of replacing it.
newcoolgadgets is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2009, 12:41   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Hey, thanks a heap dude!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
All: I made a mistake in the above post, the right contact for Jopasu is:

9921000277 - Mr. Sudheer.

MODS: Please delete my earlier post.
Thanks for this info.
Old 13th October 2009, 15:17   #33
BANNED

This is just arrived ! Check the pic.

Got it for Rs 500/-. Not yet checked, how it works . Will share review shortly.

@Ferrari1976 Thanks a lot. Can you please give your feedback for Jopasu car treatment? cost? is it worth?

@Raccoon

Duster 475/-
Cloth 200/-
Shampoo 80/- (Free with Combo)
Attached Thumbnails
Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-dsc04533.jpg  

Old 13th October 2009, 17:38   #34
BANNED

@ Mods - I understand that this is my third subsequent post in this thread, however i was unable to edit earlier post to give update.

@Shakensoul - sorry to barge into your thread , however update seems to be relevant.

Wanted to make full use of my half day holiday (it is election day in Maharastra), after taking care of my basic responsibility - voting. (Look at pic )

Took over car cleaning job moment i got Jopasu kit. Result are posted below.

Review -

Duster - Results were fine. in my opinion , it was not great considering cost of Rs 350/-. However , it is handy to clean your car in cases like - you are late for office and just want to wipe of dust quickly without getting into mess and spoiling your office attire. It is Handy.

Cloth - Used it to wipe water after washing. Results are amazing. it soaked all water leaving dry sparkling surface. Earlier i used to get spots - either dry water drops or some other water marks. Something i was looking for

With this cloth, i am satisfied. Worth Rs 150/- (if same option is not available at lower cost like microfibre cloth from reliance ). Highly recommended.

Shampoo - Used it but not sure about effect since car is almost new. However it smells like typical .. say hair remover solution ! it produces less froth.

Hope to find input useful.
Attached Thumbnails
Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-dsc04542.jpg  

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-dsc04541.jpg  

Last edited by idea1979 : 13th October 2009 at 17:47.
Old 13th October 2009, 17:57   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea1979 View Post
@ Mods - I understand that this is my third subsequent post in this thread, however i was unable to edit earlier post to give update.

@Shakensoul - sorry to barge into your thread , however update seems to be relevant.

Wanted to make full use of my half day holiday (it is election day in Maharastra). However i have performed my responsibility - voting. (Look at pic )

Took over car cleaning job moment i got Jopasu kit. Result are posted below.

Review -

Duster - Results were fine. in my opinion , it was not great considering cost of Rs 350/-. However , it is handy to clean your car in cases like - you are late for office and just want to wipe of dust quickly without getting into mess and spoiling your office attire. It is Handy.

Cloth - Used it to wipe water after washing. Results are amazing. it soaked all water leaving dry sparkling surface. Earlier i used to get spots - either dry water drops or some other water marks. Something i was looking for

With this cloth, i am satisfied. Worth Rs 150/- (if same option is not available at lower cost like microfibre cloth from reliance ). Highly recommended.

Shampoo - Used it but not sure about effect since car is almost new. However it smells like typical .. say hair remover solution ! it produces less froth.

Hope to find input useful.
Thanks for the review idea1979.The Jopashu duster is a messiah for people like me having a huge and unmanageably unclean Scorpio.Especially the roof top cannot be reached normally, until I try some ape like tricks. So the Jopashu comes in very handy here. And as you rightly put it, it does not mess up our attire.
Its news that the cloth duster is so very dutiful and nice. I'll get one very soon. thanks!
And the shampoo - have lots of them with me.
Old 14th October 2009, 00:52   #36
Senior - BHPian

Great review! I might as well get myself one of these..
Old 14th October 2009, 15:47   #37
BHPian

Purchased Japasu combo pack recently and duster cleans fine. But it collected lot of dust and looks dirty. I do not know how long it will perform. But they missed the free shampoo pack and received only apology for missing the item
Old 14th October 2009, 22:44   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
And the shampoo - have lots of them with me.
Went on a buying spree for the automobile shampoos of various hues from various metros.And it appears I am getting too lazy to apply them and consume 'em all.
Now with the surplus stock am seriously considering putting a brand new thread, to seek enlightened views on as to whether these can be used fruitfully on human heads!That can be a better way of consuming these.
Old 15th October 2009, 00:19   #39
BHPian

Lol! I would strongly advise you against putting in on your head! If you have someone to wash the car for you, then ask them to use it. As a last resort, you can always pour a bit in your mop water.
Old 15th October 2009, 18:03   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Went on a buying spree for the automobile shampoos of various hues from various metros.And it appears I am getting too lazy to apply them and consume 'em all.
Now with the surplus stock am seriously considering putting a brand new thread, to seek enlightened views on as to whether these can be used fruitfully on human heads!That can be a better way of consuming these.
Please refer my earlier post:

>>Shampoo - Used it but not sure about effect since car is almost new. However it smells like typical .. say hair remover solution ! it produces less froth.

Hope these shampoo doesnt have hair removal properties too
Old 15th October 2009, 19:18   #41
Senior - BHPian

I have similar dusters bought from Korea 2 years back. Here these dusters are quite common as most of the people use it. But it gets dirty pretty early.

I rarely using duster(only during long drives) as car washer comes every morning for washing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea1979 View Post
Hope these shampoo doesnt have hair removal properties too
Are you planning to use as hair remover?

Last edited by anujmishra : 15th October 2009 at 19:20.
Old 17th October 2009, 14:14   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I have similar dusters bought from Korea 2 years back. Here these dusters are quite common as most of the people use it. But it gets dirty pretty early.

I rarely using duster(only during long drives) as car washer comes every morning for washing.

Are you planning to use as hair remover?
Well not me ! here is reference

Quote:
Old 18th October 2009, 17:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Ordered a combo pack through ebay.in (Rs.625+75).

I will update this thread after my first use.
Old 18th October 2009, 23:18   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Ordered a combo pack through ebay.in (Rs.625+75).

I will update this thread after my first use.
Hope you have used 10% or 20% discount coupon. Do update with review.
Old 29th October 2009, 12:16   #45
Senior - BHPian

Got my combo pack yesterday (big duster for exterior + small for interior + shampoo). Looks nice and will try it and update this thread :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks